R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #481
Tech Fanatic
 
Peter Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

We have been in communication with Durango for over a year. In the last 3 months...No response to any emails. Not a good sign for business.
Peter Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #482
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Martin View Post
We have been in communication with Durango for over a year. In the last 3 months...No response to any emails. Not a good sign for business.
I have contacted hrp by phone and email they always get beck to me and are working very close with Durango
O'donnell racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #483
Tech Fanatic
 
Peter Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I assume that is the way Durango wants us to go. That's fine,just wish they would return the emails to explain.
Peter Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #484
Tech Master
 
captain america's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Martin View Post
I assume that is the way Durango wants us to go. That's fine,just wish they would return the emails to explain.
Agreed. At the very least a disclaimer on the site to redirect traffic to HRP. Hopefully that little pot hole in the professionalism road is an anomaly and not a habit, cos everything I've seen them do in the last 5 years has just exuded quality & dedication..
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #485
Tech Addict
 
VWVR6_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Western,PA
Posts: 560
Send a message via MSN to VWVR6_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Martin View Post
We have been in communication with Durango for over a year. In the last 3 months...No response to any emails. Not a good sign for business.
I send a email to HRP today in wich I got my answer in less than a 1hr. Second, HRP responsability is work very close with Team Durango, they are the Distributor. Now, We are not going to see the Buggy or any kind of production and or distribution according to HRP at least in the next 120 days or more. Maybe more maybe less but this buggy will be HOT for next year season. One thing they told me was, keep watching the websites .
__________________
TLR 8ight 2.0 - Werks B5/2058 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l Sweep
TLR 8ight T 2.0 - Werks B5 Pro/2013 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l AKA
Ofna GTP l Hyper 8P Turbo
QUOTE by FLHX1550 "The Werks B5 is kind of a legend"
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #486
Tech Addict
 
VWVR6_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Western,PA
Posts: 560
Send a message via MSN to VWVR6_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america View Post
Agreed. At the very least a disclaimer on the site to redirect traffic to HRP. Hopefully that little pot hole in the professionalism road is an anomaly and not a habit, cos everything I've seen them do in the last 5 years has just exuded quality & dedication..
+ 1
__________________
TLR 8ight 2.0 - Werks B5/2058 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l Sweep
TLR 8ight T 2.0 - Werks B5 Pro/2013 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l AKA
Ofna GTP l Hyper 8P Turbo
QUOTE by FLHX1550 "The Werks B5 is kind of a legend"
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #487
Tech Addict
 
VWVR6_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Western,PA
Posts: 560
Send a message via MSN to VWVR6_T
Default

Some "AMS spy shots" of what it looks like a 408 electric?. I can't see anything just the body w/o the engine hole.
http://www.rc-car.com/index.php/site/article/338/
__________________
TLR 8ight 2.0 - Werks B5/2058 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l Sweep
TLR 8ight T 2.0 - Werks B5 Pro/2013 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l AKA
Ofna GTP l Hyper 8P Turbo
QUOTE by FLHX1550 "The Werks B5 is kind of a legend"

Last edited by VWVR6_T; 06-08-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: 1
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #488
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWVR6_T View Post
Some "AMS spy shots" of what it looks like a 408 electric?. I can't see anything just the body w/o the engine hole.
http://www.rc-car.com/index.php/site/article/338/
Car was setup just like a Caster buggy. Motor in the front and dual packs in the back.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #489
Tech Master
 
captain america's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWVR6_T View Post
Now, We are not going to see the Buggy or any kind of production and or distribution according to HRP at least in the next 120 days or more.
So... No DNX 408 for ANOTHER 6 months/ETA around December??

What conceivable reason do they have for delaying the car for that long?
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #490
Tech Addict
 
VWVR6_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Western,PA
Posts: 560
Send a message via MSN to VWVR6_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america View Post
So... No DNX 408 for ANOTHER 6 months/ETA around December??

What conceivable reason do they have for delaying the car for that long?
HRP said that the 408 is in prototype stage and they(HRP) are not going to see anything at least in the next 120 days or more. I have a e-mail from them I can foward it to you if you like. How true is this? I don't know but it came from one of the main source.
__________________
TLR 8ight 2.0 - Werks B5/2058 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l Sweep
TLR 8ight T 2.0 - Werks B5 Pro/2013 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l AKA
Ofna GTP l Hyper 8P Turbo
QUOTE by FLHX1550 "The Werks B5 is kind of a legend"
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #491
Tech Master
 
captain america's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Would it be possible to copy/paste the contents of the email here in the thread? At least that way it's there for everyone to read.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #492
Tech Master
 
Bigedmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,837
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWVR6_T View Post
I send a email to HRP today in wich I got my answer in less than a 1hr. Second, HRP responsability is work very close with Team Durango, they are the Distributor. Now, We are not going to see the Buggy or any kind of production and or distribution according to HRP at least in the next 120 days or more. Maybe more maybe less but this buggy will be HOT for next year season. One thing they told me was, keep watching the websites .
120 Days? Screw that, i will stick with my losi. This car looked like it was ready, but if it is that long, there must be some big changes being made.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:54 PM   #493
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Looks Like Agama wins my vote
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:22 AM   #494
Tech Addict
 
VWVR6_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Western,PA
Posts: 560
Send a message via MSN to VWVR6_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america View Post
Would it be possible to copy/paste the contents of the email here in the thread? At least that way it's there for everyone to read.
Here it is, The first e-mail is in the bottom, last in the top. I'm not going to reveal the name of that person, I don't want to put anybody in the spot light but if you are really interested I can PM you. If you readclosely and follow the sequence the origiunal e-mail was foward from sales to the person that I talked too, I didn't see any title.

Elvin,

The 408 is only a prototype. There is no news or photos of the final production model. I do not have a release date, however I am speculating that it will be at least 120 days or more. Keep watching the websites. We will keep everybody informed as new information becomes available.
----- Original Message -----
From: Elvin Ocasio
To: @hrpdist.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 12:57 PM
Subject: RE: Team Durango 408



S,

Thank you for the promp answer, I have no doubt it will worth the wait. I was just wondering how long is going to be the wait. Also the only information available it is in Durango website, I dont see anybody posting news and information in the major RC websites here in US on what's going on with the buggy in Europe, there is where sales happen. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with Distribution.


Thank You
Elvin Ocasio



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: @hrpdist.com
To: elvinocasio@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Team Durango 408
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 11:16:47 -0600


Elvin,

The 408 is still a prototype, but we hope to see them late this summer. The prototype looks awesome and I think it'll be worth the wait!

------------
HRP Distributing
2371 S. 3600 W.
West Valley City, UT 84119
800-622-7223
866-766-7223 (fax)
www.hrpdealer.com
----- Original Message -----
From: sales@hrpdist.com
To:
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 10:55 AM
Subject: Fw: Team Durango 408



----- Original Message -----
From: Elvin Ocasio
To: sales@hrpdist.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 10:44 AM
Subject: Team Durango 408


HI,


Just wonder if you have any idea when this buggy will be available in the market or any information that you can share.
__________________
TLR 8ight 2.0 - Werks B5/2058 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l Sweep
TLR 8ight T 2.0 - Werks B5 Pro/2013 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l AKA
Ofna GTP l Hyper 8P Turbo
QUOTE by FLHX1550 "The Werks B5 is kind of a legend"
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:31 AM   #495
Tech Addict
 
VWVR6_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Western,PA
Posts: 560
Send a message via MSN to VWVR6_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
120 Days? Screw that, i will stick with my losi. This car looked like it was ready, but if it is that long, there must be some big changes being made.
I was thinking the same way, don't know how long was serpent testing his buggy but after his first race in Arizona took like two month to get it available, This car show up in Neo2010 looks good, after that is been winning races in Europe. I was hopping to see this car in my mailbox in July. I guess is going to be longer the wait.
__________________
TLR 8ight 2.0 - Werks B5/2058 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l Sweep
TLR 8ight T 2.0 - Werks B5 Pro/2013 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l AKA
Ofna GTP l Hyper 8P Turbo
QUOTE by FLHX1550 "The Werks B5 is kind of a legend"
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:55 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net