R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle311 View Post
I believe Mikes is indoor
Mike's is electric only.

Indy R/C World in Garland is nitro indoor. That's our "home track."

www.indyrcworld.net

And right next door in the gas station are the best tacos in the DFW area... and no, I'm not kidding. Plan lunch from there... and be hungry!
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Cool thanks!
TopGearRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:42 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to helgso

I captured 2 videos for you to see the problem with the throttle return spring. Video 1 shows the failure of the throttle return spring to close the carb if the kit goes out of electricity, and the second video shows the throttle return spring replaced with 2 Goody Ouchless rubber bands capable of closing the carb, but then the servo hasn't enough power to open the carb fully. Please take a look at the videos for me (link below). I need a new servo, right?

P.s. I told you before I had to rotate the carb to being able to access the low speed needle, but then the servo wouldn't have a straight pull. I have now rotated the carb back so the throttle servo has a straight pull.

Videos: http://www.tv.is/vefir/helgi/Videos.zip
helgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgso View Post
I captured 2 videos for you to see the problem with the throttle return spring. Video 1 shows the failure of the throttle return spring to close the carb if the kit goes out of electricity, and the second video shows the throttle return spring replaced with 2 Goody Ouchless rubber bands capable of closing the carb, but then the servo hasn't enough power to open the carb fully. Please take a look at the videos for me (link below). I need a new servo, right?

P.s. I told you before I had to rotate the carb to being able to access the low speed needle, but then the servo wouldn't have a straight pull. I have now rotated the carb back so the throttle servo has a straight pull.

Videos: http://www.tv.is/vefir/helgi/Videos.zip
I would say that the servo is too weak.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to helgso

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
I would say that the servo is too weak.
Thanks a lot for the reply man! I will get that awesome servo HiTec HS-7955TG which is btw 7.4 times more powerful than my current servo xD

But won't it then consume a lot more energy, so the battery onboard the kit will sooner run dry? Will a rechargeable flat battery pack last longer than AA batteries, I'm planning on getting one of those flat battery packs.
helgso is offline   Reply With Quote