Wiki Posts
Search

Hudy setup station

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Hudy setup station

I've got a setup station on the way. It's the basic 1/8 offroad set, what all do I need for it? I know there's another top plate for truggy, is that a must have? Will the top plate that comes with it work on a truggy?

Thanks
Old 12-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

You will need the Truggy top plate for the Truggy, you will also need a flat surface to sit the setup station on. I use a 10mm thick piece of lexan to sit mine on. You can buy a Hudy board if you want but any flat surface does the job.

Cheers
Stricko
Old 12-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

+1 on the truggy top plate its quite a bit larger and the buggy one wont work.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

I'm not a truggy racer, buggy only, but I think my station came with the truggy plate.
It's way wider than my buggy, have to slide it over to the side your measuring on.
The tuggy plate works on buggies, maybe they just make only the truggy plate now???

The droop blocks and gauge are key for good setups. Using the oldschool shock length method is inconsistant and can only be set to a tolerance of +/- 2-3mm at the hub. Useing the droop gauges I can reliably get droop set to a repeatable tolerence of +/- 1mm.

If droop gets set differently than how you wanted it set, it can mask some of your other changes and really send you into tuner hell. The exactness of the gauge and blocks really helps prevent those errors.

A glass or ceramic cutting board from walmart makes for a nice flat surface. Never bothered with the Hudy decal.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Zerodefect The buggy plate comes with it you didn't get the truggy plate both plates are wider than the buggy and truggy you have to measure one side then slide it over to measure the other side