R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
So let me see if I understand this, according to you Monty, Its Important to know how to break in your engine, and tune it, but its not important to know how to set up your car, or how your servos work Lets see how you drive with 1 analog and 1 digital servo that your radio does not recognize, or with no idea how to set up your car! What a joke..The best broken in engine in the world that is tuned perfectly will be useless without servo's and the right set-up, but as I stated in the Pm I sent you, if its not your thread that was stickied than it must be useless..Nice cowardice act on your part posting my PM publicly instead of answering me like a man..Its OK, the RC hobby needs Mice also
+1
Old 01-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Geez

RCPlanet.com

Free Shipping over $200
FRTRXSPG
Old 01-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

i agree with the coupon code sticky ..it is a nice reference to have ...and it keeps the same questions from being asked which inmho is what a stickied thread should do ... i mean man people are asking the same questions time and time again ...it just gets old

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
Old 01-11-2010, 08:07 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

+1 I say this should be a sticky I look all the time for codes and deals. With there not being a hobby shop close to me without driving a good hour I always order online. Great Idea for a Thread if you ask me.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default www.carolinasrc.com

Order Amount SAVEDiscount Code
$75.00 - $149.99 $5.00 RCJAN25
$150.00 - $249.99 $12.50 RCJAN212
$250.00 + $25.00 RCJAN225
Old 01-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #36
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

man some people must just look for something to complain about...

as far as coupon codes being for customers with accounts and them being sent to them by email thats not entirely true... I very seldom get coupon codes from amain or tower via email...so I rely on posts listing them...maybe I dont spend enuff money with them to get their emails..lol

another good reason for a thread like this is for guys like myself that are still fairly new and do prolly 99% of their purchases online due to no close lhs... not everyone knows all the places to shop online...for isntance I've never heard of poorboys or carolinas...

simple fact is not all of us are sponsered racers...and most of us that arent need to save every penny we can to stay in the game...by knowing all the players in the retail biz when can shop around looking for sales on items we may need and all the other retailers have them items at regular price...

if people listing codes bothers some maybe those that are bothered shouldnt bother opening the thread...thats my 2 pennies...
Old 01-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just my .02, As far as ordering online there is a positive and negative. I get great 1 on 1 service and prices with my Lhs, but i can get some things cheaper through an online store and have had very good service with Carolina's who have gone above and beyond what they had to to make my order right.
Now saving money is always good but not always right so i try to spend most of my jingle at the lhs. He doesn't give me a % off but doesn't always charge me tax either (saves a bunch). With him i pay no shipping on 2 glow plugs and a body and a gallon of fuel and when i have a technical question he never gets the answer wrong. My lhs also lets me and most of the people who shop there pay on account, on account i don't have the money to pay.
As for codes, i shop at A-main and Carolina's. When i go to a bigger race it seems like Carolina's is alway giving me free swag at these events as opposed to almost every other company out there.
Now i'm soon to buy an MBX6 (hopefully) and when i order it it will be from whomever gives me the best service, and if after dealing with my 3 choices of business, my lhs can keep me within $20.00 of the other 2 places then it's worth it to me to see him get my money in exchange for all he's done for the locals who race with him.
I believe it could be stickied because used wisely it can help shoppers rc dollars go farther
On a side note, i would never hesitate to purchase from Burton( Speed Shop) just because of all the free parts and help he has givin to me over the last couple of years
Old 01-17-2010, 07:20 AM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

kind of looks like this thread turned into a way people are advertising their own places without paying for fees.

Lets drive all the tracks and lhs out of business even quicker.

Shops are closing at an alarming rate. Yeah lets bump this to the top.

8ight B 2.0 brushless
tekin rx8 1550kv
Old 01-17-2010, 08:20 AM   #39
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anybody have any discount codes for upgrade rc???
Old 01-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkman View Post
kind of looks like this thread turned into a way people are advertising their own places without paying for fees.

DING DING DING
818Designs.net - TKO
Old 01-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

@ Tower hobbies Save $20.00 Instantly Off Your $149 Order Place a qualifying order and for a limited time we'll take $20.00 off the total. All you have to do to claim your savings is click on ad number 016M7 and it will be placed in your shopping cart. This special offer is not retroactive and not applicable to drop-ship items. Please, only one promotional ad number per order
Old 01-17-2010, 10:36 PM   #42
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Wood 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdude View Post
the whole point of the "codes" is that their regular customers get discounts to keep them returning as customers.
if newbies want similar perks, buy something for cripes sake. buy some tower hobbies/amain gum and they'll send you the same codes.

you are not supporting the hobby or the dealers shopping around for big discounts for a one-time purchase
I must have missed something then. I have been buying things from A-main (both cars and helis) for YEARS now and have never once received any codes. Didn't even know about them until I saw them here.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:20 AM   #43
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkman View Post

Almost every shop posted on his thread is a "walk in retail" shop. So by supporting amain, carolinas, etc you are supporting a shop and a real one.

That I know of not one "owner" has posted his own shop here, yet more of it is customers posting discounts for others to see.

So lets do bump it to the top. It is supporting many real brick and morter shops by doing business with many of the companies posted here, supporting the companies who really cater and support racers..

Carolinas has a indoor track that races twice a week, with a retail, oopen to the public shop, amain is the same, and so on..

You either can use these codes or you can't.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:22 AM   #44
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccattu View Post
Anybody have any discount codes for upgrade rc???
I have not seen any Nick, but I do have some for www.fastlanegear.com

I'll check and post them up
Old 01-18-2010, 05:44 AM   #45
Tech Elite

Default www.fastlanegear.com

Code: GETIN

Good for 20% off any order over $75 with wraps, decals, ets on the fastlane website.