Community
Wiki Posts
Search

help help racing help

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default help help racing help

i have a mamoth st pro put an axial .28 in it an some hole shot tires i was just wondering if i should run stif shock medium shock or soft and wat wait and how can i make my axial mor tourque more acceleration and wat else shhould i do to make it more race worthy thanx
Old 12-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Go to a practice at your local track, I am shure there will be lots of people to guide you in the right direction, specially fine tunning of the engine..
Old 12-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Ya. Usually set up your truck for the track. Change gearing so it just reaches top speed by the end of your longest straightaway. And shocks to handle MOST of the track the best and comprimise less. If you have smooth track with large jumps set up stiff shocks. If rough track with smaller jumps set them up soft etc.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by slasher man
i have a mamoth st pro put an axial .28 in it an some hole shot tires i was just wondering if i should run stif shock medium shock or soft and wat wait and how can i make my axial mor tourque more acceleration and wat else shhould i do to make it more race worthy thanx
Should have posted in the monster truck thread they could help
Old 12-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I don't know if the mammoth pro has any chassis braces, but you will have to try not to wreck that thing. The chassis bends real easy off jumps.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyromania
I don't know if the mammoth pro has any chassis braces, but you will have to try not to wreck that thing. The chassis bends real easy off jumps.
The ST Pro has chassis braces galore
Old 12-16-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

k kool its a truggy by the way and wat about the shock oil weight
Old 12-16-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Slasher man,

My apologies in advance, I'm not trying to put you or your truck down... that truck is probably a fine basher.

It will never be race-worthy. The engine is WAY too far back in the chassis to be able to turn like the race trucks. It doesn't have big bore shocks (nor would I suggest you spend the money to get them for that.)

It has a 2-speed (according to the specs I can find on the web) so it isn't class legal as a truggy.

It is really unfortunate that manufacturers promote stuff like this. And honestly, the PARTS quality looks ok... but there is a reason it costs so much less.

With smaller bore shocks like that you're going to want to run fairly heavy shock oil. Something like 55 front 50 rear will be a decent starting point... but it is hard to say without knowing what shock pistons it has. Also the spring rates may not be well matched to that. Try it as a starting point.

Try 10k front, 10k center, 5k rear as a starting point for diff fluids.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Slasher man,

My apologies in advance, I'm not trying to put you or your truck down... that truck is probably a fine basher.

It will never be race-worthy. The engine is WAY too far back in the chassis to be able to turn like the race trucks. It doesn't have big bore shocks (nor would I suggest you spend the money to get them for that.)

It has a 2-speed (according to the specs I can find on the web) so it isn't class legal as a truggy.

It is really unfortunate that manufacturers promote stuff like this. And honestly, the PARTS quality looks ok... but there is a reason it costs so much less.
With smaller bore shocks like that you're going to want to run fairly heavy shock oil. Something like 55 front 50 rear will be a decent starting point... but it is hard to say without knowing what shock pistons it has. Also the spring rates may not be well matched to that. Try it as a starting point.

Well said....
Please don't spend money on that "truck" making it race worth it, bash it learn how to drive and then get something proper for racing, you can get a 1 season old top nocth roller for the same or less than you paid for that truck, and usually people throw in same spares....
Any way please do not get offended, got out and have a good time.
All these knock off R/C's give the proper manufactures a bad reputation to the ones getting in to the hobby........
Old 12-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Slasher man,

Parts quality actually really sucks. You would need to dump a lot of money into that thing just to get it to hold up during a race. The truck is way heavier than anything out right now and those little 10th scale shocks are just rubbish. I believe that the mammoth was replaced by another "Race worthy truck " now so parts may be a problem.

I'm not trying to flame the truck, but the truth hurts.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

k yhanx i am thinking of selling this to get a sh xmxb anny way
Old 12-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by slasher man
k yhanx i am thinking of selling this to get a sh xmxb anny way
You might want to ask around a bit before jumping into another one.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

k i have mbeen researchiing this buggy for a while but whatss is better buggy or truggy
Old 12-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Neither is "better," they're just different. Buggies are more agile, things happen quicker. Truggies are easier to drive. They are about equally fast- buggies are generally quicker on tight, technical tracks, especially if they are smoother. Truggies are quicker on more open tracks, or rough, blown-out tracks.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Neither is "better," they're just different. Buggies are more agile, things happen quicker. Truggies are easier to drive. They are about equally fast- buggies are generally quicker on tight, technical tracks, especially if they are smoother. Truggies are quicker on more open tracks, or rough, blown-out tracks.
is the sh z car truggy good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.