Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
hotbodies d8 yes or no >

hotbodies d8 yes or no

hotbodies d8 yes or no

Old 12-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by DPowers
i will say the losi 2.0 is a good driving car i TQ my very first race with it but in my opinion the d8 is a more stable car and it handles rough terrian really good but i will be honest in stock form the 2.0 does accellerate a little faster but since i added the lighten drive train to my D8 the car is very fast off the line i can take tight corners and hit some jumps that alot of the guys driving the 2.0 cant and as for the cvd issues it all in how you maintance your equipment. but they are both good cars i just really like the D8 it just fits my driving style.

yea from the guys i seen who have the d8 and the d8t the d8 defiely looks a lot smoother over the washboard jumps and any bump then the eight 2.0
does . and d8t looks pretty smooth on a rough track also the track i go to is, rutty and blown out etc.

i dont have the eight 2.0 b or the eight -t i have the eight 1.0 b and i had to make changes from the stock setup cause. of the unstable on the stright and the turns and also the stock. setup wouldnt roatate good at all,so i changed ,to the mike trute setup love it .
Old 12-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I have owned every car out there excluding the MP9, I have been running the D8 for ruffly 2 mths. great buggy outside I never had any issues but since going into indoors (more traction) I have been breaking CVD's left and right I bought the WCE version last weekend and will be running them this saturday so we will see what happends if they break again I will be going back to my MBX6...other then the CVD issue I love the car, cheap and fun beating all of the "high dollar" cars with it to boot lol good luck with whatever you go with.

Ryan
Old 12-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

how bout da z car wats better
Old 12-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

The only thing to keep in mind with the CVDs is wear.... most guys never break one till they're car has a couple gallons on it then they start breaking them all the time.... its because by then the drivetrain develops some wear and the added lash will break them. I suggest rebuilding the CVDs whenever necessary to keep the lash to a minimum, the kits are less than $5 and worth it

http://www.rcplanet.com/Hot_Bodies_J...p/hbs67404.htm

The D8 will accelerate as fast as any car out there.... wouldnt be world champ is it didnt hehe

Good luck finding parts for a Z-car
Old 12-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
The only thing to keep in mind with the CVDs is wear.... most guys never break one till they're car has a couple gallons on it then they start breaking them all the time.... its because by then the drivetrain develops some wear and the added lash will break them. I suggest rebuilding the CVDs whenever necessary to keep the lash to a minimum, the kits are less than $5 and worth it

http://www.rcplanet.com/Hot_Bodies_J...p/hbs67404.htm

The D8 will accelerate as fast as any car out there.... wouldnt be world champ is it didnt hehe

Good luck finding parts for a Z-car
no not parts for the z car i was wondering if its better then the d8 and wat would be a good engine for this
Old 12-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slasher man
no not parts for the z car i was wondering if its better then the d8 and wat would be a good engine for this
thats a question with 100 different answers
Old 12-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

The D8 is a very good racer. Corner speed and acceleration matches any other buggy out there. It's very forgiving and easy to drive. It's a little heavier than other buggies stock, but I think that's what makes it as forgiving as it is.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Miniracer23
The D8 is a very good racer. Corner speed and acceleration matches any other buggy out there. It's very forgiving and easy to drive. It's a little heavier than other buggies stock, but I think that's what makes it as forgiving as it is.
really? i ran ko pro po low pro servos and lipo rx packs with a jammin jpx .21 motor
with a full tank of gas and proline m3 bowties and proline rims the car was under 8lbs right at 3538g to be exact. not as light as i would have liked but the car drove great i just wanted a truggy lol
Old 12-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
thats a question with 100 different answers
in overall racing status
Old 12-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

what would give me alot of low end and some hiegh speed wat would be a good engine in the d8 andi hav a local hoobby shop tha has z cars parts and the buggy it self so parts are no problem idk wich one to get and wich ones more durable
Old 12-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

i will say the losi 2.0 is a good driving car i TQ my very first race with it but in my opinion the d8 is a more stable car and it handles rough terrian really good but i will be honest in stock form the 2.0 does accellerate a little faster but since i added the lighten drive train to my D8 the car is very fast off the line i can take tight corners and hit some jumps that alot of the guys driving the 2.0 cant and as for the cvd issues it all in how you maintance your equipment. but they are both good cars i just really like the D8 it just fits my driving style.
how much is that drive train and how much would a good engine cost
Old 12-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

a good budget mill would be a werks b3 i run one in mine and it has alot of bottum in tourge and its descent on top but if you could afford a little more i would look at the b5 that motor is pretty fast. and good luck on picking a buggy i like the d8 myself.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

a good budget mill would be a werks b3 i run one in mine and it has alot of bottum in tourge and its descent on top but if you could afford a little more i would look at the b5 that motor is pretty fast. and good luck on picking a buggy i like the d8 myself.
\thanks alot i am going with the d8
Old 12-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

what would be a good exhoust for the werks engine b3
Old 12-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slasher man
how much is that drive train and how much would a good engine cost
you really dont need the drive train at first the car will be good stock and they are alot of good HB guys that will help you with set up and tipps as you learn your car and the costumer service is really good as well, and my son runs the car bone stock and he likes it i might lighten it up a little in a few months but it could hurt is driving a lighter car isnt always the best

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.