R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janderson78 View Post
Can they are all full.
All those Panther boxes send them this way, Chris Crews and I can go thru them LOL
JBURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBURCH View Post
All those Panther boxes send them this way, Chris Crews and I can go thru them LOL
Those are the most important things I have for my moves. I have collected them over the last 10 years LOL I dont throw those away because they are awsome for moves.

See you at the track.
janderson78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #18
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLook_RCMan View Post
You are off to a great start already. I liked the idea of better storage containers; something that is stackable and shippable for when you need to move again. However, when storing square stuff there is nothing like square boxes to let everything fit nice and tight.

Adding some larger shelves on the wall to the right might give some of the boxes a different home than window sills and the floor. With your current shelving you are only using small portions of each shelf. If you can, try adding additional shelves to each of your existing shelf units.

One of the biggest things I try to do is keep my main work surface as clutter free as possible.
** First I would relocate power supplies, chargers, soldering irons, extra tire, battery, engine, etc… items to the adjacent shelves to the workbench so they are still easily accessible but not on the bench. Remember, you can always do things like move the soldering iron and holder onto the workbench for times when you are actually soldering but when not in use it can sit on a shelf.

** Second, have little spots for big take off items on the adjacent shelves such as bodies, tires, engine, etc… That way when you get home from the track and start wrenching on your buggy you can take off the bulky items right away and put them in a good spot. That way they do not take up real estate on your workbench every time you work on your car. I also have spots on my shelves for every car I have so they don’t have to be stored in the hauler bags or perched on a stack of boxes. Wouldn’t you know it would be that stack of boxes that I would need to get into the next time I’m looking for parts.

** Third, the idea about the pegboard is a good one because of easy way to organize replacement parts, take a quick inventory of stuff you are getting low on, and easy access to items you use often.

My old workbench was made of five 2x10” lumber 6’ long sitting next to each other. I laid all five on the floor and using two 2x4’s I attached the five larger boards together, flipped it over and placed it on top of 2-drawer filing cabinets on either end to store manuals, printouts, and other cool small stuff I wanted to hang on to. It was so sturdy I was able to put a bench vice at one end and a small drill press at the other end.

I am envious of all the gear you have! Good luck and happy New Year!!
These are all awsome ideas!!! I am off tell the 4th so I am working on it. Thanks for the input!!!

See you at the track.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Quote:
Those are the most important things I have for my moves. I have collected them over the last 10 years LOL I dont throw those away because they are awsome for moves.
Those GS hauler bags are taking to much room, I have plenty of room in my garage if you want me to use one I mean store one for ya lol.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #20
noR
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to noR Send a message via MSN to noR Send a message via Yahoo to noR

It looks like every single car is resting on its suspension/tires.

You need some car stands.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by noR View Post
It looks like every single car is resting on its suspension/tires.

You need some car stands.
LOL that is correct!!!

See you at the track.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

The biggest problem I see is that there doesn't appear to be a beer fridge. Now, if you have one within close range it is fine...

Note that empty beer cans/bottles make good containers for old shock/diff fluids. NOTE: DO NOT CONFUSE THE USED FLUIDS WITH YOUR BEVERAGE!

Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)

Hey Jason That Mugen looks good sitting there!!!!LOL
Potoczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potoczak View Post
Hey Jason That Mugen looks good sitting there!!!!LOL
LOL you have some good eyes my friend!!!

See you at the track.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:51 PM   #25
Tech Addict

Quote:
LOL you have some good eyes my friend!!!
Jason you got it all in there dont ya, that 8E is looking good too
Old 12-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thats cool Jason! If I was a single man believe that I would have a entire house set up for rc dealings.

Instead I am confined to the Speed Shop...but it is kinda roomy.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Take a look through this thread and find ideas that you like< there are a ton of nice setups in here...........http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...trailer-s.html
cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #28
Tech Regular

I think you got a nice setup going on there. One thing I would change however would be those stools haha. make those long hours working on the car easier with a comfortable office chair
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:17 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
I think you got a nice setup going on there. One thing I would change however would be those stools haha. make those long hours working on the car easier with a comfortable office chair
I personally disagree with this- a firmer seating surface makes it easier to be precise and also exert needed force.

I actually work on my stuff at my buddies house... we built a workbench at about "bar height" (it puts it at the proper height to work STANDING, for when you need to exert some force like when removing stubborn bolts holding the motor mount in the chassis...) and use barstools for seats. Besides... it fits the general idea that we generally have a beer or 6 while working on our stuff.

That workbench is STOUT too... you could rebuild a big-block Ford on it without a whimper. (3/4" plywood top, 2x6" frame and legs, finished with polyurethane) Maybe a little overkill for RC stuff, but it isn't going to "give up" in a short time of wrenching on your stuff.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #30
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABURTON View Post
Thats cool Jason! If I was a single man believe that I would have a entire house set up for rc dealings.

Instead I am confined to the Speed Shop...but it is kinda roomy.
Same here Alan, but least you have the Speed Shop, I started out with half the garage now I have been sent to just a small corner of the garage. Amazing the more I get the less space she lets me have lol.