R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Basically if you want a great kit for decent price that is more of the norm then go with the d8, if you want something different then most people at the track may not be running but still has solid build quality go with the Z-Buggy, I like being different

Either way you'll be happy.
iznasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Z Car..Its A very good car, its durable, depandable, and a race winner, performane, its on par with anything out there, the support in the the US is getting much better, Its not your "IN stock" at the hobby shop buggy, cause it don't break, you can save a bit on a D8, and break(You Hobby shop has some parts) Or not break..If by some chance you do break a Z Car, well, you have probably got a really beat down well used model from me...even with many many laps...(Months of racin) A Used Z Car is more durable than most brands on the market..and just as fast. The durability is a huge factor, if you can run one of the "glass" buggy's an never break you are a really,really good driver, if you make a few mistakes,the Z car is the car for you..Not all folk drive like Hara..Even on their best day...

A Buddy told me somthin that I still value..

"To Finish first..First one must Finish.."

Think about it.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:41 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdcameolsx View Post
For racing you will be much happier with a D8. Parts are WAY more easily available online and at local hobby shops. The D8 is a world champion, the Z car defiantly can't boast that. The axle problems where the early releases. If ran with the cvd condoms and kept lubed they don't wear at all for the most part. The only Z car I have tried handled like absolute garbage. Those super cheap cars are super cheap for a reason is all I am gona say about that. Honestly the D8 is really the only car that will out perform its costs.
Super cheap for a reason? Tell us why you think so, but I will tell you the reason, if you are open minded enough to listen.
I have had 3 different Team Drivers switch from the D8, just FYI and ALL were faster with the Z-Buggy.
They are super cheap right now because the current disributor is not going to be distributing them anymore, Z-CarUSA will be.
So right now people can buy them at distributor level pricing as the current distributor sells its stock out.
Thats the reason, anything else is a lie.
Their normal cost is just slightly under the mainstream brands (Mugen, Losi etc) as they are not as established or well known...yet, but the quality is as good as anything out there, and better than most!.
The big difference between the Z-Car and the D8 is you dont have to spend hundreds on the z-car to get rid of a unmachined chassis and other RTR level equipment that is being sold as a "Pro" kit.

So you drove one, and it handles like garbage?
By your logic that makes them all handle like garbage?
Could it be that its setup was WAY off, or that it wasnt built right etc?
I understand you are a fan of the D8, but your logic...isn't.
As well speaking of parts, ya remember when there was a couple of months long shortage of D8 parts, enough to where many quit running them?
We keep a very large inventory of parts, I would think ordering from one online store isnt much more difficult that ordering from another one, brand regardless.
Give the Z-Car a chance, its a steal of a lifetime at blowout prices!
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote