Old 12-30-2009, 01:06 AM   #46
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyb View Post
slow is fast
Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast
Old 12-30-2009, 03:32 AM   #47
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdude View Post
this is not the first thread in which you've been asked about this.
is English your second language, and not what you grew up speaking?
if so, the problem people are having is that what you are writing looks like nonsense or written by an illiterate person. perhaps it best if you stop posting until you've completed some more English classes or have furthered your education so people know what you're talking about.
or just try harder.
Ok guys... enough of this. Yes, his posts can be somewhat... challenging to read. Lighten up.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #48
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Practice like you stole it!!!!

Alan Burton, What up dude? I am just getting back to racing up here in IL it has been 2 years. I hope to make it down to one of the big races in ATL or Bama.

Ok, I was always fairly fast and could make A-mains at some good regional races down south but never a top 3-4 guy. Here a few things that helped me turn the corner a few years ago and gain a lot of speed and consistantly one of faster guys at the good regional races.

1. Adjust your car to be extremely aggressive with much more rear break, you want your car to really get into corners and be able to slide the rear end if you want. No car is fast pushing its front end around the track I don't care what kind of racing it is.
2. When you practice drive your car like you stole it!! Throw it into the corners, whip the rear end around, practice way out of your comfort zone. You have to push the limits of your skill and the car, the car is capable its wether you can keep up. Pretty soon you will be keeping up and turning much fast laps.
3. Once you get into qualifying or a Main just back off a little, now you will feel like your are cruising, but turning some very fast laps.
markmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Nice man

Good stuff, practice fast, then back it off a notch to be consistent.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #50
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Get a 1/10 Electric truck with a TON of power and Practice with it and you will get faster with w 1/8 buggy. Just look at all the Guys driving Pro 1/8 to day most of them started with 1/10 Nitro truck are Electric truck. I had a X Pro guy tell me to do this and i did and it has Moved me from a guy that finished in the top 5 to a guy that finished in the top 2 in a Most of are club races in 1/8 buggy.
Rc Pro ProDucts Team Driver www.rcproproducts.com
Hobby Pro USA Team Driver www.vp-pro-usa.com
thenova70ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:10 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenova70ss View Post
Get a 1/10 Electric truck with a TON of power and Practice with it and you will get faster with w 1/8 buggy. Just look at all the Guys driving Pro 1/8 to day most of them started with 1/10 Nitro truck are Electric truck. I had a X Pro guy tell me to do this and i did and it has Moved me from a guy that finished in the top 5 to a guy that finished in the top 2 in a Most of are club races in 1/8 buggy.
yea i was told the same thing at a indoor mini track last night. so im giving the 2wd's a try to try to get better for the outdoor season coming up.
my first race with my buggy i was really nervous. but i tried to relax and somehow drove my most consistent race ever and actually won. it was awesome. just take your time be patient and try to stay as consistent as possible. works for me.

Serpent - Desoto Racing - Picco - AKA - Hitec - RC Addictions Products - Tekin - VRP - Avid RC - SMC - MIP - SkipGear - The Ohio RC Factory
Quad Racer 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #52
Tech Prophet

well yea (2wd gas truck does make you drive a 1/8 buggy) better in throttle wise.
the only problem i had was when (i, started to drive a 1/8 buggy) i kept on (driving it like a 2wd for a while) , cause i was so used to (driving a 2wd) and i just finally got it in my head, that im (driving a 4wd so i can drive it harder.)
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:58 PM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

“Anyone who says slow is fast is an idiot, slow is slow, smooth is fast” - anonymous onroad driver.
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #54
Tech Prophet

yea thats onroad your talking about not offroad its diffrent, i used to do onroad electric too.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy View Post
“Anyone who says slow is fast is an idiot, slow is slow, smooth is fast” - anonymous onroad driver.
I guess im an idiot becouse slower is faster if you go wide open around the track you wont make the turn but if you slow down and learn the track and the lines you can go faster and push your car harder in return become smoother so faster is slower its like going to a new track you wouldnt drive it like your home track you learn the track and the lines first how well lets see by going slower,but this is just and idiots point of veiw.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:11 PM   #56
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
I guess im an idiot becouse slower is faster if you go wide open around the track you wont make the turn but if you slow down and learn the track and the lines you can go faster and push your car harder in return become smoother so faster is slower its like going to a new track you wouldnt drive it like your home track you learn the track and the lines first how well lets see by going slower,but this is just and idiots point of veiw.

hes a onroad driver he wouldnt understand lol.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:47 AM   #57
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Ok guys... enough of this. Yes, his posts can be somewhat... challenging to read. Lighten up.
yes mom
justanotherdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:49 AM   #58
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy View Post
who said that, some H-Main backmarker?
justanotherdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:22 AM   #59
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Slow down and don't crash. I saw a guy win a 30 min main by going slow and steady around the whole track. It was a large track and he rolled every jump and never got the thing out of park ad far as I was concerned but h never crashed and took 1st place that main. It was an intermediate race. That would not fly in the expert level. Biggest thng is spend some time at practice and find out what your car is not doing and then make small changes takE a few laps and then make more changes.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:28 AM   #60
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default something to try

I agree with all you guys about being smooth and not wrecking is the key, but practice way out of comfort zone and you will create a new comfort zone that will be faster. Here is something to try for a qualifier sometime and see what happens. I stumbled on this a few years ago at the Farm 2 (where the worlds was) 45+ second lap times and it just proves the cars are capable of so much more if you let them work.

Run a qualifier with no brakes, I had to fix something and did not have a chance to dial in brakes with radio setting and epa. I ran the qualifier and went 1.5-2 seconds a lap faster. I had to focus that much more on my lines and using throttle to control car. I think this is a great practice session or a way to set up a car for a newb, teaches them to pay attention to lines, not to over drive into corners, and how to let off gas on jump faces to level car out. Try it sometime.
markmo is offline   Reply With Quote