R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
Tech Addict
 
slasher man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 514
Default what whould be a good racing buggy for the price

i was thinking of the picco ofna buggy or the hyper 8.5x rtr any other suggistions would be appreaciated thanx for ur help
slasher man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher man View Post
i was thinking of the picco ofna buggy or the hyper 8.5x rtr any other suggistions would be appreaciated thanx for ur help
The losi 2.0 rtr comes with everything including a 2.4 radio and a starter box. All you need to buy extra is: Glow Igniter, Nitro Fuel, Fuel Bottle, (2) 7.2V Batteries for the Starter Box or a 4s lipo and you are ready to race. This buggy is also bery competitive in RTR trim right out of the box. I have seen guys at my local track do well with both the buggy and truggy 2.0 RTR's For $699 or less its the way to go. heres one for $649 >> http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...dproduct=12643
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
Tech Addict
 
slasher man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 514
Default

thanks but thats a little to pricey
slasher man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

then i whould get the rc8 buggy rtr but u have everything with the 2.0 eight.
buggy its worth the price
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
slasher man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
then i whould get the rc8 buggy rtr but u have everything with the 2.0 eight.
buggy its worth the price
yea i was thinking of that tooo how about the d8
slasher man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

get the d8 buggy like i was saying and for what i heard its very forgiving
and easy to drive and the price is good
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #7
Tech Addict
 
JBURCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hampton Va
Posts: 626
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
get the d8 buggy like i was saying and for what i heard its very forgiving
and easy to drive and the price is good
D8 or RC8 your gonna get him confused you named 2 different types of buggies in two posts. Is it for racing or bashing, there is a difference if racing I would go with the Losi even if it means saving for a while and waiting. If for bashing I would go with either choice you had, but I would make sure that my LHS had spare parts for which ever one you choose.
JBURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #8
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

he was looking at the eight 2.0b but he said it was to much and he whats
to race it so i told him to get the d8.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #9
Tech Elite
 
DPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where the fast guys are
Posts: 3,528
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

get the HB D8 it is a great handling car.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:26 PM   #10
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
get the HB D8 it is a great handling car.


thats what i was saying to him i own a eight 1.0 and i saw the d8 buggy,
on the track it looks smoother then the eight and it looked like it handle
good also.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #11
Tech Addict
 
slasher man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
thats what i was saying to him i own a eight 1.0 and i saw the d8 buggy,
on the track it looks smoother then the eight and it looked like it handle
good also.
ohh so the d8 is smoother than the 8eight
slasher man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #12
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

it looked like it to me but maybe it was the driver,i dont have a 2.0 eight b
i have the 1.0 so its not eqite as smooth, but i am coverting the chassis to
a 2.0 eight chassis,did u find the d8 on amainhobbies
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #13
Tech Addict
 
slasher man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
it looked like it to me but maybe it was the driver,i dont have a 2.0 eight b
i have the 1.0 so its not eqite as smooth, but i am coverting the chassis to
a 2.0 eight chassis,did u find the d8 on amainhobbies
yea i did for 290 sounds like a great deal but i was thinking if i should save some more and get the losi eight 2.0 with all the goodies idk wat to do
slasher man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #14
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

i mean u could but then u have to get a engine and the servos and thats
more than $600 when u can get a pretty good hot bodies d8 for alot cheaper.
and get a more expensive engine or servos basilly u will have money left.
the good thing is that if u have a local hobby store than its easy to get.
parts for the eight but from what i heard the d8 is strong and i dint see .
any the guys at the track i was at break .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #15
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i mean u could but then u have to get a engine and the servos and thats
more than $600 when u can get a pretty good hot bodies d8 for alot cheaper.
and get a more expensive engine or servos basilly u will have money left.
the good thing is that if u have a local hobby store than its easy to get.
parts for the eight but from what i heard the d8 is strong and i dint see .
any the guys at the track i was at break .




do u have a starter box by the way
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:20 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net