R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #16
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,088
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy View Post
too many useless stickies, maybe put this stuff in a separate forum. also, not fair to paid advertisers of this site as well as the companies giving these codes. codes are given to people as rewards for signing up for thier news letters and other things.
my point exactly


nice stab there james
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline  
Old 01-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #17
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,088
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

stab away james
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM

Last edited by houston; 01-10-2010 at 09:12 PM.
houston is offline  
Old 01-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #18
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

I hope you understand one day Monty, I really do..you have so much to offer, but your delivery surely needs work
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline  
Old 01-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
imaxx21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 2,725
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to imaxx21
Default

"terrible"
__________________
-Crash
Upgrade RC www.upgrade-rc.com
imaxx21 is offline  
Old 01-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #20
Tech Addict
 
jrxsMike03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boise ID
Posts: 644
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default tower

thanks for the tower codes
jrxsMike03 is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 07:07 AM   #21
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monroe, Ohio
Posts: 45
Send a message via AIM to Grigsbone
Default

wow ... seems as though the only guys complaining are the guys with the rediculously long sponsor lists that get goods at cost anyway.

Any retailer would be retarded not to want people to visit their site and spend their money.

Lets face it no matter how you get the codes, they are out there to promote business.

Moderator please let me know if ANY retailer complains about this thread... I as well as im sure many other will be glad to STOP using them for retail purchases.
Grigsbone is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #22
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 4,835
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

With all due respect, this was started to create easy access to those who are not super involved into the hobby. Many spend hundred more than needed. It's easy to say this is Clutter or useless. Keep in mind thats coming from the mouths of people who dont need this thread to find good deals.

I will also add that many of the specials posted thus far "ARE NOT" emailed to a customer list, so many may never know about them if not seen online in forums.

I feel like this is a important thread, maybe it dont need to be stickied, maybe it does. But if it promotes the hobby we all share, keeps people saving money at "VARIOUS" retail places, and allows any company with a discount code to post it, I can't see how it's clutter.

Before someone steps out and says, "hey, this is clutter" why don't we first look into the hundreds of useless threads that are started every day and keep tabs on that. Lets Keep RC Tech helpful, easy, and without all the real clutter.

Things like:

A thread saying look how high my baja jumped

14 threads about the same buggy/truggy

Cell phone for sale threads

Why my hobby shop sucks threads

Why my local track does this and that threads

And many many more.

Why not worry with things like that first and leave something that could actually help a fellow racer?

I'll continue to post specials here and keep it at the top daily.
__________________
Owner of the Speed Shop: A race prep shop for anything related to 1/10 and 1/8 off road racing. Check us out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Speed-Shop/382214705269137?ref=bookmarks
ABURTON is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 07:52 AM   #23
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,088
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABURTON View Post
With all due respect, this was started to create easy access to those who are not super involved into the hobby. Many spend hundred more than needed. It's easy to say this is Clutter or useless. Keep in mind thats coming from the mouths of people who dont need this thread to find good deals.

I will also add that many of the specials posted thus far "ARE NOT" emailed to a customer list, so many may never know about them if not seen online in forums.

I feel like this is a important thread, maybe it dont need to be stickied, maybe it does. But if it promotes the hobby we all share, keeps people saving money at "VARIOUS" retail places, and allows any company with a discount code to post it, I can't see how it's clutter.

Before someone steps out and says, "hey, this is clutter" why don't we first look into the hundreds of useless threads that are started every day and keep tabs on that. Lets Keep RC Tech helpful, easy, and without all the real clutter.

Things like:

A thread saying look how high my baja jumped

14 threads about the same buggy/truggy

Cell phone for sale threads

Why my hobby shop sucks threads

Why my local track does this and that threads

And many many more.

Why not worry with things like that first and leave something that could actually help a fellow racer?

I'll continue to post specials here and keep it at the top daily.
I'm not at all saying the thread is useless alan , I am saying that things that are stickied to the top should be more important than something about a servo or a setup station imo.

As I have said , we all have our own opinions and sometimes they conflict , if somebody else didn't think that this thread should have been stickied was right it would still be there .

Btw Alan , I have a great respect for what you do as far as helping out a fellow racer bro , I understand that completely !!!! Keep up the good work !!!


I would love to make it to your alabama man. Cup but I usually blow my wad (for lack of a better term) going to AZ twice a year . I am just a guy that loves to race toy cars like the rest of you .

Happy motorin',
Monty
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 08:02 AM   #24
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FLA
Posts: 415
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
my point exactly


nice stab there james

the whole point of the "codes" is that their regular customers get discounts to keep them returning as customers.
if newbies want similar perks, buy something for cripes sake. buy some tower hobbies/amain gum and they'll send you the same codes.

you are not supporting the hobby or the dealers shopping around for big discounts for a one-time purchase
justanotherdude is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 AM   #25
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,088
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdude View Post
the whole point of the "codes" is that their regular customers get discounts to keep them returning as customers.
if newbies want similar perks, buy something for cripes sake. buy some tower hobbies/amain gum and they'll send you the same codes.

you are not supporting the hobby or the dealers shopping around for big discounts for a one-time purchase

I usually try to give the guys that are repeat customers a few bucks off.

And my service is always based on attitude
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #26
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 4,835
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

not a problem Monty...Thanks man!
__________________
Owner of the Speed Shop: A race prep shop for anything related to 1/10 and 1/8 off road racing. Check us out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Speed-Shop/382214705269137?ref=bookmarks
ABURTON is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 09:14 AM   #27
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,088
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABURTON View Post
not a problem Monty...Thanks man!
A phone conv. Goes a long waysssss !! ;-)
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #28
Tech Regular
 
Poor Boy Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: www.poorboyracing.net
Posts: 283
Default Poor Boy Racing Coupon Codes

Poor Boy Racing knows times are tough so www.poorboyracing.net wants to help you out in this tough economy. Poor Boy Racing is now offering special coupon that could Save you Up To $35.00. These coupons are good until February 7, 2010.

Just enter the coupon code listed below when you check out at www.poorboyracing.net

If Your Order Totals the Amounts Listed Below: You Save! Just Enter the Code Below for Your Discount.
$100.00 - $149.99: $7.50 - 4578CPNPBR3789
$150.00 - $249.99: $15.00 - CPN712684PBR
$250 or more: $35.00 - CPN23512032PBR

This offer is good for a limited time only and is not retroactive. Each coupon code can only be used once per customer. Coupon codes cannot be combined with other coupon codes or offers, and may only be redeemed through the online store.
__________________
__________________
www.poorboyracing.net
For All your R/C needs
Poor Boy Racing is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #29
Tech Master
 
pickle311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,650
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Boy Racing View Post
Poor Boy Racing knows times are tough so www.poorboyracing.net wants to help you out in this tough economy. Poor Boy Racing is now offering special coupon that could Save you Up To $35.00. These coupons are good until February 7, 2010.

Just enter the coupon code listed below when you check out at www.poorboyracing.net

If Your Order Totals the Amounts Listed Below: You Save! Just Enter the Code Below for Your Discount.
$100.00 - $149.99: $7.50 - 4578CPNPBR3789
$150.00 - $249.99: $15.00 - CPN712684PBR
$250 or more: $35.00 - CPN23512032PBR

This offer is good for a limited time only and is not retroactive. Each coupon code can only be used once per customer. Coupon codes cannot be combined with other coupon codes or offers, and may only be redeemed through the online store.
__________________
I'm sorry, but according to the rules listed in this thread I can't accept your coupon codes that you're offering because
1. I have never purchased anything from your website
2. I haven't signed up for your newsletter.
Thanks anyway and have a good day






Sorry, I couldn't resist and thanks for the codes.
pickle311 is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #30
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

So let me see if I understand this, according to you Monty, Its Important to know how to break in your engine, and tune it, but its not important to know how to set up your car, or how your servos work Lets see how you drive with 1 analog and 1 digital servo that your radio does not recognize, or with no idea how to set up your car! What a joke..The best broken in engine in the world that is tuned perfectly will be useless without servo's and the right set-up, but as I stated in the Pm I sent you, if its not your thread that was stickied than it must be useless..Nice cowardice act on your part posting my PM publicly instead of answering me like a man..Its OK, the RC hobby needs Mice also
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:45 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net