R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Hitec Servo Warr... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/353517-hitec-servo-warr.html)

mist467 12-20-2009 05:57 PM

Hitec Servo Warr...

Does anyone know if hitec still has a flat rate repair service?...My servo just crossed the 2 year mark and i know they changed the policy for warranties...anyone know what to do???...unfortunately im not great at saving receipts or anything like that either. :cry:

Unsober1 12-20-2009 06:54 PM

I know that they do as of July. I sent one in.

I also don't seem to keep receipts very long either. Usually just a few days.

I didn't go to their site, but it is usually about 75% of the cost of a new one. I have sent in I think 4 servos to Hitec, some under warrantee and some not, every time I ended up with a bran new servo

bigjayjay1 12-20-2009 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by mist467 (Post 6744579)
Does anyone know if hitec still has a flat rate repair service?...My servo just crossed the 2 year mark and i know they changed the policy for warranties...anyone know what to do???...unfortunately im not great at saving receipts or anything like that either. :cry:

Just send them in they are pretty good with warranties especially if the servo are in good shape clean them up. Also if your LH store is a dealer they might be able to help you with a receipt.

hobbstimothy 12-20-2009 07:24 PM

question i have an hitec 5955TG and i broke the screw in the main gear were the steering horn connects to. well i took the gear out and i lost it. do you guys think i send it in and them send a new one or were if possible can i find another gear. this would be helpful guys if you could help me out.

butch man 12-20-2009 08:29 PM

I would call & see if they will sell you a output gear or send it in & they'll do it for you for a very small fee if they charge you at all,other than for the gear that is.

Happy customers is how they have come to dominate in this segment of RC.

Integra 12-20-2009 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by hobbstimothy (Post 6744973)
question i have an hitec 5955TG and i broke the screw in the main gear were the steering horn connects to. well i took the gear out and i lost it. do you guys think i send it in and them send a new one or were if possible can i find another gear. this would be helpful guys if you could help me out.

Call em...they will take care of you. :nod:

hobbstimothy 12-21-2009 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Integra (Post 6745527)
Call em...they will take care of you. :nod:

does anyone happen to have the number to get ahold of them

GearHd6 12-21-2009 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by hobbstimothy (Post 6747203)
does anyone happen to have the number to get ahold of them

Direct from their website.

"You can always contact our service department @ [email protected] or call (858) 748-8440"

mist467 12-21-2009 12:39 PM

Called em today and they told me to go ahead and send it in hopefully they take care of it the rep told me they would take care of me even though I didn't have the receipt

Tree 12-21-2009 02:03 PM

Hitec warranties are one of the best in the business. I have sent them burned up seros and got new ones within a few days. Because of their great customer service and warranty, I will not use any other servo.