Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DO PANTHER TIRES LAST LONG?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default DO PANTHER TIRES LAST LONG?

would like to ask you guys if its worth buying sets of panther tires mostly komodo dragon II,do they last long in race?or do they hold up like the proline tyres?panthers are a bit cheaper than proline,aka,vp-pro..
Old 12-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

With tires, longevity is all related to application and compound. I think Panther rubber is very good, but you need to make sure you use the right compound in the right situation. Komodo 2s are fantastic. I would make sure to use a softer compound in cool weather or damp conditions and a harder tire in hotter more abrasive conditions.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have used panther tires before and the wear was kinda quick on a hard packed surface, by far now the best tires I have used are VP PRO USA tires (http://www.vp-pro-usa.com). They have several different tread patterns that suite what ever track conditions, they have the best wear of any tires I have tried. Blue groove track and I ran Cutoffs for 3 5min quals and 45 min main and still had over 80% left. Not only do they have great tires but other accesories as well best fuel gun ever used.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default panther

Run ofna foams in panther tires the stock foams will blow out and deteriorate first time you wash them
Old 12-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JBURCH
I have used panther tires before and the wear was kinda quick on a hard packed surface, by far now the best tires I have used are VP PRO USA tires (http://www.vp-pro-usa.com). They have several different tread patterns that suite what ever track conditions, they have the best wear of any tires I have tried. Blue groove track and I ran Cutoffs for 3 5min quals and 45 min main and still had over 80% left. Not only do they have great tires but other accesories as well best fuel gun ever used.

LOL Just look in the sig block you will understand this post LOL
Old 12-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

There have been some new tires come out since I stopped running buggy... (a bit over a year) but by far my favorite tires were Panther Komodo Dragons (the original, not the II) I wish they made those for truggy!!! Wear is about average.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

Panther tires last alot longer then Proline. The komodo 2's last a long time if you use the right compound for your track. I have found that the K2's seem to work on just about every kind of track surface. You wont be dissapointed with them. Get their new larger wheels also they are awesome.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by janderson78
LOL Just look in the sig block you will understand this post LOL
LoL, at least I didnt bash Panther, because I wouldnt do that to another company not my style, plus I seen those Panthers all year long when Chris Crews was passing me
Old 12-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

VP Pro tires are awesome. My son just started running them and loves them. The wear on them is out standing. The truggy tire are great also. Can't wait for the new buggy tires to come out next month. We already got an oppurtunity to run a set of axemen and they were terrific. So far everything we have used has been top notch.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Me thinks there are too many people on these forums pimping sponsors products.

Seriously, do you really think that it looks good to use a thread asking about Panther tires to pimp another company's product? I think it looks much worse that if you never said anything, but that's just me...
Old 12-12-2009, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveP
Me thinks there are too many people on these forums pimping sponsors products.

Seriously, do you really think that it looks good to use a thread asking about Panther tires to pimp another company's product? I think it looks much worse that if you never said anything, but that's just me...

+ a whole bunch! lol
Old 12-12-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Panther tires wear great. I used to run them, especially K2s which to this day I still think are the best all track tire.
If I ever had any doubt as to what tire to run, I would always put on a set of K2s.
If you do get a set, do get the green molded foams from Panther, or get another company's molded insert.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Panther makes a really good tire. Comparing how long tires are going to last to another companys tire is hard to do. Just choose the right tire for the right condition. Also wheel spin will play a big part in how long your tires are going to last. I know i like k2's, and gators in front and boas in the rear with aka foams.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Default panther

I like the Panther tires on the new big rims with Ofna inserts, but I wish that panther would make a Bow-Tie style tire HINT-HINT. Every other tire company makes one because they work and is the tire of choice on my home track Eclipse, Bow-tie, I-Beam. It would be cool to run like a Boa in front and a Panther Bow-Tie type tire in the back. I think it would help sell alot more tires because I think, no I know they have good rubber.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I know that it looks biased because I am a Panther driver, but Panther makes great tires. I would have never sent them an application to be a driver if I didn't think I could compete with their tires, no driver wants to drive for a company if they think they can't be fast with that companies product. Panther tires are fast, and I would have told you 2 months ago(before getting sponsored) the same exact thing. I am currently running soft compound gators and raptors on my home track and I have found them to wear at a very acceptable rate, and they also wear very evenly.