Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best clutch for my truggy.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 02:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Best clutch for my truggy.

Hey, I'm looking for the best available clutch for my truggy (Hot Bodies LSP). I am running a SH .28 P8 engine, so it's quite powerfull

I'm looking for something maintenance-free, with long lasting shoes and good enough to connect killer engine with a heavy truggy.

So far, I have chosen:
Fioroni Quattro
Werks Adjustable 4-Shoe
Fioroni "Penta"
Fioroni "Vario"
Fioroni Blue Glass "Turbo Twin 2007"
Ascendancy Racing Effortless Racing Clutch Kit (4 shoe)
Fioroni Turbo
Orion CRF V6

I'm not on a bugdet, however I wouldn't like to spend more than $60

Please, help me to choose the best stuff. Regards.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ascendancy Racing Effortless Racing Clutch Kit (4 shoe)
Old 12-25-2009, 02:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Answer Rc with 1.1m springs.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yes, Ascendancy looks great - how many gallons do theese shoes go?
And I have also heard only good opinions about the Fioroni Turbo Twin with black shoes - have you heard anything about this clutch?
Old 12-25-2009, 03:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

M2C 4 shoe combo kit...you can get them for $60.00 complete....awesome clutch system ! the kit includes a flywheel, 4 shoes, 4 different spring weights, clutch nut, shims and installation tool...the flywheel is also variable weight, you can add or remove weight to tailor the power delivery to your needs.... The performance of this clutch is the best I have found, they also last very well......
Old 12-25-2009, 04:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

And what about wear of the shoes - i mean soft shoes which come with the kit? How long can they last?

I would also buy spare kit of shoes - i think Regular Medium will be fine?

And hard shoes will last longer than soft ones?
Old 12-25-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Stock carbon shoes

that are made for your kit. Stay away from aftermarket clutch kits, to expensive. Just get a couple extra springs and shoes and change them out reguarly.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiktor0410
And what about wear of the shoes - i mean soft shoes which come with the kit? How long can they last?

I would also buy spare kit of shoes - i think Regular Medium will be fine?

And hard shoes will last longer than soft ones?
The harder the shoe the more it will slip, creating excessive heat. the soft shoes stalled correctly seems to have the best wear. It all really depends on car, engine, and track conditions.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

M2C All the way.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
M2C All the way.
plus 1
Old 12-25-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

m2c or answer rc either are super good choices
Old 12-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
M2C 4 shoe combo kit...you can get them for $60.00 complete....awesome clutch system ! the kit includes a flywheel, 4 shoes, 4 different spring weights, clutch nut, shims and installation tool...the flywheel is also variable weight, you can add or remove weight to tailor the power delivery to your needs.... The performance of this clutch is the best I have found, they also last very well......
I just have to say get on AMain and look at the #1 selling clutch (ASCENDANCY). We have NO RACE TEAM so we are not giving the product to a bunch of people so they will say nice things..... All the sales are from word of mouth and how well the clutch works.

Also the price I will tell you again. Ascendancy is 54.99 for the complet clutch. In five minutes Integra will be on here telling you the losi is better and cheaper but if look at all the prices and parts we beat them all and you get all the items you need for tuning the clutch. Nothing more to buy. Ask anyone who has used the clutch and our shoes out last them all 2 to 1 at least.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Also it has been the #1 clutch for 4-5 months.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

OK so we have M2C, Ascendancy... and also Fioroni Turbo Twin Black Carbon looks great, isn't it? It also collects only good opinions - are 6-7 gallons on one Black shoes kit possible?

My friend has always had problems with his clutch and after he bought Fioroni Twin Turbo he forgot any clutch problems

I do not insist on any of theese, I'm only curious how they do compared.

It will be also great to do about 5 gallons on one shoes kit (all season on same shoes?) because on the other hand buying spare shoes is above my limit

So far, thanks for all replies.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by janderson78
I just have to say get on AMain and look at the #1 selling clutch (ASCENDANCY). We have NO RACE TEAM so we are not giving the product to a bunch of people so they will say nice things..... All the sales are from word of mouth and how well the clutch works.

Also the price I will tell you again. Ascendancy is 54.99 for the complet clutch. In five minutes Integra will be on here telling you the losi is better and cheaper but if look at all the prices and parts we beat them all and you get all the items you need for tuning the clutch. Nothing more to buy. Ask anyone who has used the clutch and our shoes out last them all 2 to 1 at least.
no offense buddy but i dont get anything for free on clutches..so idont think you can come on here and say people are getting stuff for free so they just post good things ..if i got something for free or paid for it and it wasnt good people would here about it one way or another ...it just gets old seeing the same ole posts from ya ..im just saying ..not to irritate ..but your clutches are good people use them ....you should just come on here and say ...."have you tried ascendancy clutches they are decent and priced right " in stead of always going on the defensive ..just my .02 ..it like you have a BIG CHIP on your shoulder ....let your clutches speak for themselves on the track ..which im sure they do in many cases

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.