Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 nitro buggy engine question

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 1/8 nitro buggy engine question

Hi i have recently picked up a nitro buggy from eBay i am not sure what brand is in it but it has a 28 force engine but when i come to pull start it there is a noise that comes from the engine i am not sure what it is if any one could hep it would be fantastic
Old 12-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joshi
Hi i have recently picked up a nitro buggy from eBay i am not sure what brand is in it but it has a 28 force engine but when i come to pull start it there is a noise that comes from the engine i am not sure what it is if any one could hep it would be fantastic
Very hard to answer that question, what kinda noise, could be the engine trying to turnover, dont think u will get much help. very broad area of things it could be.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

well ofna makes the force line of engines so i'm guessing its an ofna . but what is the motor doing ?
Old 12-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=d8tforme;6753088]well ofna makes the force line of engines so i'm guessing its an ofna . but what is the motor doing ?[/QUOTE

it is making like rattle nose or something from were the pull start is but i took the pull start out and no finks by the way is a ofna a good brand thanks
Old 12-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default rattle

it sounds like a rattle noise from the pullstart but near the engine
Old 12-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

im not so sure about pull starts(never had one)but if u have it off already take the glow plug out and turn the flywheel around a few times by hand,if u hear some funny noise from inside the motor like loose parts or a rattle somethings not right(time for new motor)the car may not start, and if it does most likely will not run good or for long.ofna is a good place to start for sure.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

You shouldn't hear a rattle my friend.

Take the time and tear the engine down
Old 12-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default thanks

thanks for the info but i think i will just go buy a sh 25 engine i have been told they go good
Old 12-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

thanks for the info but i think i will just go buy a sh 25 engine i have been told they go good

If you dont know the basics of how a motor function's a new motor wont do you any good as you'll end up ruining that one in no time....I suggest figuring out what is wrong with the current motor THEN deciding if spending $$ on a new motor is even worth it.

the Ofna you are describing sounds like a Entry Level RTR buggy....nothing spectacular but something to get you up and running...let us know if you need any info on how to post pics or how to go about inspecting the motor....were here for ya buddy.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Joshi ignore Integra he never has any good input always bashes everything anyone says. he a waste of time to even read his posts.

but anyways it sounds like you have a jammin x1, am i correct? if so that is a very good buggy i ran one for a year then converted it to an x2. but anyways take the engine apart and clean it and go threw it. i bet you have an air leak or a bad bearing, feel the bearing by hand and see if it feels "gritty" and if it does replace both of them. but if you want a new one DO NOT go with a 25 or anythng but an 21. i would go with a jammin JPX21 or an werks B5, both are cheap and great reliable engine. my dad runs the JPX21 and ill be getting one soon since my vspec is junk. but the 25 is to much, the 28 that is on it now is a basic 28 and is slower than the engines i mentioned and if you get an higher end 24, 25, 27 or 28 like the one you mentioned there will be a huge gain in power and performance. just something to think about this is all based on my opinion and experience at the track.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Rookie

hi thankyou i followed ur advice and cleaned everthing out the bearings were gone my uncle changed them and starts beauitful also ummm my buggy do u reckon it will be alright for small jumps
Old 12-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Prophet

just a reminder i dont recommend buying used engines on ebay but thats just me,cause theres chances that theres something wroung with it.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Rookie

nahh if i am going to buy a engine or any parts it is from prospect hobby shop
Old 12-23-2009, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi thankyou i followed ur advice and cleaned everthing out the bearings were gone my uncle changed them and starts beauitful also ummm my buggy do u reckon it will be alright for small jumps
is it a jammin? i raced mine in pro buggy and jammin can take some abuse. i hit things so hard people thought i broke, i was always the dummy to try stupid jumps in qualifiers and stuff sometimes working in my favor sometime not. but all in all jammins are tuff as nails but so is any ofna buggy except the LX one, they seem to break pretty easy.

im glad you got your engine running good and all.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default this buggy is given m e the shits

it worked for a bit but the noise came back wat is the best way to strip the engine and please no technical talk lol i am only new to buggys also were abouts it the bearing that u told me to check

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.