R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-30-2009, 07:35 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Hitec 7940th servo

I need some feedback. I just switched from futaba to hitec, There was nothing wrong with the futaba servos, I just wanted more powerful servos that could run direct lipo.

Anyways, I had a bls451 on throttle, I loved it, Now I have the 7940th, and its taking a bit to get used to, To me the servo seems sluggish. I have a losi
8ight 2.0, and run a speed for a motor, The throttle throw(epa) is set at 20% forward on my 3pk, and brake at 50%. It seems like the inital punch is alot, as the servo seems to move alot as soon as you give it any throttle. Is this due to the resolution setting being default high from the factory? The 451 in my opinion is the best throttle servo on the market, hands down, I was hoping hitec would up the antie, I think they did, but even with the expo at
-100, it is still overwhelming to drive.

Does anyone have a programmer, and has anyone out there run into the same issue, and turned the resolution down....Results?

I dont notice it as much on my truggy, cause honestly you can grab full throttle all the time, but I notice a difference there as well.

Ideas?
4x4 SC10 tekin 4600kv rx8 Sc10 Tekin R5 8.5, B4.1 Tekin R5 8.5 Sikk LidZ(MANGOOOO!)
Team Driver: Team Associated, Proline, Pro-Match, XPS, Morgan Fuels, Tekin Electronics
xxxtcr is offline   Reply With Quote