Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EB Mods JS Racing TX-521R VOX COMP. Motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

so the stock and full mod are both awesome, just different power bands? why not sell them as a buggy and truggy version so people are a bit less confused? the 521r-b and the 521r-t, tada!!

where are pics of these motors?

Last edited by j_blaze14; 01-10-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbright33
ok guys i c alot of you askin between the full mod, race prep, and stock so corect me if im wrong edd or joe. but the guys that are lookin for this motor to put in there truggy should b lookin at the stock or race prep as the full mod motor does produce more top end but the bottom end is more linear and (smooth) might not give the kick you lookin for in the truggy. at least this is what edd explained to me this past summer when i was lookin at the ebm5's for my buggy&truggy. there for iv got a full mod for my buggy and a race prep settin down at edds to pick up monday. also the race prep does include more on other engines as you can c on his webpage but cing that he pretty much developed the motor i think its just a break in process he does but not sure on that so don't quote me on it
the full mod engine will have more overall power and rpm over the stock and race prepped versions. With that being said the full mod will have more linear power band. The full mod engine is prob better suited for buggy, and either one would work great in truck.

Originally Posted by T-spoon
Joe, I pitted for Tracy last night.. Boy was it cold. 27-degrees to be exact at the time of the mains.. He's running the stock version if I'm not mistaken..I saw the question being posted about the stock version, asking if it had enough power to move a truggy.. His motor is still new and throws his 6t around like it's nothing.. Without a doubt this motor is gonna be popular.. We all know anything ED does is second to none...BTW looks like 9-10 min pit stops will be possible
Nice! yes Tracy's has a race prepped engine, and 9mins should be no problem.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default ..

Looking forward to running the JS Engines this upcoming season and also the Lucky7 filters from Joe. Thanks Ed and Joe for the opportunity!
Old 01-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all, i am looking into running the JS stock motors in Australia and was wondering what the best pipe to run is?

Someone said the 086 works well so i checked them out and found the dynamite 086 which looks the goods but dose not seam to have an EFRA number on it so as far as i know it is illegal to run here in Australia!?

Wat are some of the other pipes that work with this motor?

Also head shims? Do i need to re-shim for 30% nitro? (might be some good ones for Ed Bridges to answer)

Thank you in advance....
Old 01-14-2010, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

Also wat is the bearing size on this motor?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ryWA
Hi all, i am looking into running the JS stock motors in Australia and was wondering what the best pipe to run is?

Someone said the 086 works well so i checked them out and found the dynamite 086 which looks the goods but dose not seam to have an EFRA number on it so as far as i know it is illegal to run here in Australia!?

Wat are some of the other pipes that work with this motor?

Also head shims? Do i need to re-shim for 30% nitro? (might be some good ones for Ed Bridges to answer)

Thank you in advance....
These pipes has EFRA numbers:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...pe-No-Manifold

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ort-w-Manifold
Old 01-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The engines are shimmed for 30%. To get the best out of the engine the 086 is best and a P4 plug.

Bearings are 7x19x6 front and 14x25.4x6 rear

Engines are in stock at TKO.

http://tkocompetitiondev.com/product...roducts_id=422
Old 01-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Peter Martin
The engines are shimmed for 30%. To get the best out of the engine the 086 is best and a P4 plug.

Bearings are 7x19x6 front and 14x25.4x6 rear

Engines are in stock at TKO.

http://tkocompetitiondev.com/product...roducts_id=422
yes the EBMods JS engines come shimmed for 30%. I can't speak for the Aussie JS line.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
the full mod engine will have more overall power and rpm over the stock and race prepped versions. With that being said the full mod will have more linear power band. The full mod engine is prob better suited for buggy, and either one would work great in truck.

Nice! yes Tracy's has a race prepped engine, and 9mins should be no problem.
Why would you put a higher performance engine / more power in a smaller kit (buggy) are you referencing torque between these two? I presuming the stock version has more bottom end for a truggy?
Old 01-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Why would you put a higher performance engine / more power in a smaller kit (buggy) are you referencing torque between these two? I presuming the stock version has more bottom end for a truggy?
No. the modified engine has MORE power, but the powerband is smoother then the stocker. The FM is more linear..
Old 01-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Garrett McKamie
Looking forward to running the JS Engines this upcoming season and also the Lucky7 filters from Joe. Thanks Ed and Joe for the opportunity!
Congrats Garrett!!! Which buggy are you running these days?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default ..

Thanks Ben! Im ordering a buggy in the next week or two. Im not sure what I am getting yet though. Are you coming to the Psycho Nitro Blast?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Thanks Ben! Im ordering a buggy in the next week or two. Im not sure what I am getting yet though. Are you coming to the Psycho Nitro Blast?
Dont worry Ben i am suppossed to be is bro and he wont even tell me lol. and Garrett will make a great showing for the motors he is very fast.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yea I think im going to make it down there,my woman has family down there we can stay with so it would be cheap on us.As fare as a new buggy goes I would look at the mbx6 or xb808.I still run the xb808 but if I ever change, it would only be the mbx6 for sure.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default ...

Yea that race is gonna be awesome. Im just going to buy a buggy from Dion. The Mugen does look good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.