R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default Novarossi Hard Coated Exhaust Systems

Hello everyone, just wanted to let people know that I will be offering Novarossi Exhaust Systems in a hard coat. Here are a couple samples of the new hardcoated pipes I will be offering. I had the clear and black done for samples and they look outstanding. They are very similar to what you normally see on like the ofna and dynamite hard coat. No more baked on, scuffed up polished pipes. I have already baked oil, dirt and grim onto one and use a steel wire brush and parts cleaner to scrub it down and not a scratch or dull spot on it. These exhaust systems won't cost much more than the bare polished aluminum so it will be well worth the investment to have the hard coated systems. They have the surface texture of case hardened steel for impact damage resistance and maintenace needs but still retain the light weight of aluminum to keep the power to weight ratio of the vehicle at it's best. PM, email or call me for prices and availability. Thanks everyone for your continued support!!

Mark
PowerHouse RC Performance
Attached Thumbnails
Novarossi Hard Coated Exhaust Systems-nova-hardcoat.jpg   Novarossi Hard Coated Exhaust Systems-nova-hardcoat-1.jpg   Novarossi Hard Coated Exhaust Systems-nova-hardcoat-2.jpg  
PowerHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
Tech Master

Here is a good comparison for those who are unfamiliar with what the hard coat does for your exhaust system. Here are a pair of JP1 pipes that were purchased about the same time and have approximately 2 years of runtime on them and the hard coated version looks like new and the bare polished aluminum looks ready for the trash can. This is how the new hard coated Novarossi pipes will hold up after normal wear and tear.
Attached Thumbnails
Novarossi Hard Coated Exhaust Systems-jp1-hard-coat-comparison.jpg  
Old 12-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

you have a website... or where i can order from... and how much would it cost to ship to Toronto, Canada
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can you do pipes we already have ran if so pm me a price by the way they look great mark
littlelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
Tech Master

I will have them on my site in the future but for now you can PM me and order them. I will have the pipes and manifolds coming in this week and then they will get coated and within 2 weeks, I will have them in stock. I will have these available:

Pipes:

9901SS
9853SS

Manifolds:

I can also get pipes coated that have been used. The black pipe in the picture was a used pipe that I had done for myself to see how they turn out and it turned out great. Just have to remember that any scratches, dents or imperfections will show through the hard coat. If anyone wants their pipes hardcoated, you can send them in and I can send them out with the next batch and they will get done with the rest of them. For the used ones, they have to prep them differently so it will be a seperate charge from the regular price of the new pipes getting coated for me. PM me for prices on seperate coatings. Thanks
Old 12-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #6
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I love it. I can never understand why everyone doesn't use this coating. I assume you can do onroad pipes too?
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:09 PM   #7
Tech Master

I can do any pipe I want. It is not cost effective to carry every pipe in existance but I will have pipes getting coated regularly as long as the demand is there so if anyone wants a pipe of their choice coated, send it in and I will send it out with my next batch. I have rough ideas of what they will cost per set new and used but it will depend on the volume I send in so the more the merrier. They do a lot charge so as many that can fit in the tank and right now, they said about 20 full sets will make up a lot so as long as I get 20 sets or close to it each time, it will be the most cost effective route. I can certainly send in a couple at a time but it probably won't be cost effective. We are also going to offer anodized sets for those who want color options. i will send in a couple pieces to get that done so we can see what cool colors will do for the look but I don't know how many people will want red, blue, green, gold, orange, purple etc. as pipes but who knows, maybe there is a market for them. I myself am getting a purple hard coating on all of mine to check out the purple as it is one of the only colors in hard coat that will handle the heat from the EGT. I will post picks after I get them back and who knows, maybe they will look cool? I don't know but if they are doing them free as a sample, why not check it out
Old 12-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #8
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

that is sweet mark!!!!!
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:21 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default sweet

Great Idea man. What about engine cases.???
merdith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:02 AM   #10
Tech Master

Thanks for the support guys! I wanted to offer something different than anyone else as that seems to be my forte based on the look of my port work. I have always loved the hard coat look, ease of cleaning and durability. As far as cases, you are the first to ask. I don't think there will be a market for coated or anodized cases, sorry!
Old 12-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default No prob.

It's probably not good for the case anyhow. Heat retention and so on. I would like my 9853 ss pipe and header to be black. that's too cool. I'll contact you when I want to do it. I just graduated with a BS in Psych. I'm excited to finally get a cool job, and I got accepted to graduate school too. Now I willbe able to afford to race more often, and go out of town more. Good luck with the business man.
merdith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #12
Tech Master

Just wanted to let people know the pipes are in stock and ready to ship!! PM me prices and availability. I will also have another batch going out soon so I will have more in stock shortly if I don't have the color and/or pipe combo you want. Thanks everyone!!
Old 01-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #13
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerHouse View Post
Just wanted to let people know the pipes are in stock and ready to ship!! PM me prices and availability. I will also have another batch going out soon so I will have more in stock shortly if I don't have the color and/or pipe combo you want. Thanks everyone!!
So I guess that answers my question, cant wait to see that pretty pipe so I can hook it to this monster, Mark breakin went great a few more tanks worth about 1/4 gallon and then race tune ready.
JBURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #14
Tech Master

Joe- yours shipped today so you should see it in a couple of days. I told you about the 11th of January and UPS showed up at 3pm on the 11th as promised Let me know how you like it!! Thanks again Joe!!
Old 01-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #15
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerHouse View Post
Joe- yours shipped today so you should see it in a couple of days. I told you about the 11th of January and UPS showed up at 3pm on the 11th as promised Let me know how you like it!! Thanks again Joe!!
I know man, you called it on the exact day another ability or yours LOL. I know you think Im addicted to RC like a crack head and yes your right . I have been nitroless since Sept, cause of the knee. Its killing me to look at this pretty Nova. Its suppose to be 50s this weekend but possible rain imagine that. Dont thank me buddy, Im Thanking you....YOU DA MAN
JBURCH is offline   Reply With Quote