R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-31-2009, 04:14 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Racecrafter;6789053
We have found a way to "soften" the insert without changing the long lasting compound and no longer have to run them 2-3 times to break them in.
[/QUOTE]

A softer compound cant be used to achieve this?
Old 12-31-2009, 04:19 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
not with this type of foam, from what i have read.
tallyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:25 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
No. All "softer" compounds that we have worked with break down too quickly and won't last as long as the current inserts.

Gil and Mark have worked many months with Tebo, Lutz and a handful of local fast guys to achieve the best all around rib structure, number of ribs and gap in between.

You won't be disappointed.

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:31 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Tis why I run the Hot Bodies tires and wheels. Good stuff....
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:33 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

it will be next year before proline catches up on aka ..they just put a product out at just the right time

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:15 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
cant...aka's dont have the ribs cut out...therefor the tire's will be riding on top of the foam and there will be a gap.....id prefer the carcass of the tire to sit on/in the foam.
That would be true if AKA's had the thick heavy ribs that the Proline tires have...AKA's have very thin "webbing" and a very minimal air gap if any at all.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:03 PM   #22
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
Future AKA foams will have ribs.

However it's not so they will fit Proline tires.

We have found a way to "soften" the insert without changing the long lasting compound and no longer have to run them 2-3 times to break them in.

Still the best insert in the industry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
No. All "softer" compounds that we have worked with break down too quickly and won't last as long as the current inserts.

Gil and Mark have worked many months with Tebo, Lutz and a handful of local fast guys to achieve the best all around rib structure, number of ribs and gap in between.

You won't be disappointed.
Awesome....I look forward to the Next gen AKA stuff.....Prop's to you guys for such an Awesome product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrace View Post
That would be true if AKA's had the thick heavy ribs that the Proline tires have...AKA's have very thin "webbing" and a very minimal air gap if any at all.

you thinkin the wrong way around....he asked if you can use AKA foams on Proline tire's which Will leave a void...not the other way around.

AKA there's nothing on the inside as far as i know....which is why the foam is also smooth with no cut outs.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:30 PM   #23
Tech Lord

So ive come to the conclusion that i got 3 small Foams....not 1 big one.

Did some comparing to AKA and standard panter foams and the 3 small prolines sure are snug on the rim but dont fill the tire worth a bean.

yet the larger one's are somewhat loose and dont feel right without a tire on....so i dunno...i can only hope they got the V2's dialed as i think im done with V1's.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 12-31-2009, 08:05 PM   #24
Tech Addict

i know were talkoing about foams but i run my stock tires on my z car and it has a really got tread patter but i was wondering if some hole shots frome proline would be better and do they make that big of a diffrence
slasher man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:26 PM   #25
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher man View Post
i know were talkoing about foams but i run my stock tires on my z car and it has a really got tread patter but i was wondering if some hole shots frome proline would be better and do they make that big of a diffrence
All depends on what conditions were when you were running. The track surface I am talking about.
JBURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:13 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Thanks for the insight Nick. I just checked my new pack of blue closed cell foams, I have two that are longer than the other two. I have the black EVO V2 also, they look like they are all the same size when I flatten them out. That ended my decision of which inserts to try this weekend.
aaron joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:18 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBURCH View Post
All depends on what conditions were when you were running. The track surface I am talking about.
dusty dirt
slasher man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #28
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron joy View Post
Thanks for the insight Nick. I just checked my new pack of blue closed cell foams, I have two that are longer than the other two. I have the black EVO V2 also, they look like they are all the same size when I flatten them out. That ended my decision of which inserts to try this weekend.

LOL so i know its not an isolated issues now.....URG....COMMON PROLINE......GET WITH THE PROGRAM here.

i guess i should ask for a set of V2's is what your saying.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:48 AM   #29
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Ecently did a comparision from a soft losi foam to the aka foam to see if it was worth the $$. I used the exact same tires and rims and only changed the foam. The results were pretty drastic to my suprise. The wheels with the aka foam felt much better on the track, more stable and more hooked up. Since then that's the only foam I use. I haven't tried the proline foam (aka knock off) but I bet it would be the same.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
The results were pretty drastic to my suprise. The wheels with the aka foam felt much better on the track, more stable and more hooked up. Since then that's the only foam I use. I haven't tried the proline foam (aka knock off) but I bet it would be the same.
So no lap time comparisons? Just by feel?