Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Durango DNX408 Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Got to see the Durango nitro and electric version at the AMS race this weekend. Both looked near production and very well built and high quality. Looked good on the track too. Light and nimble.

EA
Do you know how they perform? or the name of the drivers(racers)?
Old 06-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I Know there are more than a few people who think the Durango 10 scale electric Buggy is hands down the best one on the market. I would think they would do a pretty good job on the Nitro version as well
Old 06-06-2010, 02:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Got to see the Durango nitro and electric version at the AMS race this weekend. Both looked near production and very well built and high quality. Looked good on the track too. Light and nimble.

EA
I know this is the nitro forum, but you mention an electric and a nitro version i the same sentence. Do I understand you correctly that they had an electric version of the 408 or are you speaking about the 410 (1:10 scale)? An electric 408 would be interesting...
Old 06-06-2010, 07:11 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VWVR6_T
Do you know how they perform? or the name of the drivers(racers)?
I am not sure of the person's name as I didnt ask as he didnt speak very good english but did let people freely look at the cars. He was in the A in electric 8th scale buggy and finished in the middle of the pack I think. Car looked good but it didnt appear that he pushed it very much.

Originally Posted by ronsand
I know this is the nitro forum, but you mention an electric and a nitro version i the same sentence. Do I understand you correctly that they had an electric version of the 408 or are you speaking about the 410 (1:10 scale)? An electric 408 would be interesting...
Yes there was an 8th scale electric version there. Looked pretty much like the nitro version with a new style motor mount from other manufactures.

EA
Old 06-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I was also at the 2010 Ams and got to see the 1/8 electric. Gerd Strenge himself flew in from Berlin and drove both buggys. The engineering on this buggy is amazing, it looked like it shared a lot of losi parts, and the motor is up front, like the Kyosho Fs, and the batterys are on either side of the driveline. Gerd said it has an almost perfect 50/50 balance. Like EA said the buggy looked good but was not pushed hard
Old 06-07-2010, 05:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Any word on a release date?
Old 06-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hookem34
Any word on a release date?
looked like the electric cars were still under development they had two of them there, one driven by gerd the other by ebi beck. gerds looked more finished while ebi's looked more experimental. I think the e version will not be out for a while yet
Old 06-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If any one has a link to pics of the E version could u post it
Old 06-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

wuz gonna buy another losi 8, but I think that this might be worth the wait
Old 06-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by SVTHOSER
wuz gonna buy another losi 8, but I think that this might be worth the wait
I'm thinking the same thing. The Durango looks like the most inovative and the highest quality of the three new buggies coming ( agama, serpent) but the Agama is very inexpensive and is already winning big races overseas. The serpent buggy looks good also but there are a few issues that I can't seem to get past like plastic servo horns and stock only clutch. I have decided to wait till September and then make a choice based on research on all three cars. Until then I am cool with my XRAY.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I'm thinking the same thing. The Durango looks like the most inovative and the highest quality of the three new buggies coming ( agama, serpent) but the Agama is very inexpensive and is already winning big races overseas. The serpent buggy looks good also but there are a few issues that I can't seem to get past like plastic servo horns and stock only clutch. I have decided to wait till September and then make a choice based on research on all three cars. Until then I am cool with my XRAY.
I'm in the same position, I was going to buy something new for this year but i don't mine wait to buy this buggy later to use it for next year, my 8ight still doing great .
Old 06-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Lord

I'm lovin the diff cases on the Durango! Looks like one screw and the diff pops out..Its going to be hard to choose
Old 06-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
To be fair, every buggy I've bought came with stock plastic servo horns (except Mugen, which doesn't supply any.) At any rate, the steering horn should pretty much always be replaced with an aluminum unit anyway.

Is the Durango still on track for a July release, or has it been pushed back again?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

I don't understand why no new release date was announced, total silence around this car...why??? is the 408 an Area 51 To secret project??
I believe that all this is an absurd strategy! I hope that the aftermarket/customer support is not at the same level... but...
I have noticed some bad spare support .... for the DEX410 past year and at this moment the DEX410 is a ghost car everywhere!!!.... sent an email to Durango Team a few days ago but without any reply, normally all "Serious"... brands customer support answer mail in few hours... I hope I'm wrong on all...
Old 06-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by captain america
To be fair, every buggy I've bought came with stock plastic servo horns (except Mugen, which doesn't supply any.) At any rate, the steering horn should pretty much always be replaced with an aluminum unit anyway.

Is the Durango still on track for a July release, or has it been pushed back again?
That is true, but the serpent uses an "L" shaped throttle horn and people are already stripping the plastic one that it comes with..I am also hearing that they do not include an insert for Hitech servo's and that's all I run. I am sure within a week or two there will be aftermarket aluminum servo horns for throttle, but its really the fact that it seems very difficult to use any other clutch/bell/flywheel that has me backing off..I have a ton of 3 shoe and M2C clutch parts that I just cant let go to waste, and I dont want to have to sell it all at 10% of what I paid for it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.