R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default Werks racing tires...

anyone try the werkz racing "stubs" in super soft? I thought about trying them out for shiz and grins..they will be fore indoor clay track normaly run switchs,raptors,holeshots....just wanted to try something different.
Owner of Midwest Rc Tour
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
anyone try the werkz racing "stubs" in super soft? I thought about trying them out for shiz and grins..they will be fore indoor clay track normaly run switchs,raptors,holeshots....just wanted to try something different.

Go for it....i got a set of them for marshaling for Chad Bradley a year or 2 ago....have yet to run them.....maybe some day.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

LOL..well amain had them in the clearance items...15.00 for (2) mounted so I bought a set of them...whats 40.00 with shipping...maybe I will like them if not throw them in a zip lock bag and add them to my other 30 sets lol
Owner of Midwest Rc Tour
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:10 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ive used the Lugs and Stubs tread patterns, and liked them both. I havent ran them in a while, but they seemed to last as long as other brands in comparable compounds. The Lugs worked everywhere a crimefighter worked, but they seemed to be a little more forgiving, allowing me to drive harder into the corners even when the corner was rutted up. The Stubs seemed to be a little loose on the tracks I race at, but were better than Holeshots or Inside Jobs...lasted way longer too.

$15-$16 for pre-mounts is a steal...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...30&filter_cat=
Old 12-31-2009, 12:23 AM   #5
Tech Elite

dont think they'll work indoor but they sure will outside! looks like crimes and holeshots and at a good price look at track temps in picking what compound tire to run. proline is even putting a guide on the back of their new packages to help select the correct compound. didnt think i would ever run xtr's again but josh wheeler and i were at lh when the track surface was hot and they were hooked!.
indoor is just some weird chit! sat night electric at lh the pink taper pins work and the panthers not so much.
on sunday,nitro the panthers are great and i dont care for the soft tires like the pink taper pins.?