R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
Tech Addict
 
wiscnitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Reedsburg,WI
Posts: 606
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Questions?? Nitro and the Snow

Is there anyone that is brave enough to run there Nitro Trucks in the snow and slush?? I'm not new to Nitro I use to have a Built T-Maxx now after a few years I'm back into it with a 2.5 Revo I would like to know the procdures you would do after snow running. I would just throw it in the bath tub upside down till dry and do my after run on the motor. Clear lines, WD-40 in carb and glow plug hole. Ect anything else?
__________________
Hold my beer and watch this! :)
wiscnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
Tech Regular
 
keepitmovin504's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 466
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to keepitmovin504
Default

yup


nitro rustler... wish I had 4wd though


EDIT:
To clean the parts I stripped the suspension parts down and dried them off by hand. I didn't really worry about rust because the rustler is my beater truck but in the days afterwords I didn't notice any rust. Tuning wise i ran about a quarter turn richer.
__________________
AE T5M/B5M/B44.3
TLR SCTE 3.0

Last edited by keepitmovin504; 12-28-2009 at 02:22 PM.
keepitmovin504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
Tech Initiate
 
NochikenStrips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscnitro View Post
Is there anyone that is brave enough to run there Nitro Trucks in the snow and slush?? I'm not new to Nitro I use to have a Built T-Maxx now after a few years I'm back into it with a 2.5 Revo I would like to know the procdures you would do after snow running. I would just throw it in the bath tub upside down till dry and do my after run on the motor. Clear lines, WD-40 in carb and glow plug hole. Ect anything else?
I'm somewhat brave...Both my truggys, buggys stay on the shelf until spring. I'd say if your rc car is you pride and joy, don't run it in snow/slush. It's just bad in general. Bad for engine, bad for driveline, bad for electronics, and just bad period.

But i do have an original tmaxx("child called it") with a 2.5 in it. I don't do anything special to it. Run it in snow, throw it in the corner, no need for after run.

But if you must do it the correct way. First make sure all you electronics are sealed up either splash proof or fully water proof. There are many vids out there on youtube.

Also, you'll want to spray your car down with a water displacement solution. You can either go with W40 or a dry silicone lubricant(cow rc's "moo slick" for 7 bucks or walmart brand for 3 bucks).

Now for the after run. Just airhose everything down. No need for drying(because you sprayed it down with W40 or dry lube).

Open all your electronics(battery box, receiver box) and allow them to vent if there are any water inside which there shouldn't be if you sealed them.

Other than that, everthing else is still the same. You still gotta do after run. Nothing new(after run oil, clean/dry/oil airfilter, etc..)
NochikenStrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
Tech Addict
 
wiscnitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Reedsburg,WI
Posts: 606
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NochikenStrips View Post
I'm somewhat brave...Both my truggys, buggys stay on the shelf until spring. I'd say if your rc car is you pride and joy, don't run it in snow/slush. It's just bad in general. Bad for engine, bad for driveline, bad for electronics, and just bad period.

But i do have an original tmaxx("child called it") with a 2.5 in it. I don't do anything special to it. Run it in snow, throw it in the corner, no need for after run.

But if you must do it the correct way. First make sure all you electronics are sealed up either splash proof or fully water proof. There are many vids out there on youtube.

Also, you'll want to spray your car down with a water displacement solution. You can either go with W40 or a dry silicone lubricant(cow rc's "moo slick" for 7 bucks or walmart brand for 3 bucks).

Now for the after run. Just airhose everything down. No need for drying(because you sprayed it down with W40 or dry lube).

Open all your electronics(battery box, receiver box) and allow them to vent if there are any water inside which there shouldn't be if you sealed them.

Other than that, everthing else is still the same. You still gotta do after run. Nothing new(after run oil, clean/dry/oil airfilter, etc..)
HAHA Thanks Too much work for me I ran it once today and dryed it off with time and a hair dryer. sprayed WD in to motor and carb and thats about it. it can sit untill spring.Plastic parts don't like cold anyway
__________________
Hold my beer and watch this! :)
wiscnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
German Muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 557
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

i ran my revo in the snow alot. I just layed a dishtowel over the electronics and air filter under the body. Once i was done i took the towel off and blew the excess snow off with an air compressor. Keep it out of watery slush though as that will get into the engine.
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:14 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: All Over So. Fla.
Posts: 985
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitmovin504 View Post
yup


nitro rustler... wish I had 4wd though


EDIT:
To clean the parts I stripped the suspension parts down and dried them off by hand. I didn't really worry about rust because the rustler is my beater truck but in the days afterwords I didn't notice any rust. Tuning wise i ran about a quarter turn richer.
What is that white stuff your truck is sitting on? Does it hurt? Can you make money with it? Does it every just go away? We don't have anything like that in So. Fla. Send some down......Oh and happy new year.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:04 AM   #7
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 106
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsCy8vOX7jA
Snow running in uk
Jimbo-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SS Raceway in Tampa Rojna Florida Racing 5042 07-15-2014 12:03 AM
Is it ok to drive Nitro Truck in snow? Nitro F150 Nitro Off-Road 17 12-09-2010 01:00 AM
Driving in the snow colton Nitro Off-Road 17 01-14-2009 09:06 PM
Nitro Challenge @ The Nitro Pit Dbackmasta Racing Forum 94 03-07-2007 08:17 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:27 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net