R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Bad Service From RC Mushroom....Or Is This Normal?

Hey guys,

In April of this year I purchased two Airtronics/Sanwa 2.4 GHz FHSS receivers from RC Mushroom in Hong Kong. I usually prefer to buy the majority of my gear local but at the time these receivers were extremely hard to come by and RC Mushroom was one of the only places to stock them. The transaction was good and both receivers arrived in around 4 working days to my home in Sydney, Australia (which is pretty good shipping time!). When I went to use the receivers, I discovered one was faulty and didn't work. Although disappointed, I understand these things happen so I contacted RC Mushroom. They advised that to check all other areas of the car first (e.g. esc, servos, transmitter etc) and if they were all ok, to send the receiver back to them for warranty repair. Every other piece of equipment on the car was in good shape so I sent the receiver back in the original packaging and advised RC Mushroom via email of the situation and that it was brand new and seemed to be faulty. The receiver arrived at RC Mushroom in May. It is now December and Iím still yet to get my receiver back. I have contacted RC Mushroom numerous times and they tell me that the receiver has been fixed by Sanwa but they have not received it back from the distributer.

Is it normal for a warranty claim to take this long? I know itís my fault for buying overseas, and 3-4 month turnaround I can understand.....but itís now been nearly 8 months!

Let me know your thoughts guys!

Thanks
Chad22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad22 View Post
Hey guys,

In April of this year I purchased two Airtronics/Sanwa 2.4 GHz FHSS receivers from RC Mushroom in Hong Kong. I usually prefer to buy the majority of my gear local but at the time these receivers were extremely hard to come by and RC Mushroom was one of the only places to stock them. The transaction was good and both receivers arrived in around 4 working days to my home in Sydney, Australia (which is pretty good shipping time!). When I went to use the receivers, I discovered one was faulty and didn't work. Although disappointed, I understand these things happen so I contacted RC Mushroom. They advised that to check all other areas of the car first (e.g. esc, servos, transmitter etc) and if they were all ok, to send the receiver back to them for warranty repair. Every other piece of equipment on the car was in good shape so I sent the receiver back in the original packaging and advised RC Mushroom via email of the situation and that it was brand new and seemed to be faulty. The receiver arrived at RC Mushroom in May. It is now December and Iím still yet to get my receiver back. I have contacted RC Mushroom numerous times and they tell me that the receiver has been fixed by Sanwa but they have not received it back from the distributer.

Is it normal for a warranty claim to take this long? I know itís my fault for buying overseas, and 3-4 month turnaround I can understand.....but itís now been nearly 8 months!

Let me know your thoughts guys!

Thanks
I have had stuff go back to them not for warranty but for wrong items shipped so they resent the correct item turnaround time for that was 6-8 weeks but 3-4 mths for a warranty is starting to be a stretch, I would call them 0011 (852) 23102568 direct speak to angela or King maybe you can get a credit? as for service I have only had 100% positive service from rcmushroom and I use them regularly.
cheers
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote