R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
no the shocks... on there defiely look like they perform well, im talking about if you nosedrive on a jump. pretty hard or if you have, a runaway the shock towers on it will bend. it will take a lot of hard, hits probety before it bends though.
Well it went end over end on the big jump at probably over 45 MPH twice when I was at the track with not issues. And when i say end over end it would flip maybe 4-10 times before coming to a rest. I came to the conclusion that it is "built like a tank". I would have expected serious breakage on those end-overs.

Yeah i know I need more driving practice.

I watched some videos of pros running the same track and it seems they take that jump at lower speeds. I guess I know that now.

I was very impressed with how durable it is!
Losi Ten-T: 7/7/2, Kingpin tires, optional Losi Springs, Spektrum DX3S
Nor-Cal Hobbies: Union City, CA
Grimlock212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #32
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock212 View Post
Well it went end over end on the big jump at probably over 45 MPH twice when I was at the track with not issues. And when i say end over end it would flip maybe 4-10 times before coming to a rest. I came to the conclusion that it is "built like a tank". I would have expected serious breakage on those end-overs.

Yeah i know I need more driving practice.

I watched some videos of pros running the same track and it seems they take that jump at lower speeds. I guess I know that now.

I was very impressed with how durable it is!

where do you find race videos ,on youtube of the ten-t i cant find any!
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #33
Tech Apprentice

Default Starting Ten-T

I just bought the Ten-T and I am having a horrible time getting it started and keeping it running when I do. It seems to start the first time I try (I have made 4 attempts/days) to start it. But it will not stay running. After the first sort of start I cannot get it to start again. Temperature outside has been in range of 47-50 degrees. I have used a heat gun to bring the temps up to 180. Losi thought I might have a problem with the starter line to the glow plug. I pulled the line and used a normal glow starter, same results. The battery dies after a few minutes of cranking. Transmitter gives low battery warning. When I charge the battery it charges back about 280 - 330 Mah of the 1,000. Someone at Horizon thought the battery might be bad. I have the high and low speed needles set at 2-1/2 turns out. I have been told different things by Losi to richen then another guy says lean it out. I am thinking with colder air it should be leaner if anything. When I pull the glow plug charger the engine dies.

Can anyone help. Obviously I am a novice to the nitro thing.

Thanks
speedsterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #34
Tech Prophet

il be honest with you i would break, the engine in when its gets abotu 50. degrees outside its just more of a pain ,when you break it in during winter time i know .

the rule about nitro is take your, time during break in the engine and relax.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #35
Tech Regular

Quote:
where do you find race videos ,on youtube of the ten-t i cant find any!
I was actually watching a 1/8th scale race at the same track I was running that was giving me some pointers. I don't know of any Ten-T racing videos.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #36
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsterp View Post
I just bought the Ten-T and I am having a horrible time getting it started and keeping it running when I do. It seems to start the first time I try (I have made 4 attempts/days) to start it. But it will not stay running. After the first sort of start I cannot get it to start again. Temperature outside has been in range of 47-50 degrees. I have used a heat gun to bring the temps up to 180. Losi thought I might have a problem with the starter line to the glow plug. I pulled the line and used a normal glow starter, same results. The battery dies after a few minutes of cranking. Transmitter gives low battery warning. When I charge the battery it charges back about 280 - 330 Mah of the 1,000. Someone at Horizon thought the battery might be bad. I have the high and low speed needles set at 2-1/2 turns out. I have been told different things by Losi to richen then another guy says lean it out. I am thinking with colder air it should be leaner if anything. When I pull the glow plug charger the engine dies.

Can anyone help. Obviously I am a novice to the nitro thing.

Thanks
Have you tried replacing the Glow Plug with an A3? This fixed all of my starting and dying problems since mine was already properly tuned.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I finally had to the opportunity to see one of these at the hobby shop I work at. The engine was super tight. We ended up pulling the engine and mounting it to a bench break in setup. We heated the engine and ran 3 tanks thru it to loosen it up before we mounted the engine back in the truck. I would ditch the stock plug, we ran a Mc59 with Byrons 20%. You will have to pinch the coil that goes on to the top of the glow plug for a better connection. Engine ran great with the Mc59!
aaron joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #38
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock212 View Post
Have you tried replacing the Glow Plug with an A3? This fixed all of my starting and dying problems since mine was already properly tuned.

No I have not tried that, but I will give it a shot. Do you know what your settings are? Just trying to get a baseline to get it started. If I do not figure something out soon the most distance my Ten-T will get is the distance it goes off my foot

I did check that the glow plug is igniting turning red. I know there is a solution to the problem of pulling the ignitor and the engine dying, just not sure what it is.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:20 PM   #39
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron joy View Post
I finally had to the opportunity to see one of these at the hobby shop I work at. The engine was super tight. We ended up pulling the engine and mounting it to a bench break in setup. We heated the engine and ran 3 tanks thru it to loosen it up before we mounted the engine back in the truck. I would ditch the stock plug, we ran a Mc59 with Byrons 20%. You will have to pinch the coil that goes on to the top of the glow plug for a better connection. Engine ran great with the Mc59!

how did it handle well at least on the road? is it pretty torquey.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #40
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
No I have not tried that, but I will give it a shot. Do you know what your settings are? Just trying to get a baseline to get it started. If I do not figure something out soon the most distance my Ten-T will get is the distance it goes off my foot

I did check that the glow plug is igniting turning red. I know there is a solution to the problem of pulling the ignitor and the engine dying, just not sure what it is.
It is usually a sign that your plug is not hot enough (heat range) or on its way out. What nitro % are you running?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
how did it handle well at least on the road? is it pretty torquey.
It was dark we didn't have a chance to take it outside. Engine feels pretty good.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #42
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron joy View Post
It is usually a sign that your plug is not hot enough (heat range) or on its way out. What nitro % are you running?
I have the stock plug and I am running 20% nitro. I understand this is supposed to be easier to tune. I have gone out on four separate occassions and cannot seem to get it to run more than the initial startup. For some reason it starts up runs I get excited then it dies and won't restart
Old 01-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #43
Tech Apprentice

Default Battery

My low battery indicator kicks on at 5.9 volts when trying to start my car. The transmitter indicates battery power at 6.2 - 6.3. When I charge the battery it takes around 35 minutes and puts in around 300 Mah. The low voltage warning is set at 6.0 volts. It does not seem like the battery would last very long. One guy I spoke with at Horizon thought I might have a bad battery. Are others having short battery life. Do you get the warning at 5.9 volts and do you put in more charge than 300 mah.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I have the stock plug and I am running 20% nitro. I understand this is supposed to be easier to tune. I have gone out on four separate occassions and cannot seem to get it to run more than the initial startup. For some reason it starts up runs I get excited then it dies and won't restart
Please try a different plug. Even thou the plug may light up out of the engine with a regular ignitor ( like the one we tested ) it could glow differently in the engine. If you are only running 20% try a hotter plug with a McCoy #59 hot plug. Where are you located?
Old 01-08-2010, 04:49 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Mine was behaving just like that until I went with the A3 plug. Now it runs like a champ.