R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-13-2009, 10:48 PM   #121
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
Lighten up Francis!

If they crash humorously its ok to smile and chuckle a little. Just a little, right?
Pointing laughing and throwing rotten fruit at them, crosses the lines.

Truggies that cartwheel halfway down the straight slamming into a wall shattering into pieces, ok maybe a smile..........finding his personal transponder 40 yards away in someones pizza= hilarious.
That's Gold! I'd be one of the truggies Cartwheeling.... Feel extremely sorry for the guy, but that's gold!
MassiveMods A Main Blue Dot C2
Spectrum DX3R, 2 x Ace 1015
Blackie001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:20 AM   #122
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RE View Post
....if you call someone francis

..but seriously, the guys that sit and make smart ass comments and laugh at most of the sportsman race, it's not cool.
Bah... send them to our track. They can laugh at me... I'll laugh with them.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:15 AM   #123
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Lighten up Francis!

If they crash humorously its ok to smile and chuckle a little. Just a little, right?
Pointing laughing and throwing rotten fruit at them, crosses the lines.

Truggies that cartwheel halfway down the straight slamming into a wall shattering into pieces, ok maybe a smile..........finding his personal transponder 40 yards away in someones pizza= hilarious.
lol. you fellas are funny, do you know how much time & effort goes into a perfect cartwheel at full song down the back straight just to entertain you fellas ?
how many of you fellas would go & give him a hand with his setup & show him how to set up his radio properly to be able to avoid such costly entertainment?
wish we had pizza at our track, most of the time you have to take your own vegimite sandwiches!!! lol
cheerin, top thread, best i've read, keep it comin
MAGPIE-121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #124
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

my club races on a public track at a public park. it is an oval with a SC infield. There are a couple track jerks around. The first ones are the kids that ride their little dirtbikes on the short course or the kid that drives his gocart on the track on non race days. Those kids are track jerks.

The other ones that get me are the ones that complain about the condition of the track and they feel that the club should rehab the track for their personal use on non race days.. these are the same people that don't come to race, or don't rehab the track, or don't support the club. the club puts on races every saturday and gets to the track at 9am to work it when the racing starts at 1pm. the county would just as soon turn the track into shuffleboard courts than maintain it. those guys are track jerks.

our club has its fair share of non turn marshalling racers. I trun marshal 1/2 the races there cause i like to do it. i like to see the cars/trucks running and don't mind flipping over a wrecked car or snapping a ball end on that came loose.

i came to this section of threads for a purpose and found this one and was rather entertained. some of the nitro experts out there, check out my other thread to see my question as i do not want to hijack this thread.

ben
bschanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #125

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

if you ask for help/assistance/advice etc then dont take, piss on it, or tell others i'm full of shite b/c its not what u wanna hear.

if you (plural) wait for the some1 else to open up their laptop and spend the rest of the day askin the guy to let you and every1 else plug their car in to tune on it (tekin hotwire, castle ilink, GM etc).

if in practice u try and drive ur truggy harder b/c u see a gas truck in front of you.

if you have an instinctual ability to use others as a brake.

if you say at any time that 'he won b/c he's sponsored'

if you constantly seek 'sponsErs'

if you have to change your shirt, hold up your radio and/or a fuel jug for your intermediate/sportsman buggy club win photo

if you spray bomb your bodies at the track with no regard to where the paint that doesnt land on ur body goes (others cars, tents, tables, in my face on my stuff etc)

if u cant bend over to marshall a car, know it, and thus kick the car over.

if u 'warmup' ur nitro on the bench

if u 'field tune' your buggy with WOT throttle runs back n forth thru the pits

if you cant control your young children that u bring along to the track with you

if you take a starter box battery outta some1 elses unit to power up your own in a pinch...and not bother to put it back, let alone tell the poor soul that wont be able to fire his/her next rd.

if you piss and moan bout every track layout b/c it doesnt suite u this wk.

if you hate having to wait to warmup b/c the track must help the handicapped guy get up to the stand 1st.

if at some point someone has to remind you how many things u've bummed off of them w/o thought of returnin the favor.

if you race every car near you like its for position...

...even if you have already flamed out 4 times already.

if you think using paragon outside and bringin car in is ok per the rules

if you dick with a guy/gal's real car b/c they beat you (mirrors, tire deflate, rude msgs, 'wash me=dirty language').

if you yell at a race director....for any reason.

if you think 'team orders' are a part of racing RC just like F1.

if you think pullin rocks outta the track and tossing them in a likely marshall position is an improvement.

if you come on and voice everything thats wrong with the other racers and the track etc just b/c it makes you feel better.

if you force the PA man to have to yell out for marshals startling or annoyin every1 in attendance.

if you bail after not bumping up as to duck a 15,20,30, or even 45min main marshall.

if you poke fun at other people and what they choose to run.

if you make no effort to help new folks feel welcome and help the hobby.

if you do not make an effort to adhere to every rule the track has put forth.

if you make attempts to get track shut down (thru county, state, municipal, township, legal channels etc) out of spite.

if you sway back n forth more than a bunch of kids on e listening to drum/bass on the drivers stand.

if you steal, and people know u do, and you know that people know u do.

if you threaten someone over racing these toy cars. online, in person, writing, implied thru others etc.

if you think driving backwards on the track during warmup serves some greater good to your upcoming qualifier

if you and your buddies see no wrong to firing your engines up during an electric round.

if a father/mother comes lookin for you b/c you yelled and made their kid cry for turning his traxxas on by mistake and u still use 27mhz.

if you destroy the bathroom and make no effort to treat it like ur own broom.

if you nick some1 else's identical glow ignitor because your is dead and their's isnt.

if you under any circumstance go 'days of thunder' on some1 or their car after the race.

if you blast over the pipes to get back on track (or even end up cutting track) while marshall is goin out in harm's way to get you, meanwhile not havin regard for tearing up the pipes themselves

if you continue to make practice laps when the director calls track closed.
addenda: if you make extra laps after ur qualifier is over when its expressed that ur not allowed to do so.

if you go to other tracks and tell people that track is dead, no1 races there anymore etc.

if you cant make the triple jump, u've wrecked 6 times on it, and u still yell at the marshall who is sweatin like mad, tryin to breath, now has a bum ankle b/c he's not movin as fast as you want. double-single it next time. hell roll all 3.

if your unable to grasp 'alcohol prohibited on the premises'

if you piss behind the driver's stand thinking no one will see/hear/smell etc.

if you and your buddies' idea of marshallin is hangin out in the same turn talkin bout ur heat instead of watchin the next 1

if you have no clue what it means to 'leave no trace' at day's end.

if you cant get thru a heat without using your cell phone.

if you think marshalling while using your ipod is ok.

if you cuss out, talk down to or about, hit, or dispect your old lady at the track.

if you are closed-minded and dismiss folks chiming in with their .02 or even volunteering to help with the track operations.

if you cheer 'against' anybody. just cheer for someone instead.

if you deface a part of the track or stand b/c ur not happy or its a spot u dont like

if you (dont blame the engine, blame the tuner) have a common history of runnin up an down the stand b/c of ur car havin issues to point it distracts other racers.

if you give grief to another racer going up on the stand and taking 'your spot'.

if you have spektrum and still intentionally put ur crystalset antenna up.

if you cheat...in any fashion.

if you cheat....at a charity race. thats just different, but still so wrong.

if you send your young kid out to marshall for you every rd b/c your gear needs your immediate attention everytime.

if you feel that your entitled to not marshall b/c u broke and fixing it now is better than in 10min for your next heat an hour later.

if your still here reading that 'ultra' guy shoot off at the fingers bout track jerks all this time. ha. there now i feel better.

R

PS-AND SADLY THE 1 THAT I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE IN OVER 20YRS OF RC.

your the father of the 7yr old that gets throw outta the track for cussing at the marshalls and slammin his radio down b/c he 'wants to win' and isnt during a heat race.

it happened this summer, couldnt believe it and every1 else there would agree b/c we all stopped. even called his father who was marshallin an ass. stupendous!

Last edited by ultegrasti; 12-14-2009 at 06:45 PM.
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:57 PM   #126
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wow that was a hella of a read. I 've seen the same thing at my kid's baseball games. dad's cursing and gettin the boot.
Blackjack 26
Aka: Deebo, Poppa Pump / Busted Knuckle Wheelin' / Henchmen Racing
dnebout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:10 PM   #127
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You might be a manufacture jerk,if you sell the Kyosho mini inferno elect ST @ $200 and you can't even put a hitec servo in it. Because the one that it comes can't turn the tires,full at stop, on your carpet & has 4 wires. $200 so your daughter can play around in the house,$25 rechargeable battery, $100+ to upgrade any one part completely proprietary electronic system PRICELESS .
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #128

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnebout View Post
Wow that was a hella of a read. I 've seen the same thing at my kid's baseball games. dad's cursing and gettin the boot.
no, it was the kid who got booted!

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #129
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschanz View Post
my club races on a public track at a public park. it is an oval with a SC infield. There are a couple track jerks around. The first ones are the kids that ride their little dirtbikes on the short course or the kid that drives his gocart on the track on non race days. Those kids are track jerks.

The other ones that get me are the ones that complain about the condition of the track and they feel that the club should rehab the track for their personal use on non race days.. these are the same people that don't come to race, or don't rehab the track, or don't support the club. the club puts on races every saturday and gets to the track at 9am to work it when the racing starts at 1pm. the county would just as soon turn the track into shuffleboard courts than maintain it. those guys are track jerks.

our club has its fair share of non turn marshalling racers. I trun marshal 1/2 the races there cause i like to do it. i like to see the cars/trucks running and don't mind flipping over a wrecked car or snapping a ball end on that came loose.

i came to this section of threads for a purpose and found this one and was rather entertained. some of the nitro experts out there, check out my other thread to see my question as i do not want to hijack this thread.

ben
You wouldnt happen to be from Georgia would ya? lol
JASON671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #130
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE-121 View Post
lol. you fellas are funny, do you know how much time & effort goes into a perfect cartwheel at full song down the back straight just to entertain you fellas ?
how many of you fellas would go & give him a hand with his setup & show him how to set up his radio properly to be able to avoid such costly entertainment?
wish we had pizza at our track, most of the time you have to take your own vegimite sandwiches!!! lol
cheerin, top thread, best i've read, keep it comin
I did help him tune his radio. I checked his expo, epa, then popped out his AA batteries and threw them in the river!

Need a new track rule: more than 10 crashes needing a marshal in a qual = remedial Slash class training.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #131
Tech Fanatic

...... if you think it's cool to blast music through the track PA during the A-MAIN because your bored & don't want to come help marshal !!!! FW
Old 12-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #132
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
I did help him tune his radio. I checked his expo, epa, then popped out his AA batteries and threw them in the river!

Need a new track rule: more than 10 crashes needing a marshal in a qual = remedial Slash class training.
tsk tsk tsk you're supposed to throw the TRUGGY into the river... not the batteries!
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #133
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
if you ask for help/assistance/advice etc then dont take, piss on it, or tell others i'm full of shite b/c its not what u wanna hear.

if you (plural) wait for the some1 else to open up their laptop and spend the rest of the day askin the guy to let you and every1 else plug their car in to tune on it (tekin hotwire, castle ilink, GM etc).

if in practice u try and drive ur truggy harder b/c u see a gas truck in front of you.

if you have an instinctual ability to use others as a brake.

if you say at any time that 'he won b/c he's sponsored'

if you constantly seek 'sponsErs'

if you have to change your shirt, hold up your radio and/or a fuel jug for your intermediate/sportsman buggy club win photo

if you spray bomb your bodies at the track with no regard to where the paint that doesnt land on ur body goes (others cars, tents, tables, in my face on my stuff etc)

if u cant bend over to marshall a car, know it, and thus kick the car over.

if u 'warmup' ur nitro on the bench

if u 'field tune' your buggy with WOT throttle runs back n forth thru the pits

if you cant control your young children that u bring along to the track with you

if you take a starter box battery outta some1 elses unit to power up your own in a pinch...and not bother to put it back, let alone tell the poor soul that wont be able to fire his/her next rd.

if you piss and moan bout every track layout b/c it doesnt suite u this wk.

if you hate having to wait to warmup b/c the track must help the handicapped guy get up to the stand 1st.

if at some point someone has to remind you how many things u've bummed off of them w/o thought of returnin the favor.

if you race every car near you like its for position...

...even if you have already flamed out 4 times already.

if you think using paragon outside and bringin car in is ok per the rules

if you dick with a guy/gal's real car b/c they beat you (mirrors, tire deflate, rude msgs, 'wash me=dirty language').

if you yell at a race director....for any reason.

if you think 'team orders' are a part of racing RC just like F1.

if you think pullin rocks outta the track and tossing them in a likely marshall position is an improvement.

if you come on and voice everything thats wrong with the other racers and the track etc just b/c it makes you feel better.

if you force the PA man to have to yell out for marshals startling or annoyin every1 in attendance.

if you bail after not bumping up as to duck a 15,20,30, or even 45min main marshall.

if you poke fun at other people and what they choose to run.

if you make no effort to help new folks feel welcome and help the hobby.

if you do not make an effort to adhere to every rule the track has put forth.

if you make attempts to get track shut down (thru county, state, municipal, township, legal channels etc) out of spite.

if you sway back n forth more than a bunch of kids on e listening to drum/bass on the drivers stand.

if you steal, and people know u do, and you know that people know u do.

if you threaten someone over racing these toy cars. online, in person, writing, implied thru others etc.

if you think driving backwards on the track during warmup serves some greater good to your upcoming qualifier

if you and your buddies see no wrong to firing your engines up during an electric round.

if a father/mother comes lookin for you b/c you yelled and made their kid cry for turning his traxxas on by mistake and u still use 27mhz.

if you destroy the bathroom and make no effort to treat it like ur own broom.

if you nick some1 else's identical glow ignitor because your is dead and their's isnt.

if you under any circumstance go 'days of thunder' on some1 or their car after the race.

if you blast over the pipes to get back on track (or even end up cutting track) while marshall is goin out in harm's way to get you, meanwhile not havin regard for tearing up the pipes themselves

if you continue to make practice laps when the director calls track closed.
addenda: if you make extra laps after ur qualifier is over when its expressed that ur not allowed to do so.

if you go to other tracks and tell people that track is dead, no1 races there anymore etc.

if you cant make the triple jump, u've wrecked 6 times on it, and u still yell at the marshall who is sweatin like mad, tryin to breath, now has a bum ankle b/c he's not movin as fast as you want. double-single it next time. hell roll all 3.

if your unable to grasp 'alcohol prohibited on the premises'

if you piss behind the driver's stand thinking no one will see/hear/smell etc.

if you and your buddies' idea of marshallin is hangin out in the same turn talkin bout ur heat instead of watchin the next 1

if you have no clue what it means to 'leave no trace' at day's end.

if you cant get thru a heat without using your cell phone.

if you think marshalling while using your ipod is ok.

if you cuss out, talk down to or about, hit, or dispect your old lady at the track.

if you are closed-minded and dismiss folks chiming in with their .02 or even volunteering to help with the track operations.

if you cheer 'against' anybody. just cheer for someone instead.

if you deface a part of the track or stand b/c ur not happy or its a spot u dont like

if you (dont blame the engine, blame the tuner) have a common history of runnin up an down the stand b/c of ur car havin issues to point it distracts other racers.

if you give grief to another racer going up on the stand and taking 'your spot'.

if you have spektrum and still intentionally put ur crystalset antenna up.

if you cheat...in any fashion.

if you cheat....at a charity race. thats just different, but still so wrong.

if you send your young kid out to marshall for you every rd b/c your gear needs your immediate attention everytime.

if you feel that your entitled to not marshall b/c u broke and fixing it now is better than in 10min for your next heat an hour later.

if your still here reading that 'ultra' guy shoot off at the fingers bout track jerks all this time. ha. there now i feel better.

R

PS-AND SADLY THE 1 THAT I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE IN OVER 20YRS OF RC.

your the father of the 7yr old that gets throw outta the track for cussing at the marshalls and slammin his radio down b/c he 'wants to win' and isnt during a heat race.

it happened this summer, couldnt believe it and every1 else there would agree b/c we all stopped. even called his father who was marshallin an ass. stupendous!
I’m glad you got that out, I feel that an axe murdering rampage was avoided tonight.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:23 PM   #134
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

We've all gotta start somewhere bud, it's what keeps our hobby alive.
persistence & a helping hand goes a long way in this hobby.
onya for helping, but with some it's a lost cause & they eventually move back to the armchair & an rc they can handle.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #135
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
tsk tsk tsk you're supposed to throw the TRUGGY into the river... not the batteries!
some of it made it to the river, some scattered across the track, some landed in my darn pizza! I've got a good work ethic, but I really don't want to scrape that off the track on a sat.

oddly enough, being one of the new Losi "walleye editions" -2.0, the body up and swam away.

You might be a track jerk if:
-you recommend you sponsors product knowing full well they're garbage
-you need to clean the shelfs at the hobby shop, so you sell a newbie the wrong car telling him lies about the classes he can race it in.
-recommend products you own, but aren't working to hot for you, because your embarrassed that you screwed up
-buy products from china, slap your sticker on them, and mark them up 400%. Basicly if you have anything to do with selling lipos.
-too much of a wuss to marshall a 30 min main and the club is stuck with short 15 min mains because of your gay wineing.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote