Old 01-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRArena View Post

Running-in

Fix the engine on the model and run it at low rpm for at least 30 minutes

Wisely Control

Accelerating the engine, let the pipe noise as quiet as possible to avoid skidding to the model. Sharp acceleration causes the balls of bearing skidding against their sliding guide and consequent wear.
Tiwaneese junk is what I think. I'll stick with my japaneese junk. Hehehe.

The Balls Of Bearing. That's some funny stuff there.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

it is funny ...sometime's it does not translate over well when u use a program to do it for u... ive seen alot funnier

i guess im not good enough to spend $400+ on a motor
RCP Customs
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

LOL GO engines where i race have a realy bad rep, as i we have seen so many fail for various reasons, when Alpha popped up, someone said as a joke that it would be funny if they were a GO knock off!!!!! S%*t they are hope these manufacturers improve the designs if they are going to copy them.
Xray XB4, Nosram, Proline.
TLR22,TLR22T Model Flight.
RX313BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhess View Post
it is funny ...sometime's it does not translate over well when u use a program to do it for u... ive seen alot funnier

i guess im not good enough to spend $400+ on a motor
Dont worry Im not either, I just pretend.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:08 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default PR21BS

PR do 2 different 5 ports and a 3 port at the moment. I got my PR21BS in Sept 09. They are a ripper little motor and quite competative. It is true a lot of the parts are made by Go but to PR's spec. Mine has about 6 gallons on it now and its fantastic. The break in process is not as hard as it used to be with the Gen 4 Go's. The metal appears to be different and the piston and sleeves are matched by hand. The crank is balanced and Silica filled/stuffed or what ever you like to call it, it runs ceramic bearings and has quite different port timing to the Go motors. Power delivery wise, it still has strong but not as vicious a bottom end, and hugely improved Mid and High end. Typically I get roughly 9 - 11 minute run times dependant on weather and pipe combo I run, I usually aim for 9 with the stock 8mm restrictor in the carb.

These guys are doing there research and working hard at building a great motor. As mine was essentially a final preproduction motor, they discovered they had an issue with the needles in the carb expanding a bit which meant you had to tune rich when cold and it would lean off once it warmed up. They however change the needle with a new metal and longer LSN and this has fixed the issue, this was caught before they went to full production. I have and use the new needles, its great now.

They are a very worth while motor to have a look at particularly as you get similar performance out of these as a lot of higher price engines. For about the $250 - $300 mark, you really can't go wrong. If you get a chance, give them a try. If you want to get really carried away, pop a V-Spec carb in it (did that whilst waiting for needles to arrive), lots of fun then and easier to get the magic 10 minute mark consistantly. I am still experimenting with mine to see what I can make it do.

I do recommend a PR/APlus 0801 pipe or possibly the good old 2047 with it.
Mauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

these have been on ebay for some time type in PR engine
Old 01-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX313BT View Post
LOL GO engines where i race have a realy bad rep, as i we have seen so many fail for various reasons, when Alpha popped up, someone said as a joke that it would be funny if they were a GO knock off!!!!! S%*t they are hope these manufacturers improve the designs if they are going to copy them.

I know a lot of people who have tried the Go engines I even bought a couple and they were nothing but trouble. But I have heard some good luck. BUt as far a I have heard and with my personal experience its about 50% good luck and 50% bas luck .......I agree I hope these new copy cats improve them a bit...............Go, alpha,Precipro(&^)^$ whatever and Im not sure but looks like the new eb mods as well.. At least the carb looks like it.
heidmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:22 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Come on, everyone knows these engines are all linked together, just like the V-Spec, OS Speed and Ninja.

I'm just jealous of your Ninja scott It would power my 6T quite nicely...
Mauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I got to see the 3 port in action over the weekend at the indoor gas champs and I was really impressed with it. It sounded very raspy and responsive with the stock pipe. I know it was in a buggy and it was going near 10-11 mins on a tank temping 220 ish. The internals look great for a Taiwanese engine! I wouldn't care to try one of the 5ports myself!
Jonathan Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

never had a p5 but the "mario rossi" designed taiwan motors i run are awesome. i guess if mario rossi designed 1 motor, and you copy the design it was designed by him.
AKA, Proline, Hotbodies Rubber
Elite Performance - HORRC.com
j_blaze14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #26
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

im glad i rolled the dice and picked it up!!! that thing ran flawless all weekend i just had alot of electrical issues that kept me from finishing. this thing will go 10+ easy with the 8mm restrictor in it, and it was all useable power, very smooth while responsive. when they were doing 5 minute practice sessions it would come off with over half a tank even after sitting on the box warming up! and the best part is there is still a little more power left to bring out in it!