Community
Wiki Posts
Search

losi 8ight tuned flex chassis?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default losi 8ight tuned flex chassis?

hi im thinking of getting a tuned flex chassis but i do not know what benefits they would have on a small track that is very bumpy with tight corners. would it make my losi more stable on the rough? also which is better the losi tuned flex chassis or the bce chassis? ive seen alot about the bce chassis but do they ship to the UK?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Prophet

from what i heard of other people is that the flex chassis is better on A rough
bumpy track thats why im getting one,as for a brace i would use the alum brace if u use the flex chassis, the bce is defiely on my radar dont know
if they ship to uk also the flex chassis gives u more grip im sure its more
stable too
Old 12-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
from what i heard of other people is that the flex chassis is better on A rough
bumpy track thats why im getting one,as for a brace i would use the alum brace if u use the flex chassis, the bce is defiely on my radar dont know
if they ship to uk also the flex chassis gives u more grip im sure its more
stable too
It is better to use the stock plastic braces with the tuned flex chassis, the alum braces make the chassis to rigid, it wont allow it to flex like it is suppose too. TC have you ever read your post before posting it, it is very hard to comprehend what you are saying and meaning, specially with the mispelled words, come on man take some time and proof read what your posting, it will help all understand what your saying.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Prophet

how is it hard to read
Old 12-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

if you're going to shell out the money for a new chassis, i would recommend getting a 2.0 spec tuned flex chassis. it'll give your 1.0 the handling characteristics of a 2.0. but be aware that you'll also need a longer rear driveshaft to go along with the 2.0 chassis.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

how is it hard to read
you use absolutely no grammar/punctuation on your posts. it's always a long run-on sentence.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Prophet

oh ok il try that im not good at writing and spelling
Old 12-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Go with the BCE and get you a 2.0 center rear shaft and you will be dialed. Plus its chaeper than a TFT chassis. He will ship to the UK also.

http://shop.bcespeed.com/addtocart.s...d=2&quantity=1
Old 12-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jube
Go with the BCE and get you a 2.0 center rear shaft and you will be dialed. Plus its chaeper than a TFT chassis. He will ship to the UK also.

Wow $98 you can get a TFT for $102 from Amain which is more expensive than most. Or Ebay for less than 80 bucks
Old 12-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jube

+1 on the BCE chassis. I have run the roller chassis on a 8T 1.0 and then switched to the flex tuned chassis and the difference was huge, better stability in the bumps and overall more traction, well worth the 100 bucks to upgrade. Then comes the BCE chassis. And I can say that there was as much of an improvement from the felx tuned to the bce as there was from the stock to the flex tuned. The BCE chassis makes the car more predictable and helps it out in the bumps. I like the BCE chassis and they cost about the same as a flex tuned chassis. Everything mounts up just like it was factory made. The BCE chassis is 1mm thinner so you have to use the supplied washers on the center diff mount so the spur gear does not hang below the chassis. The BCE 2.0 chassis is the way to go if you are thinking about updating your chassis. All you will need is a rear center driveshaft and you are set.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

well i was going to get a 2.0 flex chassis form what ive seen on the forum it give better handling.

but would it improve my car on my track which is very bumpy and very technical?

so which chassis should i go for the bce or the losi chassis?
Old 12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Prophet

i would get the bce chassis you might have to wait for about a mouth or
so maybe not but from what i heard its worth it just keep on running the stock
eight chassis intil u get it
Old 12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

how is it hard to read
it made no sense
Old 12-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Frank L
+1 on the BCE chassis. I have run the roller chassis on a 8T 1.0 and then switched to the flex tuned chassis and the difference was huge, better stability in the bumps and overall more traction, well worth the 100 bucks to upgrade. Then comes the BCE chassis. And I can say that there was as much of an improvement from the felx tuned to the bce as there was from the stock to the flex tuned. The BCE chassis makes the car more predictable and helps it out in the bumps. I like the BCE chassis and they cost about the same as a flex tuned chassis. Everything mounts up just like it was factory made. The BCE chassis is 1mm thinner so you have to use the supplied washers on the center diff mount so the spur gear does not hang below the chassis. The BCE 2.0 chassis is the way to go if you are thinking about updating your chassis. All you will need is a rear center driveshaft and you are set.
i watched the video of u racing your losi 8ight truggy and buggy and they looked a lot more stable then my losi. but the track u was racing was a hell of a a lot smoother then the track i race
Old 12-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lewis666
well i was going to get a 2.0 flex chassis form what ive seen on the forum it give better handling.

but would it improve my car on my track which is very bumpy and very technical?

so which chassis should i go for the bce or the losi chassis?
bce or losi, it'll improve it in the rough and make it feel more stable over the 1.0 stock chassis.

i have the bce on my 1.0 and it's been a great hop-up. i've never tried the stock 2.0 losi chassis so i can't comment. if you go the bce route, do know that there's a lead time on getting it built and sent to you so you may have to wait a few weeks to receive it from the time of payment. if you absolultely need it soon, you might want to go the losi route.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.