R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-30-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default picco .26

i have a old ofna picco .26 big block with the purple head. I don't think they make it anymore. It's a pretty old one, and it threw a rod. The crank, case, carb and everything else is ok. I want to get a new P/S and rod.

So basically i am rebuilding it. I found some parts online, but some say .26 force and has a blue head. I found one that is .26 picco. Will theese work in my motor?

It was a motor given to me from a friend and is pretty old. anywhere from 5 to 10 years. Same company, same style.

And it would only cost me about 80$ for a rebuild. And let me tell you, this motor is one bad mofo. It's too much for my buggy so i plan on putting it in my truggy that i will be building.

Opinions please?

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would call nitro house, I got my picco from there a few years ago and it still runs great.
jet flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
i have a old ofna picco .26 big block with the purple head. I don't think they make it anymore. It's a pretty old one, and it threw a rod. The crank, case, carb and everything else is ok. I want to get a new P/S and rod.

So basically i am rebuilding it. I found some parts online, but some say .26 force and has a blue head. I found one that is .26 picco. Will theese work in my motor?

It was a motor given to me from a friend and is pretty old. anywhere from 5 to 10 years. Same company, same style.

And it would only cost me about 80$ for a rebuild. And let me tell you, this motor is one bad mofo. It's too much for my buggy so i plan on putting it in my truggy that i will be building.

Opinions please?

If I recall correctly OFNA makes three different .26 motor = .26 max, .26 red dot and .26 force.

The motor your describing is a .26 force different from the max and red dot the case is different making the rod different (Not Sure) but Parts are available. Ofna, Nitro House, ebay
Old 12-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
Tech Elite

this is excactly the engine i am talking about
http://d214892.u44.digipark.com/item...OFNAPICCO26NPS

Mugen
Old 12-30-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
Tech Elite

this is the one i want to rebuild.

Mugen
Old 12-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
Tech Elite

bump

Mugen
Old 12-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

i say use acer ceramics
and get one of those repinch clamps from ebay that should last a while.
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:51 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
i say use acer ceramics
nah, thats not the problem. It threw a rod a while back. Bearings, and crank are fine. It needs a new P/S and rod. I just want to make sure that i buy the right parts for this engine.

they have red dot, max, and force. The engine i have shown here is over five years old. I want to make sure i get the right parts.

Mugen
Old 12-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #9
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
this is excactly the engine i am talking about
http://d214892.u44.digipark.com/item...OFNAPICCO26NPS
http://www.ofna.com/parts-search.php

call them
Old 12-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #10
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

$ for $ i can tell you right now your better off scraping it and getting something new....Picco's are cheap enough to not justify rebuilding...your gonna get quotes 150$+ for a new P+S i can almost guarantee that....Junk it Dreaux and save the headache for another day.

I STAND corrected....Dreaux your right its only 70$ for the P+S.....One of Very few Ofna/jammin motor's that Might be worth it.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -

Last edited by Integra; 12-30-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #11
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Why wouldnt you contact Ofna for the parts instead of trying to get a maybe list from here
JBURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #12
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
i say use acer ceramics

curious have you ever used one of those clamps ? If not why would you think they would be an alternative to a proper pinching machine that's in the range of 600$+ ?

Some machines are 100,000.00$+ and are used for pinching but you think a 12$ tool will cut it for your reasonable expensive P+S ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #13
Tech Adept

once to see if it worked i used a hose clamp to repinch my trx2.5 i seemed to last about another 3/4 gallon
team jeremiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
curious have you ever used one of those clamps ? If not why would you think they would be an alternative to a proper pinching machine that's in the range of 600$+ ?

Some machines are 100,000.00$+ and are used for pinching but you think a 12$ tool will cut it for your reasonable expensive P+S ?
integra i was being a smartazz because he said tko bearings are sheet.

Quote:
there is no way tko's are the best.
just some of the things he says i was just poking fun at him, if he cant take it then i am sorry LOL!
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Quote:
integra, it was a extenuation of my eternal gratitude of such a sagacious, omniscient man. Matter of fact, DREAUX is not merely a man. He transcends greatness!!!!

just some of the things he says are absolute and inrefutable. I don't mean to be erroneous, i just can't help it. My parents should have never been allowed to breed. It's all thier fault

Why thank you kind sir! Such a gentlemen you are

Mugen