R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-12-2009, 05:59 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR

Looking to get my first Nitro buggy. I've built 1/10 kits in the past so I am not completely new. What do you all think of the rtr? It comes with a nice radio and starter box
JayBuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well worth it,as many people have bought them and are pleased.
You need to adjust servo travel in saving them before they burn out.Other wise that's about it.
Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
well worth it,as many people have bought them and are pleased.
You need to adjust servo travel in saving them before they burn out.Other wise that's about it.
How good is it as a racer out of the box? Will I need to upgrade the chassis?
JayBuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBuc View Post
How good is it as a racer out of the box? Will I need to upgrade the chassis?
they are super capable out of the box ...run the stock chassis until its worn....then pick up a race roller chasis off ebay for a good deal ....they are the single best rtr out of the box ..that i have SEEN ...upgrade your servos and call it a day

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zixxer View Post
they are super capable out of the box ...run the stock chassis until its worn....then pick up a race roller chasis off ebay for a good deal ....they are the single best rtr out of the box ..that i have SEEN ...upgrade your servos and call it a day
+1 on the servos. After that go have fun and just learn as you go.
WWW.JCPRCRACEWAY.COM
Tate72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:56 AM   #6
Tech Regular

i have a rtr that i sold off parts and bought parts for on ebay. the car can win races out of the box. even more important then servos if you plan
to race i think (and cheaper) are tires. the rtr tires are good to break in motor thats about it
Old 12-13-2009, 06:04 AM   #7

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i ran 1 last summer just to have some fun w/some nitro buddies despite being a hardened electric racer.

simply the best RTR kit (elec or nitro) i've ever seen. losi has folks at other manufs fallin all over themselves to offer a package as nice as that for the price they ask. change out ur servos for some good units. buy the mach .26 metal carb link and chuck the plastic 1 (6bux) and just go kick butt.

she's tough too. 15car Afinal, missed wreck and was running 2nd just easing away from the qroup but not quick enuff for leader when i broke a shock over a roller (well the end ripped out freak deal), 3min of a 30min final and i wont get to run it. well i kept going. after a couple laps rolling the huge rear jump, i did it every lap afterwards just a lil nose high to let rear take more of hit. i eased thru rhythm jumps and on straights kept it pinned so frontend wouldnt catch a dirtball or rock peakin thru.

end of 30min, i was 4th overall 1/2 lap from gettin my ugly mug in the pictures and a lil bread in my pocket.

get seattime with it and then take that motor and give it a re11 (long track) or re10 (short track), the turbo head conversion, and some 30% and be prepared to shock ur ninja and vspec buddies. that motor is stupid easy to make run well and steady and fast. no need to change it. believe it or not losi factory drivers use it for club racing, no joke.

have fun, great piece. i dont like nitro but i will never speak ill bout that car.

R

PS-keep the steppin tires, if it loams up bad, u'll look like a smart electric racer , aka crossbraces are simply beautiful though. in summation. change ur servos, that carb link, rx lipo in future but htey give u a nice nimh pack so use it. when the stock chassis dies, order a BCE unit (less than a factory chassis and better), hell i'm lookin down at the floor and i see a new RTR chassis and towers. so if u need them, i'll send em to ya.
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:17 AM   #8
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I bought the rtr 2.0t broke in the motor with 4 tanks of fuel. 5 days later I ran in our intermediate truggy class at our pro series event and tq'ed and won. I all I can say is I ran it right out of the box and only changed servos. The motor is insane all it is a dynamite engine with a losi head on it. I talked to Adam Drake at the horizon shootout and he said the chassis works just as good as the race roller chassis and to only upgrade when the chassis gets worn out. By the way I finished 29th in the truggy clas with an rtr out 80 truggys. My previous gas car was an RC8 which I like alot but not much as my Losi RTR 2.0t. Just my 2 cents. Chris
SLIM6971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:49 PM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

great buggy soo glad that I got one, it keeps up with all the guys at my local track if only I could keep up tho! the engine is great it idles for days, runs on 30% at about 220 degrees, couldn't be any happier
Old 12-13-2009, 10:53 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

here is a picture of it next to my rc8e
Attached Thumbnails
Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR-8ight-2.0-rc8e-022.jpg