R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-06-2010, 06:14 AM   #421
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (83%+)
Send a message via AIM to bustabo

You guys also have to take into consideration that this was the dnx408's FIRST race, these guys were just putting miles on the cars. They were NOT planning on, or expecting to even do as well as they did.

Billy has had his Serpent car to MANY races already and is very comfortable with it, so of course its going to look like a better car.

Give the guys at Team Durango a little more time, and I can promise that the DNX408 is going to be dialed.

Last edited by bustabo; 04-06-2010 at 10:16 PM.
bustabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:13 AM   #422
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Edited: orginal post no longer had point!

Last edited by DaveG28; 04-06-2010 at 08:10 AM.
DaveG28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:43 AM   #423
Tech Regular

post no longer needed.

Last edited by bustabo; 04-06-2010 at 08:14 AM.
bustabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:54 AM   #424
Tech Adept

Bustabo, as I said, my heart says the Durango will be the better car
Flipfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #425
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Some people give cars way too much credit instead of the drivers... I am sure the top guys at that race would have won regardless of what they were driving. It was their day and everything came together for them.

So what the Durango didn't make the A main? Was it the car or the drivers? I say drivers and I am sure as they get used to the car, the results will improve.

Sponsors: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and my wife's bank account.
Edumakated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:11 AM   #426
Tech Regular

Hupo did extremely well, he qualified 2nd in the b 1/4 final with Dani Vega, David Ronnefalk, Bent Thielke, along with Billy Easton who qual'd in the a 1/4 final. I dont know what happened to Hupo in the final, but im sure he could have bumped up just like Billy Easton did.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #427
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to mazzinga

DNX408 Testing @ NEO 2010
Soure: Team Durango

After weeks of anticipation the Durango DNX408 broke cover for its first public outing at the NEO 2010 event.

With the car 95% production ready, only the radio tray was still a prototype part with the production part being just too late to make the event.

With some late nights and early mornings behind the Team Durango crew, Gerd, Hupo, Adam and Mirko made their way to the venue on Thursday ready for the gruelling four day event.

After a brief get-together and check over each other’s cars it was off to Telford for some fast food finery before the important buisness began.

The Event

The hype about the car was massive and within minutes of the cars being on the table in the pitting area, cameras were flashing and questions were being asked about the hottest car in pit lane. With a clean sheet of set-up paper the team worked through some basic set-ups improving the car in each run to quickly narrow down a good starting point. With a base setup to start from each driver then turned to tuning the car to their driving style and the lap times dropped as the drivers got used to their cars. The car’s balance was good from the off and its poise in the air was there for all to see, its durabilty on the tough Neo track was also shown as practice day went by without any issues.

Qualifying went well for the team with Hupo making the 1/4 final, Adam making the 1/8th final, Gerd making the 1/32 final and Mirko making the 1/256 final.

The finals themselves didn’t go to plan. Mirko broke while leading his final after coming down hard on a trackmarking peg, Gerd was unsighted on the rostrum and broke before his final started. Adam, whilst in third place in his 1/4 final, got hit from the side cutting his fuel line and Hupo’s engine ran out of tune in his 1/4 final causing him to retire early.

Despite the bad run of luck in the finals the team were still very happy with the car’s performance throughout the event. With more tuning options like springs, pistons and roll bars to come, the performance level of the car will only get better. The durabilty of the platform over the event was excellent and with the small improvements already logged down to be completed before the next stage of testing the team are confident that the car will be the ‘one to watch’ over the next year.

mazzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:02 AM   #428
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to mazzinga

it seams to be Released in June..
mazzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:08 AM   #429
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 04-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #430
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I wonder if that heat sink on the gas tank is intended as standard equipment? I like most of what I see, but my thoughts are that the battery will be a real PITA to swap-out.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #431
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to VWVR6_T

Anything new about the radio tray? It is finalize? Any more info?
QUOTE by FLHX1550 "The Werks B5 is kind of a legend"
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #432
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I sure hope they finalize a US distribution center before the release! I've been on a list of US dealers waiting for contact about purchasing
I want this buggy bad, and am looking forward to displaying it in the state of Arizona
Old 04-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #433
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I sure hope they finalize a US distribution center before the release! I've been on a list of US dealers waiting for contact about purchasing
I want this buggy bad, and am looking forward to displaying it in the state of Arizona
At having to purchase 600 units and the parts to support them I highly doubt anyone is going to step up to the plate and take a chance on an untested/unproven buggy no matter how good it looks.

It has become the Team Magic buggy all over again. :0/

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:14 AM   #434
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
At having to purchase 600 units and the parts to support them I highly doubt anyone is going to step up to the plate and take a chance on an untested/unproven buggy no matter how good it looks.

It has become the Team Magic buggy all over again. :0/
I offered to become the USA distributor as long as they were willing to give me extended terms. They told me they were in negotiations already with someone else and it should be finalized any day...that was 3 weeks ago..The direct quote from them was that they had "many" USA hobby shops wanting to buy product and they would contact me as soon as the distribution center was finalized..I'm keeping my fingers crossed Jimmy..If I dont hear from them in a couple more weeks I will extend my offer for USA distribution again.

James Allara
Old 04-20-2010, 10:38 AM   #435
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to VWVR6_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I offered to become the USA distributor as long as they were willing to give me extended terms. They told me they were in negotiations already with someone else and it should be finalized any day...that was 3 weeks ago..The direct quote from them was that they had "many" USA hobby shops wanting to buy product and they would contact me as soon as the distribution center was finalized..I'm keeping my fingers crossed Jimmy..If I dont hear from them in a couple more weeks I will extend my offer for USA distribution again.

James Allara
Look like they may have a decision, this what I get from them this morning.

"We will announce who our US partner is very soon!

Thanks for your interest in Team Durango.

Wishing you successful racing,

Team Durango

www.team-durango.com"
QUOTE by FLHX1550 "The Werks B5 is kind of a legend"
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote