R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #106
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
Novarossi makes the best engines, even for the money, 150 250, 300 bucks. All bases covered....
i will say that the taiwan engines are good engines for sure , great high quality engines , no

they are great bang for buck engines but the buyers who really want the crem de la crem of quality nitro engines will buy an italian made engine .

the guy who wants a ferrari or lambo doesnt go buy an acura and say it is the same performance and/or quality

edited carlton , that was absolutely nothing derogatory carlton , sorry you felt that way
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM

Last edited by houston; 01-07-2010 at 09:31 PM.
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #107
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
i will say that the taiwan engines are good engines for sure , great high quality engines , um no

they are great bang for buck engines but the wise buyers who really want the crem de la crem of quality nitro engines will buy an italian made engine .

the guy who wants a ferrari or lambo doesnt go buy an acura and say it is the same performance and/or quality

this is absolutely nothing personal !!! jimmy , ryan , carlton and all the guys involved at rcpro products are great people just pushy
Monty

We've known each other for awhile and I like to joke as much as the next guy as you know from the races and I'm sure you didn't mean it the way it hit me. Lets just agree to pick our joking a little more carefully? Cool?

Meaning me too!

thanks
Carlton

Last edited by RC Pro 1; 01-07-2010 at 09:43 PM.
RC Pro 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #108
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

First off this is my own opinion of 20+ years in this hobby,I tried pretty much everything out there as far as engines go and wasted a lot of time and money doing it and One thing I learned is That sure some of the newer "taiwanese"engines are fast but just had too many issues with reliability and consistency. I even bought a GO Tech to try out 4 months ago and it was fast! So a week later I bought another one. Then everytime I raced I had an issue, air leaks on the carbs, tuning problems, flame outs, etc.... I wasted 2 months messing with these things and realized there is no replacement for a quality name engine that has been around and is tried and true. I have never had ANY problems with my WERKS or even my Sirio anfd Nova engines ever. They never let me down in a race. And thats what its all about, You cant win if you cant count on your engine to get you past the finish line everytime. I Run Werks B5's now and the never let me down and are smokin fast.. I am done trying anything else just to be let down. I am not bashing any one engine company I just feel thet there is something to be said about the reliability and quality of these "new" companies shooting up lately.

Last edited by heidmann1; 01-07-2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: spelling
heidmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #109
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I really like Novarossi engines but someone is really representing them the wrong Way. (Immaturely & unprofessionally)
arm2storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #110
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm2storm View Post
I really like Novarossi engines but someone is really representing them the wrong Way. (Immaturely & unprofessionally)
if it seems that way i am totally sorry as that is in no way how i meant for it to sound .

everybody can joke but not me geez
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 01-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #111
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Monty's a super nice, helpful guy. In no way would he bash, or put down another company.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #112
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

what a thread
Old 01-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #113
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Some people are sensitive

They can talk tough and be, "pushy", but don't like being pushed back, even if it's done professionally. Oh well. Not a big deal, just remember, Everyone can have an opinion about racing engines. Heck I don't run for anyone and I leave sponsored guys in the dust, have been for many years, but I can agree with Monty, he knows his stuff about rc engines. It's nice to see a guy stand up for a great brand like Novarossi..they are worth defending because they always work all year, at the end of a long 45 min main, without being pinched, bearings replaced, carbs sealed, con rod replaced, It took a long time to get it right, years of research and development, lots of espresso in Italy and work from team drivers around the world. That's the fun part about racing. It's not easy, it takes time and effort. It makes Monty's job easier, and my race day smoother. Taiwan and China are doing great jobs at making lots of things, including engines, but I wouldn't buy one, and I'm not going to recommend one to anyone asking advice, sorry...It's my opinion after racing for many years. No other company has a 150 dollar race engine like Novarossi, No one has made an engine that runs quite like a P5, No one makes power like the FMS, No one makes a smoother engine than the plus4, that's just the way it is....It took a lot of work and attention to detail, so copy away Taiwan, go with what your good at....
Old 01-07-2010, 10:45 PM   #114
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
They can talk tough and be, "pushy", but don't like being pushed back, even if it's done professionally. Oh well. Not a big deal, just remember, Everyone can have an opinion about racing engines. Heck I don't run for anyone and I leave sponsored guys in the dust, have been for many years, but I can agree with Monty, he knows his stuff about rc engines. It's nice to see a guy stand up for a great brand like Novarossi..they are worth defending because they always work all year, at the end of a long 45 min main, without being pinched, bearings replaced, carbs sealed, con rod replaced, It took a long time to get it right, years of research and development, lots of espresso in Italy and work from team drivers around the world. That's the fun part about racing. It's not easy, it takes time and effort. It makes Monty's job easier, and my race day smoother. Taiwan and China are doing great jobs at making lots of things, including engines, but I wouldn't buy one, and I'm not going to recommend one to anyone asking advice, sorry...It's my opinion after racing for many years. No other company has a 150 dollar race engine like Novarossi, No one has made an engine that runs quite like a P5, No one makes power like the FMS, No one makes a smoother engine than the plus4, that's just the way it is....It took a lot of work and attention to detail, so copy away Taiwan, go with what your good at....

Wow!! sounds like your pretty good driver. I'm impressed. Will you be attending these:

Here is the 2010 Schedule:
Round 1: March 13th GulfCoast Raceway, Porter Texas
Round 2: May 15th RC Headquarters, San Antonio Texas
Round 3: July 10th Gears RC Club, Harlingen Texas
Round 4: Sept. 11th Indy RC World, Garland Texas
Finals: Oct. 2nd and 3rd NControl RC, Austin Texas
Old 01-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #115
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
what a thread
whats up ????

you gonna be able to make it to the nitro challenge?

if so call me 503 544 6624
Old 01-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #116
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Wow!! sounds like your pretty good driver. I'm impressed. Will you be attending these:

Here is the 2010 Schedule:
Round 1: March 13th GulfCoast Raceway, Porter Texas
Round 2: May 15th RC Headquarters, San Antonio Texas
Round 3: July 10th Gears RC Club, Harlingen Texas
Round 4: Sept. 11th Indy RC World, Garland Texas
Finals: Oct. 2nd and 3rd NControl RC, Austin Texas
are we all done yet

does going to a certain race or races mean you are the fast guy ????

i have a wife and 2 kids , race when i can , love to build engines and know alot of sh!t about them if i was able to make rc my business that pays the bills i would but that is a big stretch there is not even close to enough engines/parts sold to be able to do that

does that make me slow?? no , i do very well when i have stick time

racing electric lately , weather sucks up here right now hell , i gotta fly to arizona to drive my dam nitro rc cars

happy motorin',
monty

some people are just some people dont ever take anything i say too seriously
Old 01-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #117
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't have much of an opinion. But how does O.S. stand up to these engines? Mainly the speed and ninja?

I have had a vspec and now a ninja. I was disappointed in the longevity of the vspec. Hell, the con rod and P/S are fine but the crank pin is shot. My ninja is on it's second P/S and the crank has no wear. It makes crazy power, and more usable power then the vspec and last much, much longer.

So how does the ninja/speed compare? All i have ever run is O.S. so i want to know what you guys think.

Will be getting a B5 though

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #118
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
are we all done yet

does going to a certain race or races mean you are the fast guy ????

i have a wife and 2 kids , race when i can , love to build engines and know alot of sh!t about them if i was able to make rc my business that pays the bills i would but that is a big stretch there is not even close to enough engines/parts sold to be able to do that

does that make me slow?? no , i do very well when i have stick time

racing electric lately , weather sucks up here right now hell , i gotta fly to arizona to drive my dam nitro rc cars

happy motorin',
monty

some people are just some people dont ever take anything i say too seriously

No, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that I'm attending to all these races and that makes me fast. It's just that since we are in the same State, I wouldn't mind seeing him leave the sponsored guy's in the dust. But for all I know he just may leave them in the dust?

But your right, lets just leave it alone.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:29 PM   #119
Tech Master

Yeah, weather sucks everywhere right now. I guess it's time to get the mini z's out!!lol
Old 01-07-2010, 11:31 PM   #120
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Yeah, weather sucks everywhere right now. I guess it's time to get the mini z's out!!lol
Your almost in Mexico how bad can it be? Maybe 50? LOL