Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Coupon codes for online shopping to help keep things cheap in 2010! >

Coupon codes for online shopping to help keep things cheap in 2010!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coupon codes for online shopping to help keep things cheap in 2010!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy
too many useless stickies, maybe put this stuff in a separate forum. also, not fair to paid advertisers of this site as well as the companies giving these codes. codes are given to people as rewards for signing up for thier news letters and other things.
my point exactly

nice stab there james
Old 01-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Prophet

stab away james

Last edited by houston; 01-10-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I hope you understand one day Monty, I really do..you have so much to offer, but your delivery surely needs work
Old 01-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

"terrible"
Old 01-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default tower

thanks for the tower codes
Old 01-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Initiate

wow ... seems as though the only guys complaining are the guys with the rediculously long sponsor lists that get goods at cost anyway.

Any retailer would be retarded not to want people to visit their site and spend their money.

Lets face it no matter how you get the codes, they are out there to promote business.

Moderator please let me know if ANY retailer complains about this thread... I as well as im sure many other will be glad to STOP using them for retail purchases.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

With all due respect, this was started to create easy access to those who are not super involved into the hobby. Many spend hundred more than needed. It's easy to say this is Clutter or useless. Keep in mind thats coming from the mouths of people who dont need this thread to find good deals.

I will also add that many of the specials posted thus far "ARE NOT" emailed to a customer list, so many may never know about them if not seen online in forums.

I feel like this is a important thread, maybe it dont need to be stickied, maybe it does. But if it promotes the hobby we all share, keeps people saving money at "VARIOUS" retail places, and allows any company with a discount code to post it, I can't see how it's clutter.

Before someone steps out and says, "hey, this is clutter" why don't we first look into the hundreds of useless threads that are started every day and keep tabs on that. Lets Keep RC Tech helpful, easy, and without all the real clutter.

Things like:

A thread saying look how high my baja jumped

14 threads about the same buggy/truggy

Cell phone for sale threads

Why my hobby shop sucks threads

Why my local track does this and that threads

And many many more.

Why not worry with things like that first and leave something that could actually help a fellow racer?

I'll continue to post specials here and keep it at the top daily.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by ABURTON
With all due respect, this was started to create easy access to those who are not super involved into the hobby. Many spend hundred more than needed. It's easy to say this is Clutter or useless. Keep in mind thats coming from the mouths of people who dont need this thread to find good deals.

I will also add that many of the specials posted thus far "ARE NOT" emailed to a customer list, so many may never know about them if not seen online in forums.

I feel like this is a important thread, maybe it dont need to be stickied, maybe it does. But if it promotes the hobby we all share, keeps people saving money at "VARIOUS" retail places, and allows any company with a discount code to post it, I can't see how it's clutter.

Before someone steps out and says, "hey, this is clutter" why don't we first look into the hundreds of useless threads that are started every day and keep tabs on that. Lets Keep RC Tech helpful, easy, and without all the real clutter.

Things like:

A thread saying look how high my baja jumped

14 threads about the same buggy/truggy

Cell phone for sale threads

Why my hobby shop sucks threads

Why my local track does this and that threads

And many many more.

Why not worry with things like that first and leave something that could actually help a fellow racer?

I'll continue to post specials here and keep it at the top daily.
I'm not at all saying the thread is useless alan , I am saying that things that are stickied to the top should be more important than something about a servo or a setup station imo.

As I have said , we all have our own opinions and sometimes they conflict , if somebody else didn't think that this thread should have been stickied was right it would still be there .

Btw Alan , I have a great respect for what you do as far as helping out a fellow racer bro , I understand that completely !!!! Keep up the good work !!!

I would love to make it to your alabama man. Cup but I usually blow my wad (for lack of a better term) going to AZ twice a year . I am just a guy that loves to race toy cars like the rest of you .

Happy motorin',
Monty
Old 01-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by houston
my point exactly

nice stab there james

the whole point of the "codes" is that their regular customers get discounts to keep them returning as customers.
if newbies want similar perks, buy something for cripes sake. buy some tower hobbies/amain gum and they'll send you the same codes.

you are not supporting the hobby or the dealers shopping around for big discounts for a one-time purchase
Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by justanotherdude
the whole point of the "codes" is that their regular customers get discounts to keep them returning as customers.
if newbies want similar perks, buy something for cripes sake. buy some tower hobbies/amain gum and they'll send you the same codes.

you are not supporting the hobby or the dealers shopping around for big discounts for a one-time purchase

I usually try to give the guys that are repeat customers a few bucks off.

And my service is always based on attitude
Old 01-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

not a problem Monty...Thanks man!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by ABURTON
not a problem Monty...Thanks man!
A phone conv. Goes a long waysssss !! ;-)
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Default Poor Boy Racing Coupon Codes

Poor Boy Racing knows times are tough so www.poorboyracing.net wants to help you out in this tough economy. Poor Boy Racing is now offering special coupon that could Save you Up To $35.00. These coupons are good until February 7, 2010.

Just enter the coupon code listed below when you check out at www.poorboyracing.net

If Your Order Totals the Amounts Listed Below: You Save! Just Enter the Code Below for Your Discount.
$100.00 - $149.99: $7.50 - 4578CPNPBR3789
$150.00 - $249.99: $15.00 - CPN712684PBR
$250 or more: $35.00 - CPN23512032PBR

This offer is good for a limited time only and is not retroactive. Each coupon code can only be used once per customer. Coupon codes cannot be combined with other coupon codes or offers, and may only be redeemed through the online store.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poor Boy Racing
Poor Boy Racing knows times are tough so www.poorboyracing.net wants to help you out in this tough economy. Poor Boy Racing is now offering special coupon that could Save you Up To $35.00. These coupons are good until February 7, 2010.

Just enter the coupon code listed below when you check out at www.poorboyracing.net

If Your Order Totals the Amounts Listed Below: You Save! Just Enter the Code Below for Your Discount.
$100.00 - $149.99: $7.50 - 4578CPNPBR3789
$150.00 - $249.99: $15.00 - CPN712684PBR
$250 or more: $35.00 - CPN23512032PBR

This offer is good for a limited time only and is not retroactive. Each coupon code can only be used once per customer. Coupon codes cannot be combined with other coupon codes or offers, and may only be redeemed through the online store.
Thanks anyway and have a good day

Sorry, I couldn't resist and thanks for the codes.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

So let me see if I understand this, according to you Monty, Its Important to know how to break in your engine, and tune it, but its not important to know how to set up your car, or how your servos work Lets see how you drive with 1 analog and 1 digital servo that your radio does not recognize, or with no idea how to set up your car! What a joke..The best broken in engine in the world that is tuned perfectly will be useless without servo's and the right set-up, but as I stated in the Pm I sent you, if its not your thread that was stickied than it must be useless..Nice cowardice act on your part posting my PM publicly instead of answering me like a man..Its OK, the RC hobby needs Mice also

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.