R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   KYOSHO SE (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/351597-kyosho-se.html)

Mark Erce 12-13-2009 05:38 PM

KYOSHO SE

so i did a forum search to see if there's any talk about the new lower priced kyosho se and of course everytime a search for something on here it leads me to everything but what i'm searching for:flaming: anyways i'm thinking about getting one for next year. i've never ran a k-car and i always driven mugens but i just want to try something different. i just wanted to know everyones likes and dislikes about the car. any other useful tips would be appreciated! thx

walidelagamy 12-13-2009 08:24 PM

Kyosho se

The kyosho mp9 and mp9se are almost the same, the se has the medium rear tower and medium springs(shorter). That is currently what I am running. The car is very stable and still nimble. If you want info on the mp9, I would check their thread. There is a bunch of guys ready to answer all your questions....

Walid

Mark Erce 12-13-2009 09:01 PM

ok thx!

Trevor Williams 12-14-2009 07:17 AM

Mark,
why go with a car there will be NO track support for? just curious, but GL with your new car man, cant wait until it warms up :) Xray baby! :nod:

pitpop 12-14-2009 01:28 PM

are you saying there's more track support for Xray than Kyosho? :lol: what country are you from? :)

pitpop 12-14-2009 01:33 PM

ercerc8 here is the MP9 thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...hread-190.html

you will get better support and quicker answers in there, a lot of people check it. Pretty much all the forum banter is about the SE as all the team guys run the M tower.

The SE is a great car. It lasts longer than the TKI edition because of the harder pivot balls and updated bulkheads.

Mark Erce 12-14-2009 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by pitpop (Post 6718676)
ercerc8 here is the MP9 thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...hread-190.html

you will get better support and quicker answers in there, a lot of people check it. Pretty much all the forum banter is about the SE as all the team guys run the M tower.

The SE is a great car. It lasts longer than the TKI edition because of the harder pivot balls and updated bulkheads.

cool thx! looks like i got some reading to do:nod:

Mark Erce 12-14-2009 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams (Post 6717198)
Mark,
why go with a car there will be NO track support for? just curious, but GL with your new car man, cant wait until it warms up :) Xray baby! :nod:

well big john convinced me to run a k-car with him. since we do pit together and between me and him we will have tons of spares. its just ridiculous how expensive 1/8th buggies have gotten. looks like mugen and hot bodies are the only ones that like to sell affordable cars. too bad i already tried a mugen and i'm def not going to get a hot bodies and a jammin weighs as much as a small volkswagon:lol:i think your gonna see kyosho coming back to our track like it used to back in the day with the inferno 7.5!

Trevor Williams 12-14-2009 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by pitpop (Post 6718646)
are you saying there's more track support for Xray than Kyosho? :lol: what country are you from? :)

Im from the US Paul..and not only am I saying it, it's a fact........We race at ST Louis DB's so yes Xray has better parts support/setup support by a long shot.......anyways, gl with the Kyo Mark, John loves his...I wasnt baggin on the mp9 PK....just saying ;)

Frank L 12-14-2009 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by ercerc8 (Post 6719154)
well big john convinced me to run a k-car with him. since we do pit together and between me and him we will have tons of spares. its just ridiculous how expensive 1/8th buggies have gotten. looks like mugen and hot bodies are the only ones that like to sell affordable cars. too bad i already tried a mugen and i'm def not going to get a hot bodies and a jammin weighs as much as a small volkswagon:lol:i think your gonna see kyosho coming back to our track like it used to back in the day with the inferno 7.5!

Not here in CA the tracks are dominated by losi and mugen is a second. There are alot of hot bodies but they dont seem to hold up long (I know someone will say they do but they dont). Even the faithful K car guys have gone losi. I would still say losi has the best track support around.

pitpop 12-14-2009 08:29 PM

I would say Kyosho is gaining. Lately more people are switching to Kyosho because they are sick of working on the cars all the time. This thread is a good example of that.

Mark, is Nigel still at DB? You can get support from him too. I know you can because I got parts from him once. :lol:

houston 12-14-2009 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by pitpop (Post 6720545)
I would say Kyosho is gaining. Lately more people are switching to Kyosho because they are sick of working on the cars all the time. This thread is a good example of that.

Mark, is Nigel still at DB? You can get support from him too. I know you can because I got parts from him once. :lol:

what do you know ?????

:lol::lol::lol:

hi paul ;)

hows it been ? you guys finally settling down a little ?

lil xmas break ?

its monty

Trevor Williams 12-14-2009 08:48 PM

yeah Paul.........Nigel is there from time to time.

Hi Monty :p

pitpop 12-14-2009 09:00 PM

Hi Monty. Yes we are decompressing here over the holidays. A little electric racing, then right back at it in January. CRCRC next month.

I'm not just blowing smoke up your butts guys, I'm getting a lot of PMs from people and posts, "hey PK, got a set-up? I just switched back to Kyosho."

who came up with that "blowing smoke up your ass" anyway? where the heck did that saying come from? :lol:

sp2thielen 12-15-2009 08:49 AM

i believe its an old medical practice. they used a billows to literly blow smoke up your arse. can remember what it was susposed to fix. will have to look that up. dosent sound pleasent. happy holidays

well here it is!

Tobacco Smoke Enema (1750-1810)
The tobacco enema was used to infuse tobacco smoke into a patient’s rectum for various medical purposes, primarily the resuscitation of drowning victims. A rectal tube inserted into the anus was connected to a fumigator and bellows that forced the smoke towards the rectum. The warmth of the smoke was thought to promote respiration, but doubts about the credibility of tobacco enemas led to its disappearence and the popular phrase “blow smoke up one’s ass.