R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #721
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBlazin View Post
mine 3...and i appreciate that you guys stayed on it working out bugs, rather than throwing the car into the market, leaving disastor for consumers, like the 'other' company did,i never liked snakes anyway..lol
Unfortunate about the tray on the Serpent. But other then that the S811 is amazing.... Since I have a brushless version I don't have a tray problem, so the car has been unreal fast and bulletproof. It is 1 second faster over my Losi 2.0 and .5 sec over my MBX6. So no complaints for me.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #722
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Send a message via AIM to mazzinga
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzemaxx View Post
Wow...nice. I will CNC a motor mount for it immediately. I want my brushless Durango now....lol
I think the E-Powered is on the way too, just a few month after the GP release..
mazzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #723
Tech Elite
 
TommyBlazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,580
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzemaxx View Post
Unfortunate about the tray on the Serpent. But other then that the S811 is amazing.... Since I have a brushless version I don't have a tray problem, so the car has been unreal fast. 1 second over my Losi 2.0 and .5 sec over my MBX6. So no complaints for me.
i agree totally, when it didnt thermal it was great, but its a nitro buggy, that was very VERY poor design..but it does handle like a dream, ill bet that this durango is the cats meow, when they finally decide to release the radio tray, this car will be winning races, and serpents will be another dead horse,ive never seen so many people junk a car like that 1, i mean race day 2 weeks in a row, i was the last serpent left, and they copped a attitude with me??? and i was fighting for them, oh well, water under the bridge now , moving on to bigger better things,excited to actually be able to race and focus on the
+race-, rather than +the SEVERAL problems that serpent has.
__________________
Thinking on maybe a Tekno 1/8 Nitro Buggy?
TommyBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #724
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzinga View Post
I think the E-Powered is on the way too, just a few month after the GP release..
Did you hear something about it, I'm really interested in the EP version!
sirio76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:53 PM   #725
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzinga View Post
I think the E-Powered is on the way too, just a few month after the GP release..
LOL, I won't wait that long. I will convert the GP version the day of arrival. I own a company with several CNC machines...so its not a problem.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #726
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Send a message via AIM to mazzinga
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio76 View Post
Did you hear something about it, I'm really interested in the EP version!
I heard that they are testing the Ep version too, and I have seen a picture with the Ep version somewere..
mazzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #727
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Send a message via AIM to mazzinga
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzemaxx View Post
LOL, I won't wait that long. I will convert the GP version the day of arrival. I own a company with several CNC machines...so its not a problem.
Wow!!, I hope you post here your work when it is done
mazzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #728
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzinga View Post
I heard that they are testing the Ep version too, and I have seen a picture with the Ep version somewere..
I have seen some picture too, but very long time ago... was in the 2009... If you see somewere new picture of the EP, please let me know!
sirio76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #729
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Send a message via AIM to mazzinga
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio76 View Post
I have seen some picture too, but very long time ago... was in the 2009... If you see somewere new picture of the EP, please let me know!
I have seen new pics a month a go
mazzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #730
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Gerd himself had one at the AMS shootout back in June. Ebi Beck drove it....looked real good.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #731
Tech Master
 
captain america's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

...And back on the topic of the nitro version...

Hopefully this car won't have the same servo problems as the Serpent. I was actually looking over some old CAD drawings and couldn't help but notice that while the throttle servo is a lay-down unit, it's still disturbingly close to the engine mounts. Let's hope that the radio tray is carbon or plastic on stead of aluminum, or that servo will end up cooked.

I'll see if I can upload the pic in question.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #732
Tech Master
 
captain america's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

This is the one I mean.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Durango DNX408 Prototype-834658329_b4tqu-x3.jpg  
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #733
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Well considering the designer is the same for the S811, the tray design would be similar. But I would bet the hold up maybe a tray re-design since maybe they saw what the S811 has gone through???

It looks very similar to the S811 design, just simply laid down.

http://www.team-durango.com/blog/wp-...oplatepic2.jpg
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #734
Tech Master
 
captain america's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzemaxx View Post
Well considering the designer is the same for the S811, the tray design would be similar.[/url]
From what I can see, the designs of both radio trays are more drastically different than any other component on these respective cars. Serpent has a raised and suspended tray with upright servos, while Durango have laid the tray flat against the bottom of the chassis and mounted the servos on top and in the lay-down position.

I realize that everyone wants to get a low CG and all, but due to the heat dissipated by the chassis plate, I wonder if a more conventional radio tray isn't a better solution? If only to keep the servos away from any unnecessary heat.

It's entirely possible that Serpent may have a slight advance in dealing with the servo issues, since they've had more time on the market and customer feedback.

Let's hope Durango have been paying attention to the servo issues.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #735
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america View Post
From what I can see, the designs of both radio trays are more drastically different than any other component on these respective cars. Serpent has a raised and suspended tray with upright servos, while Durango have laid the tray flat against the bottom of the chassis and mounted the servos on top and in the lay-down position.

I realize that everyone wants to get a low CG and all, but due to the heat dissipated by the chassis plate, I wonder if a more conventional radio tray isn't a better solution? If only to keep the servos away from any unnecessary heat.

It's entirely possible that Serpent may have a slight advance in dealing with the servo issues, since they've had more time on the market and customer feedback.

Let's hope Durango have been paying attention to the servo issues.
If figure where they are laying down the servos they will have extensive pocket milling of the chassis for air space. Or at least that is what I hope.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:59 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net