Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting prepared for big event..

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default Getting prepared for big event..

I'm going to try to make it to a big race at the end of January and im wanting to get prepared for it. what things would you guys suggest to do and what to take to the race to be prepared as much as possible. this will be my first "big event" race and want to try to do as well as possible.
thanks for any tips!
Old 12-31-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
I'm going to try to make it to a big race at the end of January and im wanting to get prepared for it. what things would you guys suggest to do and what to take to the race to be prepared as much as possible. this will be my first "big event" race and want to try to do as well as possible.
thanks for any tips!
parts , tires , spare servos , spare motor , heater , easy up , chairs , cooler , extension cords ....i mean the list could be endless ...i know we got caught off gaurd at the inaugural psycho nitro blast ..it was cold ...luckily we had a twin head propane heater and tank ..you hvae never seen that many people huddled around a heater in your life ..truth is you dont need much more than you take to a club race ..or well i dont ...i have tired to compact down all my stuff as small as possible for ease of travel ..and loading and unloading ....if there is a onsite hobby shop that helps as well ...and put a solid car on the track ...hope that helps
Old 12-31-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
thanks for any tips!
Judging by your location and the time of the race you are going to I'm assuming it's the CRCRC Nitro Champs?
For that race I would be prepared to have:
-Cars completely gone through and ready to go before you get there.
-Tires that you know will work. (I will be running AKA SS Gridirons most likely)
-As many spares of parts as you can bring as well as electronics and engines if you have them. (never hurts to have to much)
-Also for CRCRC you have to be prepared for the cold. Dress warm so your not shaking on the driverstand. It can be cold in the building (enough to see your breath)
-Possibly even bring a painters mask just in case. (you won't be the only one wearing one) (mainly for marshaling because of the dirt and fumes)

Also if you can find someone you can share pit duties with it will help when you want to go practice to share the duties with someone else!

Most of all plan on having fun! If you have any questions when your there and I can be of any assistance please feel free to ask.

-Ryan Lutz
Old 12-31-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zixxer
parts , tires , spare servos , spare motor , heater , easy up , chairs , cooler , extension cords ....i mean the list could be endless ...i know we got caught off gaurd at the inaugural psycho nitro blast ..it was cold ...luckily we had a twin head propane heater and tank ..you hvae never seen that many people huddled around a heater in your life ..truth is you dont need much more than you take to a club race ..or well i dont ...i have tired to compact down all my stuff as small as possible for ease of travel ..and loading and unloading ....if there is a onsite hobby shop that helps as well ...and put a solid car on the track ...hope that helps
+1
Old 12-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by TRCRacer24
Judging by your location and the time of the race you are going to I'm assuming it's the CRCRC Nitro Champs?
For that race I would be prepared to have:
-Cars completely gone through and ready to go before you get there.
-Tires that you know will work. (I will be running AKA SS Gridirons most likely)
-As many spares of parts as you can bring as well as electronics and engines if you have them. (never hurts to have to much)
-Also for CRCRC you have to be prepared for the cold. Dress warm so your not shaking on the driverstand. It can be cold in the building (enough to see your breath)
-Possibly even bring a painters mask just in case. (you won't be the only one wearing one) (mainly for marshaling because of the dirt and fumes)

Also if you can find someone you can share pit duties with it will help when you want to go practice to share the duties with someone else!

Most of all plan on having fun! If you have any questions when your there and I can be of any assistance please feel free to ask.

-Ryan Lutz
yeup that would be the race! thanks. ill have to come meet you.

does anyone know if j concepts sevens blue compound would be a good tire to run there?

Last edited by Quad Racer 34; 12-31-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

sevens are going to hook up well im not sure for how long though 300+ cars on a track for four days takes its toll, just perpare for the race to the best of your ability. and HAVE FUN at the track...

some tires to look at based off of past years
the compound will very over the cource of the week

LOSI pink Tapers
JConcepts Sevens
Hotbodies Megabites..
Proline Inside Jobs
Panther Rapters
Losi King pins

best of luck.

Cody Hogle