Search

Team Durango DNX408 Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by captain america
Here's the thing though:

Of the cars I've had, Mugen and Kyosho have been rather quick at coming up with fixes for the (few) minor issues with their cars, and have been otherwise very forgiving.
Yes but also.. mugen and kyosho have been doin this a lot longer.. it took FOREVER for kyosho to get rid of those phillips head screws.. lol but I'm sure it took some promting (probably lower sales and many complaints) for serpent to make changes but after their restructuring, who knows how large their developing team, since they are new at offroad I won't go as far as to say give them a break, but I will say after this servo issue, watch out, because its a very dangerous car.. oh and my friends/relatives aren't pro or sponsered in anyway..
Old 09-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Phillips head screws: I've actually come to love those over time, and I still buy the Kyosho titanium Phillips head screws; the diamond pattern is actually much harder to strip and lasts a lot longer than a hex. TORX would be ideal, but hey, one miracle at a time

I will agree with you that the 811 buggy is quick. Once its major bugs are sorted, it will be a force to contend with. The thing is, there are over 20 buggies currently available out there, of which almost half are really good & competitive, so when Serpent (or any other company) buries its corporate head in the sand for almost 5 months pretending that a serious problem doesn't exist, it can end up being disastrous for their sales (if it hasn't already.) By the way, this isn't the first time they've released a lemon; someone I know who runs the brand told me that a few years ago, they released an on-road car that was so bad it nearly sank the company, and this was before the Chinese takeover.

How will Durango fare? We shall see soon enough. The only major obstacle I can foresee is parts availability, but time will tell on that too.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Haha good point. And that onroad car I believe was the 'impact' series.. never ran one but I can still hear the complaints... lol that was a doozy. But at least this issue is fixable.

Back to the DURANGO, I want to see the final pics. Short or tall shock towers, final radio plate, the brake setup.. I as I could see in the old pics the brake setup was pretty cool.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Thumbs up DURANGO'S UP SERPENTS DOWN...LOL...

Phillips head screws: I've actually come to love those over time, and I still buy the Kyosho titanium Phillips head screws; the diamond pattern is actually much harder to strip and lasts a lot longer than a hex. TORX would be ideal, but hey, one miracle at a time

I will agree with you that the 811 buggy is quick. Once its major bugs are sorted, it will be a force to contend with. The thing is, there are over 20 buggies currently available out there, of which almost half are really good & competitive, so when Serpent (or any other company) buries its corporate head in the sand for almost 5 months pretending that a serious problem doesn't exist, it can end up being disastrous for their sales (if it hasn't already.) By the way, this isn't the first time they've released a lemon; someone I know who runs the brand told me that a few years ago, they released an on-road car that was so bad it nearly sank the company, and this was before the Chinese takeover.

How will Durango fare? We shall see soon enough. The only major obstacle I can foresee is parts availability, but time will tell on that too.
Cap im with you on this, Serpents hold is terrible, if they ever get it sorted out before the car becomes adead horse<wich its heading that direction> i would still never buy as much as a screw from them, that is the worst company i have EVER seen, now this durango, 5mm chassis etc...im stoked, i will be selling my serpent, i was holding on to do a electric conversion, but after reading how the KEEP putting people down, and telling them nothings wrong, it in there head etc, and patting each other on the back, makes me sick, i will no longer have ANYTHING TO DO WITH SERPENT....i might just even just throw in TRASH, where the 811 belongs LOL, so i dont have someone else go thru endure, what i, and MANY others have experienced, but of course it in our heads, or you just have to do this or that...lol...when the durango drops, my season will be over, wich im kinda happy about, cause if and thats a big IF theres a bug to be worked out by the time im ready to get a buggy again, it will be addressed, unless its serpent, and there more month...sorry to flame, but one of there KEY guys calls me out in there, as he had a problem with someone else and it had NOTHING to do with me, so im flamed up right now, i will buy this buggy, as well as the new kyosho buggy coming out....lol...why not? hehe
Old 09-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

!!!
http://www.team-durango.com/blog/?p=1502
I'll wait for the EP version...
Old 09-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Once the servo tray comes out I see the serpent and Durango being virtually the same. Will be fun to watch. The Serpent handles unreal.....fastest buggy I have owned. Spanks my old Mugen MBX6 and Losi 2.0.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Yes it is now November boys. Get ready!!
And PS I hope it nothing like the Serpent!!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone seen or heard what the weight of the car is going to be??
Old 09-18-2010, 07:15 AM
dlb
Tech Initiate

So whats new? Anything interesting?

Guess we all have to w8 for november and the snow.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default October arrival

Just got confirmation from my LHS that my 408 WILL be in by mid October! In fact the shopowner has 5 units coming in this october and he will be driving one at the Worlds in Pattaya, Thailand. Can't wait!!
Old 09-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Infinity
Just got confirmation from my LHS that my 408 WILL be in by mid October! In fact the shopowner has 5 units coming in this october and he will be driving one at the Worlds in Pattaya, Thailand. Can't wait!!
Well I think you are bit ahead here. The actual kits will be in November not in October. There is limited amount of kits being produced mainly for the team drivers attending worlds and some for the distributors. Even the kits for Worlds partisipants have not yet been confirmed by TD so I doubt any LHS has got confirmations either for customer cars. So let's hope you get yours but do not hold your breath yet
Old 09-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poinas2
Well I think you are bit ahead here. The actual kits will be in November not in October. There is limited amount of kits being produced mainly for the team drivers attending worlds and some for the distributors. Even the kits for Worlds partisipants have not yet been confirmed by TD so I doubt any LHS has got confirmations either for customer cars. So let's hope you get yours but do not hold your breath yet
I hope so,,, I'm located in Malaysia by the way. Was told by the local shopowner who is also going to run in the Worlds that he would have at least his before he leaves for Thailand. I don't mind waiting for November but hey, if it arrives earlier i won't complain!
Old 09-19-2010, 01:58 AM
Tech Regular

I believe what Infinity said, I think they have the car before all other countries, Remember that Team Durango production is in Taiwan... I think someone already has the car....
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DNX408 Prototype-body_408_1.jpg   Team Durango DNX408 Prototype-body_408_2.jpg  
Old 09-19-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mazzinga
I believe what Infinity said, I think they have the car before all other countries, Remember that Team Durango production is in Taiwan... I think someone already has the car....
Yes they might get them earlier because of the freight taking time but in any case we haven't got any confirmations and the qty was very limited so I was thinking it would be strange if some LHS gets 5 before even a local disti gets their first. And we are speaking of month+ difference here.

Also I think indeed someone should have the car as it's already a national champion among other results
Old 09-19-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

v

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.