R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #766
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8rtot View Post
How if they're expected to be released around the same time? And the JQ does look good but i'd prefer not another Losi/Xray/Agama look alike. I know a lot of cars have similar priciples but at least this one isn't blatant
all of the above cars have similarities but they do have distinct features that set them apart ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neobart View Post
Why throw out a perfectly good design just for the sake of being different.
so i guess Durango just design their car just to be different... not for performance gains... ...
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #767
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
How if they're expected to be released around the same time? And the JQ does look good but i'd prefer not another Losi/Xray/Agama look alike. I know a lot of cars have similar priciples but at least this one isn't blatant
Agreed.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:08 PM   #768
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The point is, they built up tons of hype, and so far have delivered NOTHING. When they first started showing pics of this car, i was like WOW i want one. But that started fading in June since they kept moving the date back.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #769
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

LOL just because they wanted to make the car was right the 1st time?? Your not intending on making a purchase until Dec (when 'THE CAR' comes out) however that's about the date the DNX comes, so they gave you a heads a yr before. If I remember JQ said he's been designing his car for two yrs. They may have saved someone (me) from buying another car at the beginning of this season. I don't understand why ppl don't like waiting.. even if it took a year.. what would've changed if they never told you? You're still racing rite??

I don't mean to bash but that's it doesn't make a difference if your gonna wait anyways
Old 09-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #770
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
LOL just because they wanted to make the car was right the 1st time?? Your not intending on making a purchase until Dec (when 'THE CAR' comes out) however that's about the date the DNX comes, so they gave you a heads a yr before. If I remember JQ said he's been designing his car for two yrs. They may have saved someone (me) from buying another car at the beginning of this season. I don't understand why ppl don't like waiting.. even if it took a year.. what would've changed if they never told you? You're still racing rite??

I don't mean to bash but that's it doesn't make a difference if your gonna wait anyways
the DNX is coming out in December you say? I guess because they set this deadline means they wont miss it like the last 2 right.

And BS about making it right the 1st time. Its called trial and error, and i am sure things they were trying to be innovative with are being changed to the tried and true form that cars out now use. Hell, when they first started showing off the car, everything seems to be machined AL, which we all gave them crap for. That is changing as more and more Plastic parts have been shown.

The JQ car has probably been more then 2 years in the making. But it wasnt until a couple months ago did he start showing it. And then explaining why he did what he did. Durango has only shown images, and nothing more. So if there a reason they decided to be soooo different. or are they doing it just to be different. Lastly, i wont be buying either car until i see one drive on a US track. Our tracks are far different then what you see in Europe, and Asia and the cars will handle differently. Also, the JQ car is going to be cheaper then the DNX, probably by 200 bucks.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:50 AM   #771
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Amain already taking pre-orders!

Get your pre-orders in!
hookem34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #772
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem34 View Post
Get your pre-orders in!
Already have it done
Old 09-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #773
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
the DNX is coming out in December you say? I guess because they set this deadline means they wont miss it like the last 2 right.

And BS about making it right the 1st time. Its called trial and error, and i am sure things they were trying to be innovative with are being changed to the tried and true form that cars out now use. Hell, when they first started showing off the car, everything seems to be machined AL, which we all gave them crap for. That is changing as more and more Plastic parts have been shown.

The JQ car has probably been more then 2 years in the making. But it wasnt until a couple months ago did he start showing it. And then explaining why he did what he did. Durango has only shown images, and nothing more. So if there a reason they decided to be soooo different. or are they doing it just to be different. Lastly, i wont be buying either car until i see one drive on a US track. Our tracks are far different then what you see in Europe, and Asia and the cars will handle differently. Also, the JQ car is going to be cheaper then the DNX, probably by 200 bucks.
Well I this deadline will be a little more reliable seeing as though its on the special privileged dealer's website now (Amain). And seeing as though this is JQ's 1st product what gives you the confidence that his date will be accurate? Even the largest of companies have to push dates back (AE, LOSI, MUGEN, ect) at least Durango have a few cars under their belt. (Not to knock JQ at all)

And about durangos cnc'd parts in the earlier prototypes- you have to remember Gerd makes just about all of his prototyped parts himself, creating a different mold for plastics is more expensive then milling and cnc'ing. And I don't think you can have a plastics manufacturing shop/garage (where it all began).

There isn't a single car made now that I can think of that doesn't handle well on both types of tracks. They wouldn't produce a car that couldn't handle on both and the recent races they've attended posted on previous pages have been on simular types of tracks compared to what we run here. Again no disrespect.

Back to the car. I'm curious to see if they'll be using the taller shock towers they've using/testing? The pics on Amain are old. And I would like to see the radio plate aswell.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:43 AM   #774
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

A significant "kill-mark" can be added to Durango's collection:

http://www.redrc.net/2010/09/hupo-ho...rman-champion/

Not too shabby for a prototype car.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #775
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america View Post
A significant "kill-mark" can be added to Durango's collection:

http://www.redrc.net/2010/09/hupo-ho...rman-champion/

Not too shabby for a prototype car.
Awesome....
Old 09-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #776
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

u think they will have issiues with the servo being close to the engine, hopefully they see serpents BIG FOUL UP, and lack of customer support in that area and change, i am all in i wanted this from the beginning, serpents having issiues on AND offroad, just not the same company...c'mon durango,,,,roll em in!!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #777
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBlazin View Post
u think they will have issiues with the servo being close to the engine, hopefully they see serpents BIG FOUL UP, and lack of customer support in that area and change, i am all in i wanted this from the beginning, serpents having issiues on AND offroad, just not the same company...c'mon durango,,,,roll em in!!!!
In my honest opinion, expect problems; it's just easier to deal with when you can anticipate issues and plan ahead accordingly. This isn't meant as a criticism as much as a realistic expectation. If no problems arise, then great.

At the very least, I can see some heat shielding tape being used in strategic locations.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #778
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america View Post
In my honest opinion, expect problems; it's just easier to deal with when you can anticipate issues and plan ahead accordingly. This isn't meant as a criticism as much as a realistic expectation. If no problems arise, then great.

At the very least, I can see some heat shielding tape being used in strategic locations.
cool, hows the company, good thing i have to say, serpent usa DID send parts that were needed, as kits had wrong brake eccenters etrc..do these guys have a hub setup in the usa for possible defects etc...dont know anything about them besides they make awesome looking cars
Old 09-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #779
Tech Master

Their DEX410 has had some running changes I believe, but nothing serious. All cars will have some sort of flaw once the masses start beating on them.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:01 AM   #780
Tech Regular

If you are talking about tape on the steering servo, I believe this is just added protection from fuel spills with it having a more centrally mounted tank filler and therefore being closer to the steering servo...
Jaf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote