Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good .21 for around $200 ????

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

poinas2, you appear to be confusing youself by arguing just for the sake of arguing at this point.

If you want to run asian engines, be my guest, I'm glad they make you happy but you're not correcting anything, an Italian engine will always outlast a Taiwanese engine, and for what it's worth, a Kyosho will always outlast a Losi too (but not necessarily outperform it).
Old 12-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
#1. European engines in general do outlast asian engines, not opinion, fact. The GO engines are Nova copies, parts are cross compatible, timing specs are the same. Strangely, the GO's do not run as well as the Nova P5 they copy. In the paragraph after you even admit as much.

#2. You have not been there, done that or you wouldn't feel so insulted because you'd know I was right. If engines as good as the europen engines could be made in Asia and for a better price, then it'd already be happening, it's not. FWIW, I never said it was anyone's fault, just the way it is right now.

#3 Werks isn't crap or ripping off his customers, he is making less money per engine (as are ALL the EU brands because of the exchange rate) on purpose, betting that if he offers better stuff for less, he'll earn more customers. It's a gamble and he knows it. Ron (screen name "Werks" on this forum) would be glad to explain that to you himself.

To the OP, buy a european made engine. They are always better and they are no longer more expensive.
Not fact foolio
Old 12-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Just get a Nova and finish a race...

Don't get mad, don't write paragraphs like you are an engine designer, just save some money in the long run and get a Nova.