Wiki Posts
Search

questions about my first race

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default questions about my first race

Anything you guys think i should know or tips would be great! One thing i didn't know is about your pit man, what do i do if i don't have one? is it pretty much impossible if you don't or can you find someone at the track usually to help you out?
Old 12-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

you should be able to find a pit man they are usually some pretty cool guys that dont mind helping you out and just stay calm and try not to over drive your car and most important have fun.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dont expect to win everytime, I used my first months of racing as a learning curve. Then I expected to be competitive but the main thing is socialize at the track and have fun
Old 12-27-2009, 05:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

have a look at this -> http://www.myrcbox.com/?p=1577

This may help you
Old 12-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

excellent, i can't wait to get down there and try it out. should be lots of fun
Old 12-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Totally agree. You will not be the only person looking for a pitman. I've never been to a race and not found someone. Sometimes we'll pit 2 cars if necessary. Just be friendly and do a good job turn marshalling and you will make new friends. Of course look for someone in a different class. Don't be shy, ask around. Watch what works for tires on other people's rigs. tires are the most important tuning factor. Remember slow is fast, no need to run wide ass open, very rare that you do in racing. Mostly 1/4 to 1/2 throttle is all you need. You can dial back your end point on the throttle so the carb only opens 3/4's of the way at most. Retune it from there, you'll gain some runtime with no real loss of power. It will tame the car a little too.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

great article there, i plan on using my first few races as a learning curve anyway i just want to be as prepared as i can be
Old 12-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I thing i can suggest that will help Leaps and Bounds....Make friends with some of the faster guys....if there nice one of them will take you under his wing and teach you the rope's...ive done it to a couple guys and they have been more then thankful for it....the learning curve can be pretty steep for a new guy jumping in feet first with no other Rc buddy's or experienced guys for help....and Don't be afraid to ask question's.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yes, the most important is to have fun and make friends..... And finish your main !
Old 12-28-2009, 02:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sylvain
Yes, the most important is to have fun and make friends..... And finish your main !
Took five tries befor I did but man did I smile.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:46 AM
Tech Lord

It is wise not to stop somewhere on the track when you want someone to take over you, just drive your car and choose a corner where you can go wide. Stopping on a track is killing for you and for others.
If you know who is driving behind you and he is standing next to you just tell him when and where you make a gap for him. And always make room for faster drivers, even when you fight with him for a place, fighting will slow you down while driving in the back of the other you have control of his driving and so you can force him to make mistakes.

Stay calm, when getting angry about accidents and bad pitting you will not help yourself concentrating on the driving.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

make friends thats all ,i do love helping new guys(beginners) out ...honestly after the race & practice day they ask me if i like to drink beer & i said of course thats what make me a good driver lol ,so we drink along & have fun.........the pitman should know the job just make sure the important tools & parts are on the caddy hope it helps
Old 12-28-2009, 06:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Preston777 check your pm.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
I thing i can suggest that will help Leaps and Bounds....Make friends with some of the faster guys....if there nice one of them will take you under his wing and teach you the rope's...ive done it to a couple guys and they have been more then thankful for it....the learning curve can be pretty steep for a new guy jumping in feet first with no other Rc buddy's or experienced guys for help....and Don't be afraid to ask question's.
this is probably the best advice I have seen bar none
thanks Frank,Doogie,Darrin and the list goes on.
make friends O and have fun
Old 12-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
+1

also - literally everyone is looking for a pitman - so also make friends with a guy in "another class," maybe another newbie that's in the same boat as you, and offer to play pitman for him if he does so for you. it's a trade-off

and don't spend your time on the track racing, and trying to race other people, and instead "learning to drive". you have to walk before you can run, and at this point you're just crawling.

have fun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.