Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Ten-T

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Prophet

yea but the 4wd class that tracks had were electric, the 1/8 truggy class up in pa is pretty good. i dont know about maryland though i used to live in glen burnie .
Old 12-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default ????

The only thing that concerns me is no other company sells 10th scale truggy vehicles. But in my mind I hope racetracks would allow you to run in some other class!
Old 12-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fire929
The only thing that concerns me is no other company sells 10th scale truggy vehicles. But in my mind I hope racetracks would allow you to run in some other class!
What about the HPI MT2. The two trucks seem fairly similar in basic design to me.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Prophet

no the ten-t is built way better than the hpi mt2 , the ten-t has losi eight parts on it just scaled down so u know its tough.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc5 man
no the ten-t is built way better than the hpi mt2 , the ten-t has losi eight parts on it just scaled down so u know its tough.
I know that, but you'd think they could race in the same class and/or compete with each other.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Prophet

boy thats a tough one,i guess they could run together but the ten-t is way. more advanced than the mt2 though so, i think the ten-t whould handle a lot better in a stock form of corse than a hpi mt2.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

boy thats a tough one,i guess they could run together but the ten-t is way. more advanced than the mt2 though so, i think the ten-t whould handle a lot better in a stock form of corse than a hpi mt2.
Stock vs stock there is no comparison. But I wonder if you upgraded the MT2 if it could compete....I am sure the Ten-T would be less expensive after the mods though.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Prophet

i guess the (mt2 could complete with mods if your a good driver), i dont think the (ten-t) whould need hardley any (mods though). the only thing i whould do if a track whould allow it is remove the (starting, equiment) and make it a (non pullstart) but thats just me.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

i guess the (mt2 could complete with mods if your a good driver), i dont think the (ten-t) whould need hardley any (mods though). the only thing i whould do if a track whould allow it is remove the (starting, equiment) and make it a (non pullstart) but thats just me.
Agreed. The MT2 would just need the mods to be in the same class. Upgraded motor, shocks, universals, turnbuckles, maybe longer control arms, etc. You are talking $250+ in mods to keep up with the Losi, and that isn't including the electronics.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Prophet

yea your better off just getting a ten-t, im sure other manufacters will come, out with 10 scale truggys if i really takes off just like when traxxas.

came out with the (short corse truck the slash it took off big time) and it was just (slashs no other manufactors and not every manufacter has a sc corse} truck i really think that with just (ten-t} running together it will be a pretty (competive class.}
Old 12-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

yea your better off just getting a ten-t, im sure other manufacters will come, out with 10 scale truggys if i really takes off just like when traxxas.

came out with the (short corse truck the slash it took off big time) and it was just (slashs no other manufactors and not every manufacter has a sc corse} truck i really think that with just (ten-t} running together it will be a pretty (competive class.}
Yeah I like the idea of a spec class with the Ten-T. It helps those of us on a budget, and it means skill will win most races.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

And I only brought up the MT2 since I own it and the Ten-T. Granted my Ten-T isn't running since it came with a blown motor. My hobby shop is going through the warranty on Monday.

Out of the box for me the HPI was much higher performance, since it ran.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Prophet

the thin shock towers on the ten-t, look thin as hell i would think that losi or. somebody else would,come out with thick shock towers .

but the suspension parts defiely, are strong it has the 1/8 eight parts on it.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

the thin shock towers on the ten-t, look thin as hell i would think that losi or. somebody else would,come out with thick shock towers .

but the suspension parts defiely, are strong it has the 1/8 eight parts on it.
Are you worries about flex changing how the shocks perform or breakage?

After running mine at the track and several major accidents of the "big jump" (my first time ever driving on a RC track) the Ten-T broke nothing. It even did cartwheels twice of the jump which I seriously expected to break suspension parts but everything is still like new. I am VERY happy with how tough this thing is.

My HPI MT2 on the other hand seems to break suspension parts by just breathing on it too hard. I have had to replace knuckles, A Arms and more....and this is with fairly mild hits.

The Ten-T seems *much* stronger and obviously (or maybe not) was much higher performance around the track than the MT2. Obviously I am no expert on track driving, but the Ten-T felt much more planted, responsive, and did everything better. I think I am about to become a regular at the track.

Now if you are worried about flex effecting the shock performance I would need way more track time to ever notice a difference.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Prophet

no the shocks... on there defiely look like they perform well, im talking about if you nosedrive on a jump. pretty hard or if you have, a runaway the shock towers on it will bend. it will take a lot of hard, hits probety before it bends though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.