R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-29-2009, 05:05 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Lightbulb Bajaboy5b what to get

I don't really know what to get for my birthday i want something nitro heres what i am thinking.

LST XXL

8ight T 2.0 race roller

savage X

HPI SC
or what ever you think that is very strong.

Thank you.

Bajaboy5b

Last edited by bajaboy5b; 01-05-2010 at 05:22 AM.
bajaboy5b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:14 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Racing or bashing? Or both?

If racing, or both... the ONLY choice (of those) is the 8ight-T.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:26 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

out of those definitely the 8ight t 2.0 roller. but there are more choices out there. the team associated rc8t rtr and all the other rc8t packages. are you wanting to get a kit so you can build it up to your personal specs or would like you to get a ready to run truck?

Serpent - Desoto Racing - Picco - AKA - Hitec - RC Addictions Products - Tekin - VRP - Avid RC - SMC - MIP - SkipGear - The Ohio RC Factory
Quad Racer 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:57 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 View Post
out of those definitely the 8ight t 2.0 roller. but there are more choices out there. the team associated rc8t rtr and all the other rc8t packages. are you wanting to get a kit so you can build it up to your personal specs or would like you to get a ready to run truck?
+1

Lots of good choices, but if you plan to race, get a truggy, not a "monster truck." Monster trucks are great bashers, fun to play with... but there really isn't a race class for them in most places.

Losi, XRAY, Mugen, Associated, Kyosho, or even (on a budget) Hotbodies. (Hotbodies is a great choice for someone pinching pennies! Competitive truck at a bargain price.)
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:30 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

yea i forgot all about the hot bodies d8t. if you are wanting to build up a kit and your on a budget i would highly recommend the HB D8T. its real cheap compared to the other truggys and you can build on up for less money then the others and it will still be just as competitive as the other expensive ones. theres a guy at my local track that pretty much wins with his d8t every race he shows up too lol
if you are wanting to race i would not get a monster truck. most tracks anymore do not have a class for the monster trucks. so i would get a truggy. hope information is helpful lol good luck!

Serpent - Desoto Racing - Picco - AKA - Hitec - RC Addictions Products - Tekin - VRP - Avid RC - SMC - MIP - SkipGear - The Ohio RC Factory
Quad Racer 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 View Post
yea i forgot all about the hot bodies d8t. if you are wanting to build up a kit and your on a budget i would highly recommend the HB D8T. its real cheap compared to the other truggys and you can build on up for less money then the others and it will still be just as competitive as the other expensive ones. theres a guy at my local track that pretty much wins with his d8t every race he shows up too lol
if you are wanting to race i would not get a monster truck. most tracks anymore do not have a class for the monster trucks. so i would get a truggy. hope information is helpful lol good luck!
i will think about the D8 T i always was thinking truggy out of all my 50 ( around 50 ) i have never had a truggy so i will think truggy and i won't race much but i still will.

Thank you for your help

Bajaboy5b
bajaboy5b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:21 AM   #7
Tech Adept

hmmmmmmmm...... now i am thinking HPI SC i don't know i still mite get the D8 T