Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What is the best running and all around performnce motor on the market now? >

What is the best running and all around performnce motor on the market now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the best running and all around performnce motor on the market now?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Pro 1
Your almost in Mexico how bad can it be? Maybe 50? LOL

lol.......I know that’s what I'm confused about right now because Believe it or not we might hit 26*-28* on this weekend.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by arm2storm
lol.......I know that’s what I'm confused about right now because Believe it or not we might hit 26*-28* on this weekend.
Well they are calling for 14 here but no snow or sleet so it's all good.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It was 33, perhaps 34 here today, almost unbearable!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam-E
It was 33, perhaps 34 here today, almost unbearable!!!
Was that celsius?
Old 01-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
easy boys. The test cell is still waiting for the friendly shootout whenever ones ready..

At EBMods we feel the two words "Dremel" and "Precision" should NEVER be used together when talking about modifying engines, especially for business purposes. Yes, you can make ONE engine fast with a dremel, but how can you ensure you are repeating precision mods with the next engine?

With over 16 years of experience in modding model engines, EB Mods is the “Oldest” and “Original” “Mods” company of the USA. All engine modifications are executed on a Milling machine, and Lathe. Using custom fixtures designed and then machined in-house. This allows the use of precision machines to modify engine parts, Thus enabling EBMods to reproduce the same results, engine after engine. *Precision Machinery is just half the battle though. *We have a full R&D test cell that we test and blueprint every engine that goes into production. *With this blueprint we are able to identify areas that need modification and modify accordingly.

No guess work, just REAL results that come from REAL R&D! **
That all sounds really good but what about the customer service
Old 01-08-2010, 03:40 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
i will say that the taiwan engines are good engines for sure , great high quality engines , no

they are great bang for buck engines but the buyers who really want the crem de la crem of quality nitro engines will buy an italian made engine .

the guy who wants a ferrari or lambo doesnt go buy an acura and say it is the same performance and/or quality
Bad example. I'd take an NSX over MOST Ferraris.

edited carlton , that was absolutely nothing derogatory carlton , sorry you felt that way
Old 01-08-2010, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC Pro 1
Was that celsius?
Haha, yeah celsius!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Bad example. I'd take an NSX over MOST Ferraris.

Even over a F-450? Or 360. Wow!!!personally I like the maseretti quatroporte. To each his own I guess.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by Frank L
Even over a F-450? Or 360. Wow!!!personally I like the maseretti quatroporte. To each his own I guess.
I prefer a car that spends it's time on the road... not in the shop.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Bugatti Veyron FTW.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shane Racer
That all sounds really good but what about the customer service
You were told before you shipped your engines that he may not have time because we're busy with our new engines.. So your engines were shipped back. Sorry we dont have time to work on competitors engines...
Old 01-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Parts Availability with cost ?

In selecting anyone specific engine manufactured engine/engine model, with any one of the many here mentioned choices (so many in the $200 range , plus or minus a few rubbles) first consideration should be REPLACEMENT PARTS AVAILABILITY. No one will disagree that that these little 2 cycle engines are very HIGH MAINTENANCE, that which we run in non perfect environment / condition, with a small percentage exceeding that 5 or 6 gallon longevity mark without requiring "A" replacement part/repair, some sort. We all know the ole saying "Shit Happens" Everyone of us have lost an airfilter durring a race..... no need to say no more. Good luck with your engine choice!

RayAracing
Old 01-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
You were told before you shipped your engines that he may not have time because we're busy with our new engines.. So your engines were shipped back. Sorry we dont have time to work on competitors engines...
That's funny, I never spoke with you and that's not what I was told so please don't belittle me on something you know nothing about. I may play with toy cars but I'm not some little punk and I don't play games.

I'm done. If your not 614-496-3055
Old 01-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Arm2storm

Ok I may not win every race, but I have been winning races since the late 80's. I had a nitro 1/8th scale before they really caught on around 1990, and my main asset in racing is my ability to communicate with other racers, and help those who need it. I just graduated college and haven't had the time or resources to attend the Texas state series races in the last 4 years, but in the last 2 years I've made a real effort to get back into racing, and hopefully will have a cool job in Psychology and have weekends off for a change being a professional counselor. That's what I'm hoping for. I will try to make the San Antonio race, it's one of my favorite tracks. And I raced at N control for a few years when I lived there, Love the people there and the track. I've only been to Garland once and it was a tough track, but fun. I just hate driving so far to race. Currently I live near the Brazoria river track and it's loads of fun, real dirt track with one of the biggest jumps I've ever seen. If you ever feel like coming down we race on friday nights....
Old 01-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Who would have thought that a $300.00 buggy would beat all the $800.00 buggies at the worlds? I guess driving and set up does play a little bit of a part in racing huh I, for one, will stick with the cheaper engines like the B5 and P5 that I know will still handle their own against the $500.00 engines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.