R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to Outtacontrol58
Smile Losi 8T 1.0 converted to 2.0 Easy??

Hey is it easy to convert a losi 8T 1.0 to a 2.0 for a cheap price? Just wondering because i am thinking about doing it. But making it electric too
Also sorry if this was already posted....
Outtacontrol58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
Tech Prophet

from what i heard from the guys who own a eight-t 2.0 is u can get the eight-t 2.0 chassis. and get a longer rear center drive shaft and u proberty would have to get the 2.0 eight-t. body also i gone to do the same thing ,i guess if. u want to go cheaper than getting the 2.0 t chassis i guess u could get the 2.0t supension componets, but i think i would be cheaper getting the 2.0t, chassis and longer rear center drive shaft and body.

im gone to try the same thing with my eight 1.0 t too u sure u dont wanted as a nitro .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
from what i heard from the guys who own a eight-t 2.0 is u can get the eight-t 2.0 chassis. and get a longer rear center drive shaft and u proberty would have to get the 2.0 eight-t. body also i gone to do the same thing ,i guess if. u want to go cheaper than getting the 2.0 t chassis i guess u could get the 2.0t supension componets, but i think i would be cheaper getting the 2.0t, chassis and longer rear center drive shaft and body.

im gone to try the same thing with my eight 1.0 t too u sure u dont wanted as a nitro .
Im sure that post really helped him out
JBURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58 View Post
Hey is it easy to convert a losi 8T 1.0 to a 2.0 for a cheap price? Just wondering because i am thinking about doing it. But making it electric too
Also sorry if this was already posted....
I really think it is a lot easier to pick up a used 2.0 roller than converting your 1.0. There were a lot of parts changed. I believe that the only parts it shares with the 1.0 are a few plastic pieces.

It's really up to you as how much time and money you want to spend.
pyromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
Tech Prophet

yea but woulnt u notice a diffrence in the handling if u just buy the eight-t 2.0 chassis and a longer rear center cvd , and then keep the eight -t 1.0 suspension arms and everything else?
Old 12-09-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Tech Master

Quote:
yea but woulnt u notice a diffrence in the handling if u just buy the eight-t 2.0 chassis and a longer rear center cvd , and then keep the eight -t 1.0 suspension arms and everything else?
The truggy isn't as easy to do as the buggy. All the CVD's, F/R arms and rear shocks are longer. It's really different from the 1.0 T.

I think Nick (Integra) converted his 1.0 to a 2.0 so he has better knowledge than me about this.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
Tech Prophet

i would keep the eight -t 1.0 parts i would just get the 2.0 t chassis and the longer rear center shaft if i can do that.

u would still have to change the shock towers and longer shocks and cvds just to get the eight-t 2.0 chassis.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Smile

What if i want to keep the suspension, this is what i was thinking. . . . my goal is to have a 2.0 8t electric truggy, could i buy the tekno conversion for the 8t2.0, buy the body mounts, longer center cvds, and a body and be done with it? or would i have to buy new shock towers and rear wing mount and wing too? Let me know and thanks!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #9
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58 View Post
What if i want to keep the suspension, this is what i was thinking. . . . my goal is to have a 2.0 8t electric truggy, could i buy the tekno conversion for the 8t2.0, buy the body mounts, longer center cvds, and a body and be done with it? or would i have to buy new shock towers and rear wing mount and wing too? Let me know and thanks!!!
The wing mount is the same from the 1.0 to the 2.0 so no need to change anything there.

Since you're getting the tekno kit, all you would need is the Rear CVD.

Again, it's really up to you if you want a 2.0 or a 1.25 .

Quote:
i would keep the eight -t 1.0 parts i would just get the 2.0 t chassis and the longer rear center shaft if i can do that.

u would still have to change the shock towers and longer shocks and cvds just to get the eight-t 2.0 chassis.
Since you're doing nitro, it's going to be totally different. In addition to the chassis and cvd, you would need the radio tray, throttle linkage and mug guards. I'm not sure if it's possible to mount the 2.0 body using the 1.0 towers. If you are able to mount the body, you'll have to drill holes in the shock tower to mount it properly.

Last edited by pyromania; 12-09-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Pyromania, u got PM. so just to be sure all i would need besides the 8t 2.0 tekno kit would be a rear cvd? How about the shock towers and body mounts, would i be able to keep the towers and put on the 8T 2.0 body mounts? Thanks for the help guys!!
Old 12-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #11
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromania View Post
The wing mount is the same from the 1.0 to the 2.0 so no need to change anything there.

Since you're getting the tekno kit, all you would need is the Rear CVD.

Again, it's really up to you if you want a 2.0 or a 1.25 .

Since you're doing nitro, it's going to be totally different. In addition to the chassis and cvd, you would need the radio tray, throttle linkage and mug guards. I'm not sure if it's possible to mount the 2.0 body using the 1.0 towers. If you are able to mount the body, you'll have to drill holes in the shock tower to mount it properly.

yea i can see how i would need to get the eight-t 2.0 radio tray cause of the longer chassis. and getting the 2.0 linkage even though setting up linkages is not my favorite at. all doing. mud guards whount be a big deal getting the 2.0 ones yea i proberty. would have to get the 2.0 t shock tower the rear one
how much is the 2.0t rear shocks.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #12
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromania View Post

I think Nick (Integra) converted his 1.0 to a 2.0 so he has better knowledge than me about this.

Im just enjoying the show.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #13
Tech Prophet

what show
Old 12-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #14
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt that Nick converted a 1.0 to a 2.0...
But seriously, there are soooo many changes in the 2.0 that you would be best served to sell your 1.0 and invest in a new or used 2.0. Anything less will provide minor at best improvements. Not a good enough cost/benefit ratio, IMHO. Might as well just keep it a 1.0 and save the money on the chassis since the 1.0 isn't that bad of a rig in original form.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #15
Tech Prophet

yea your right i just get the eight-t 1.0 flex chassis and just drive it .