R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default zo1b or losi 8 2.0

what are the handling differences between the two buggies? i know the zo1 is alot sturdier but how does it handle compared to the 8
Old 12-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have the Z01b team and have run my friends losi 2.0 many times. It pains me to say this but i actually like the losi 2.0 more. I didnt care much for the losi 1.0 but they really made improvements with the 2.0. the Z01b is much more planted i loved this when i first got it but after running the buggy for about 4-5 months now I am liking the looser, lighter feeling buggy. both are great and you can win with both, it comes down to personal preference. the one thing i really like about the Z01b is that its really strong, I rarely break parts. the losi is nicer to work on though. with the O'Donnell car you will get the best customer service in the industry, Steve O'Donnell has called me to talk about whatever problems i am having with the car and always offers advice. you will get 100 different opinions on this one. the one piece of advice i can give is that if you decide to get the Z01b get the team edition it is much better then the 1st version. hope this helps
fievel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i appreciate it. thanks for the feedback. I am running a losi now and have no complaints besides the fact that It seems like it has slow corner speed
Old 12-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

O'donnell costumer service is top notch, steve odonnell goes over the top and goes out of the way for his costumers. i have seen him help big time for the guys who even bought one used. if you have a problem with it post something and he will call you and help as much as he can. he stayed on the phone for 40 min on night with my dad giving him tips on the buggy and all my dad had was a simple question about one of the CVDs. i think its worth the costumer service to get one and there tuff as nails. but like the guy before go with what you like and what you think almost everyone will say losi but IMO they are just not that tuff and i would rather have less maintenance and just make up my speed some other way. but i drove the odonnell buggy of my dads and picked up atleast a second on my lap time after 2 laps with it and i usually get top 5 in pro buggy here in georgia.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Xray 810!

Whoops, nevermind. Do they still make the Zoib? Na, get the Losi. Odonnel built thier car well, but its time to scrap that old desighn and build a O'donnel ZoLosi2ib.

Last edited by Zerodefect; 12-14-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: starbucks
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:49 AM   #6
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
Xray 810!

Whoops, nevermind. Do they still make the Zoib? Na, get the Losi. Odonnel built thier car well, but its time to scrap that old desighn and build a O'donnel ZoLosi2ib.

Get the losi. I have been driving one for 3 months and I love it. It has takn me awhile to get use to the buggy as I have always driven truggys but I am finally getting the hang of it. The losi is an easy car to work on and it has the newest tech in it. There's my 2 cents.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:15 AM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Losi/Z01B

We've had both car and currently have the 2.0, what the guys are saying about the O'donnel customer service is true, top notch, the Team edition is a far better handling car with lots of steering, we dropped the Z01B since we couldn't finish a race, to many broken parts, 7 in a row. Once we got the 2.0 my son has 3 podiums out of 4 races. I know theres guys thats gonna dispute this, but its my opinion,
akiyama77 is offline   Reply With Quote