R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rit Dye and wheels?

I have dyed wheels from white to black...however, I want to dye a set from white to yellow. I dont want a dull yellow, I want a yellow like the proline wheels or the AKA wheels. Has anyone dyed with yellow? How did it look? Pictures? Thanks for your thoughts and assistance!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Dizzle View Post
I have dyed wheels from white to black...however, I want to dye a set from white to yellow. I dont want a dull yellow, I want a yellow like the proline wheels or the AKA wheels. Has anyone dyed with yellow? How did it look? Pictures? Thanks for your thoughts and assistance!
Basically the longer you let them boil the darker the color will be...... but the bigger issue is what kind of wheels are you dyeing? some have more ABS than nylon and wont absorb the dye. Nylon is a much more expensive material to use in molding and more and more manfacturers are cutting costs and adding ABS to save a few cents. If anything this will let you know if the wheels you have are good quality or not. If the yellow comes out like a mustard color and not bright....... you got some cheapies on your hands.