R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3 4WD??

Hey, I am about to sell my electric rustler(POS)I have had nothing but problems. And am looking at nitro cars, gona get one in 1 to 2 months. The site list the car as Traxxas New 2008 T-Maxx 3.3 4WD Nitro Monster Truck RTR w/Battery & Charger. Link below(also tell me if you think I can get it for a better price from somewhere else.)

Anyways. Is this a good car, and good site? Do I need anything with the car, what are the major problems / issues. Is it good right out of the box, this will be my first nitro car, but I can learn with ease and don't have to give it full throttle right away,lol . I also can't decide b/t the T-Maxx or Jato.

Which is better in your opinion? What are the differences? I am not really a racer, like to just have fun, get a little wet, and light bashing and some crashes like from jumps and stuff. But I usually like to drive the car on my dirt road and in acer back yard with dogs.

http://www.rcplanet.com/Traxxas_New_..._p/tra4908.htm
apoirier594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
Tech Prophet

i would get the revo for bashing and racing its good.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i would get the revo for bashing and racing its good.
yea but how much are those. The only ones i have seen on a site are 09 which are about $525 which I can't really afford.

Anyone else? Please help my questions.

Last edited by apoirier594; 01-03-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
Tech Prophet

oh well i guess the t-maxx then
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #5
Tech Initiate

More answers plaz.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #6
Tech Adept

The tmaxx is a fun truck for playing around in the yard..They're pretty durable for bashing but don't jump that well though.. The 3.3 really moves the truck in a hurry and has great power.. It was my first nitro powered vehicle but got boring bashing around the yard.. If u ever make it out to an offroad Rc track you better be prepared to get hooked.. You will have fun with the tmaxx it's just overwelming for some on engine tuning..follow the tuning instructions/directions in the manual and you will be fine..
Have fun and hope you enjoy
Old 01-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

That is a truck that is worth the fun. They land like a tumbling football cuz you never know what kinda crazy direction they are going to go. That one I believe had the extended chassis witch makes it easier to drive. I would say go for it.
awdcameolsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:10 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default I like it

You can t ake the shocks out to the furtherest setting. Then add the rpm arms and the revo wheel nut kit with the wheels that have the biggest offset and you can bash the hell out of it. The 3.3 pulls it to death but I wish they would go ahead and put a big block kit out for it. Maybe they do I just haven't seen it yet. I personally like it better than the revo but hey everybody is different.;-) I also love the Jato and think that is my favorite so far without any upgrades xcept an xtra set of wheels for off road.
Burlynest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #9
Tech Initiate

ok, thnx everybody. Yea, I have been looking at all kinds of nitro R/C trucks for 1 week, and to me the T-Maxx and Revo seem to be the best. What are the major differences, the Revo also cost about $150 more why? I don't really see any differences. Thank you for all of your replies, the Maxx sounds great so far.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoirier594 View Post
ok, thnx everybody. Yea, I have been looking at all kinds of nitro R/C trucks for 1 week, and to me the T-Maxx and Revo seem to be the best. What are the major differences, the Revo also cost about $150 more why? I don't really see any differences. Thank you for all of your replies, the Maxx sounds great so far.
I've had both trucks. The Tmaxx is basically a back yard starter nitro and it's a little long in the tooth. It's not meant for anything but bashing. It has a short wheel base, it takes skill to jump and land correctly and it doesn't handly power real well unless you like to wheelie.

The revo is a different beast. It's newer technology. It's capable of everything a truggy is capable of except lap times. Truggies will be 2 to 5 seconds faster a lap depending on the driver.

My revo was pretty bullet proof. Besides the occasional stripped spur gear I never had problem with it. The tmaxx was pretty durable also but I noticed if for some reason a bulkhead was broken it would bend the shock shafts almost everytime. I hated that.

Peronally I would go for the revo but it's your choice and your money.
Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote