R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-06-2010, 08:35 AM   #76
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Do you perhaps mean Taiwanese? What's your point?

BTW where is your Losi made? Just curious...
Taiwanese ya thanks for the spelling correction. That word isn't in the iphone's vocabulary. Umm - Taiwanese I don't need to say any more. And I bet you are right losi prob made there too or maybe china. Haha. Taiwanese haha
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #77
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Taiwanese ya thanks for the spelling correction. That word isn't in the iphone's vocabulary. Umm - Taiwanese I don't need to say any more. And I bet you are right losi prob made there too or maybe china. Haha. Taiwanese haha
Old 01-06-2010, 09:00 AM   #78
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default + 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D. View Post
Go to the thread and read for your self. Not one bad things that I can see from reading. Plus the motors just rip. The only engines I have mind for this season is the Werks B5 or the Alpha line. I know the Alpha line is good, really good. Honestly I hope that one day we all realize that the majority of things in this industry is over priced and we begin to show it by purchasing lower priced items (like the Alpha motors) and slap the industry in the face and bring it to reality. $500+ for motors is just ridicules when you can do the same with $200. I applaud (and very loudly may I add) to the men responsible for the newer lower priced high performance motors on the market today.

Edit- here is the link to the Alpha motors thread
+ 1

I am intrigued with the reader feedback here on RC TECH both the Taiwanese engines mentioned

RayAracing
TOOLING: http://www.rayaracing.com/prodtooling.htm
RayA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:15 AM   #79
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
+1
+2

(I want to play!)
-Kal-Gard -TnT-Fx -TKO Bearings -Track Star
-Pyrographix Paints -Ballistic Batteries
TRCRacer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #80
Tech Regular

+1 I had use many many taiwan engines like 3x Lrp z.28r spec3 pullstart , 1 Dynamite Platinum 28 truggy and the quality for the money is AWESOME! The engine does not make you better driver...you become better from all the things engine,practice fuel,pitman etc... Now i sold my dynamite because it was so powerfull for my truggy (i rip all the truggies at the race even with os speed engine and my cost 170$) and i buy A Novarossi Plus 4 when i get it i will post my review..

By the way. What do you think about Novarossi Plus4? i read for flame outs ...what i must pay attention?
the_winner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #81
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUD View Post
HA!!! Good one!! Maybe I will
aaron joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #82
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

everybody has the bestest running fastest engines on the planet, till I show up with one of mine that is... !!!!
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #83
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
everybody has the bestest running fastest engines on the planet, till I show up with one of mine that is... !!!!
Please come out to So Cal so we can see them in action.

Alpha's are not the most powerful just the easiest tuning, longest lasting, best mileage engines for the money.

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #84
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default oh yeah...

Your right Brad, the orion alpha, I'm so sorry I bashed the wrong stuff. Please accept my apologies. I want the black one, it's cool looking....
Old 01-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #85
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi
Default Badest production modified engines on the block.. =)

easy boys. The test cell is still waiting for the friendly shootout whenever ones ready..

At EBMods we feel the two words "Dremel" and "Precision" should NEVER be used together when talking about modifying engines, especially for business purposes. Yes, you can make ONE engine fast with a dremel, but how can you ensure you are repeating precision mods with the next engine?

With over 16 years of experience in modding model engines, EB Mods is the “Oldest” and “Original” “Mods” company of the USA. All engine modifications are executed on a Milling machine, and Lathe. Using custom fixtures designed and then machined in-house. This allows the use of precision machines to modify engine parts, Thus enabling EBMods to reproduce the same results, engine after engine. *Precision Machinery is just half the battle though. *We have a full R&D test cell that we test and blueprint every engine that goes into production. *With this blueprint we are able to identify areas that need modification and modify accordingly.

No guess work, just REAL results that come from REAL R&D! **
Old 01-06-2010, 11:25 AM   #86
Tech Addict

Power is over rate! If u can't drive u wont win,but its nice to have.
v6shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #87
Tech Elite

Default I checked it out...

they are both orion engines yes, and how did the original orion engines do? and the crf line, and now the alpha, I hope they made a better choice this time, meanwhile nova engines still rock for the last 25 years....Tough choice, oh should I buy what so and so drives that is a pro driver, or is the distributer? these engines rip, I sell them by the way, here is my e mail....I don't sell anything, or sponsored by anyone, and I tend to like more established brands, not the flash in the pan, but if you say they are great engines, the alpha,you may be right, I haven't used one yet, time will tell...3rd times a charm....
Old 01-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #88
Tech Elite

Quote:
Go to the thread and read for your self. Not one bad things that I can see from reading. Plus the motors just rip. The only engines I have mind for this season is the Werks B5 or the Alpha line. I know the Alpha line is good, really good. Honestly I hope that one day we all realize that the majority of things in this industry is over priced and we begin to show it by purchasing lower priced items (like the Alpha motors) and slap the industry in the face and bring it to reality. $500+ for motors is just ridicules when you can do the same with $200. I applaud (and very loudly may I add) to the men responsible for the newer lower priced high performance motors on the market today.

+ 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayA View Post
+ 1

I am intrigued with the reader feedback here on RC TECH both the Taiwanese engines mentioned

RayAracing

I don't really want to get involved in the whole my engine is better than yours debate as I feel that this question is best answered by the feedback from actual users and results that an engine garners in the hands of drivers. Not by the person representing/importing/manufacturing the engine saying that their stuff is the best performing, lasting, tuning most HP making thing ever made which I have always found questionable to say the least. However I do want to clarify something that I think can easily be misconstrued in your post.

All Werks engines including the B5 engine are made in Italy. We do not manufacture any engines in Taiwan or Asia. Our engines are made at the Lavorazioni Meccaniche S.r.l. factory which is the same company that manufactures engines for a few other companies/brands including Sirio. They are one of the newest, major player in the Italian engine market and as such poses the most modern/high tech manufacturing equipment out of any of them in Italy. I've been there and I've either dealt with or been to most of the Italian motor manufacturers factories in the past so i have first hand knowledge of what I'm saying and this is quite simply the truth.

Our Werks B5 engine is an economical engine because I decided to sell it at an economical price point, that is it. I did this to prove that for one an affordable true racing engine can be made and sold without having to resort to skimping on quality or secondly having to resort to having it made in Asia where I do not believe they are up to the same level of consistency or manufacturing precision as some of the more reputable Italian manufacturers are.

Again, just wanted to clarify things. Now as far as what is the best performing engine available? The answer is simply the one that suits your own individual driving style best. Something that only you can decide...

Regards,

Ron Hopkins
Werks Racing
Werks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #89
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
they are both orion engines yes, and how did the original orion engines do? and the crf line, and now the alpha, I hope they made a better choice this time, meanwhile nova engines still rock for the last 25 years....Tough choice, oh should I buy what so and so drives that is a pro driver, or is the distributer? these engines rip, I sell them by the way, here is my e mail....I don't sell anything, or sponsored by anyone, and I tend to like more established brands, not the flash in the pan, but if you say they are great engines, the alpha,you may be right, I haven't used one yet, time will tell...3rd times a charm....
Orion Alpha is NOT THE SAME as Alpha Plus. Orion is the manufacturer (sort of anyway) of the Orion Alpha... Alpha is the manufacturer of the Alpha Plus line of engines. The Orion engines I believe are NOVA BASED, and those are the ones that you're referring to with problems. Alpha engines are a complete "clean sheet" design from a completely different company.

I don't sell anything, and I'm not sponsored by anyone!

I happen to know several folks running the Alpha engines (NOT the Orion Alpha!) and the results have been very, VERY good so far. Easy to tune, great durability, great fuel mileage, and awesome power. BTW if you run at Indy (and I believe you do, right? At least sometimes...) you also know several folks running them, even if you didn't know it.

When I said "I have one on order" I mean I pre-paid for one from my local hobby shop (Indy) for my personal use. In fact it should be here today, but I probably won't pick it up until next week... I did not mean that I will have one to sell.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #90
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werks View Post
Quote:

+ 1

I don't really want to get involved in the whole my engine is better than yours debate as I feel that this question is best answered by the feedback from actual users and results that an engine garners in the hands of drivers. Not by the person representing/importing/manufacturing the engine saying that their stuff is the best performing, lasting, tuning most HP making thing ever made which I have always found questionable to say the least. However I do want to clarify something that I think can easily be misconstrued in your post.

All Werks engines including the B5 engine are made in Italy. We do not manufacture any engines in Taiwan or Asia. Our engines are made at the Lavorazioni Meccaniche S.r.l. factory which is the same company that manufactures engines for a few other companies/brands including Sirio. They are one of the newest, major player in the Italian engine market and as such poses the most modern/high tech manufacturing equipment out of any of them in Italy. I've been there and I've either dealt with or been to most of the Italian motor manufacturers factories in the past so i have first hand knowledge of what I'm saying and this is quite simply the truth.

Our Werks B5 engine is an economical engine because I decided to sell it at an economical price point, that is it. I did this to prove that for one an affordable true racing engine can be made and sold without having to resort to skimping on quality or secondly having to resort to having it made in Asia where I do not believe they are up to the same level of consistency or manufacturing precision as some of the more reputable Italian manufacturers are.

Again, just wanted to clarify things. Now as far as what is the best performing engine available? The answer is simply the one that suits your own individual driving style best. Something that only you can decide...

Regards,

Ron Hopkins
Werks Racing
VERY VERY VERY well put Ron !!!!

keep up the integrity that doesnt waiver and you will gain in the long run
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote