R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #451
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2 View Post
While I can't speak for its handling, that has got to be the BEST looking buggy of all time
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:17 PM   #452
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Man I can't wait to see a review between this buggy and the Serpent. Who comes out on top?
hookem34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:14 PM   #453
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to VWVR6_T
Default bump

Anything new? With the Serpent and Agama out, the durango is loosing interest . Can't wait for this buggy. Bump
QUOTE by FLHX1550 "The Werks B5 is kind of a legend"
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:55 AM   #454
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Are there any Durango Team drivers on this site. Anyone know who to contact in the US for sponsorship possibilities?
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #455
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
Are there any Durango Team drivers on this site. Anyone know who to contact in the US for sponsorship possibilities?
I am not sure if they even have a Team here in the USA, since they just now agreed to USA distribution
Old 05-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #456
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWVR6_T View Post
Anything new? With the Serpent and Agama out, the durango is loosing interest . Can't wait for this buggy. Bump
I'd rather Durango take the time to make things just right than rush the car to market. Regardless of whether they'd be the first or last car released in 2010, when it does come out, it WILL get lots of attention
Old 06-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #457
Tech Addict

Default Looks like the DNX 408 is ready!!!

The weekend of the 1st and 2nd of May saw round three of the German South 1/8th scale buggy championships. This event was held at the track in Sand, the track that will be used for the German nationals this year and for the Euros in 2011.

This championship counts as qualification for entry to the German national championships, so it is attended by some top German racers. 114 racers in total attended this event.

Hupo sent us this report:

I did not change the car from the last race in Bischofsheim, and it felt pretty awesome from the beginning. I did not change the set up of the car the whole race, I just played around with tyres.

I set tq in qualifying and then won my semi-final.

For the final it looked like it might rain so I decided to use M3 compound tyres, which are little slower then M2, but safer in the wet.

At the beginning of the final I made some mistakes, and had to push hard for ten minutes to regain the lead.

In the end I won the final by 2 laps.

Info out of Team Durango WS http://www.team-durango.com/blog/?m=201005 scroll down
Old 06-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #458
Tech Addict

Default 2nd Place

This is the link for a race back in april after neo 2010. http://www.team-durango.com/blog/?m=201004 scroll down

Last edited by VWVR6_T; 06-03-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #459
Tech Master

http://www.team-durango.com/blog/

Hupo dominates with the DNX 408, dated May 14.

Seems like the car can hold its own at the very least.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #460
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Looks like Team Durango want to test and re-test this buggy till they are vey satisfy like every other brand, but according to TD they want to go the extra maile. I apreciate that aptitude, that is great.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:00 PM   #461
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

seems like it has almost every upgrade i have put on my mugen plus some. I see a one piece engine mount, what looks like captured suspension pins, and tunable chasis flex with different compound rubber inserts. and from the looks of it, you will never have to worry about a bent or broken shock tower.

But for some reason i still don't like it. It's almost like they tried to do everything different. Swaybars and shocks are backwards, steering and brakes are lot different. But if there is one thing i love on this car it is the boots on all the bones and spindles. I LOATH cleaning out my rear hubs.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #462
Tech Addict

Same thing happen to a lot of people when losi came out with the 8ight, remember?
Old 06-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #463
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

those 2 things you mention are similar changes on the serpent.... change is not always a good thing... but it seems to be working well on the serpent from what people are saying.. so this buggy when released should be good to go..
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #464
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
seems like it has almost every upgrade i have put on my mugen plus some. I see a one piece engine mount, what looks like captured suspension pins, and tunable chasis flex with different compound rubber inserts. and from the looks of it, you will never have to worry about a bent or broken shock tower.

But for some reason i still don't like it. It's almost like they tried to do everything different. Swaybars and shocks are backwards, steering and brakes are lot different. But if there is one thing i love on this car it is the boots on all the bones and spindles. I LOATH cleaning out my rear hubs.
There is change for change's sake, and change that actually serves a purpose. In my opinion, Durango appear to have embraced the latter.

To illustrate the two extremes, I'll use the Team Magic M1/1B from about 3 years ago. The company had built so much hype over the car that it was literally silly, and while you could see that there were a few good innovations, for the most part, the innovations they touted seemed to be done more for the sake of change than for any gain in performance and as one might expect. The Team Magic M1 faded into obscurity: in with a bang and out with a whimper, as they say.

With Durango, I see a different way of doing things in that while it may appear radically different on the whole, many of the car's features have been implemented (successfully) in one way or another by other teams and proven their value. Durango simply seems to have been the first to harmonize most of these features into a stock package. Regardless, the car seems to be getting favorable results and that's really what matters, isn't it?

And yes, Losi was criticized plenty right before the 8ight came out. "It's too radical" "the car'll be a nightmare to work on cos everything's so squished together" "the handling is too aggressive" "the bearings are too small to handle the load" etc etc.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #465
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Got to see the Durango nitro and electric version at the AMS race this weekend. Both looked near production and very well built and high quality. Looked good on the track too. Light and nimble.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote