R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #61
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBURCH View Post
Why would that make you an underdog, as long as you keep the wheels on the ground. But dont forget about those electric guys beating you

yea trust me i dont care about the 1/8 electric its all in the driving and
some guys who have the electric usally i dint see win lol.

most of time i do keep my wheels on the ground sometimes no.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyW View Post
I have had a D8. Thay have issues with the rear tower breaking-wing support is not triangulated to the diff case it all is up top. So when you crash it has a ton of leverage to snap the tower in half. There are some aftermarket companies trying build blocks and what not to remedy this problem. The drive shafts break constantly even the "updated ones". I ended up running XB8 shafts in mine($25 each-ouch). Also I had few c-hub failures. If the track you race at is rough and bumpy you will need the 115mm rear shock kit($80?). Check the forum you will find a long list of mods that are needed. Also it is heavy-this what makes them stable. In short run up to jumps this may be a issue unless you have a motor with alot of bottom end. Also at the time I ran one parts were hard to come by. I had to buy everything from ebay-usually kit parts that someone parted out to meet the demand. It was so bad that the local HB pro dropped his sponsorship because they could not even get him parts. The D8 guys seem to do best at bigger flowing tracks. I dumped the D8 and got a 6-night and day difference. No mods needed except I did get a Kinghead ext mount. I did get frustrated with some DNFs from pivot ball issues. But my speed increased substancially. Recently picked up a XB808 and really like it alot. Still trying to get a handle on it. But the quality of build is outstanding. There are really no mods needed. So my advice from recently being in your shoes about 1 year ago, is get a good used kit. You can find them on ebay for $200 to $250 all day long. If you are set on the D8 get a used one off ebay thats already had all the mods done. I have seen them go for $100 to $175. Dont do like me and spend alot of money trying to save alittle. You will be much happier in the end.

i ran mine bone stock for a while didnt break one part but the rear shock tower and HB sent me out the new one and since then i have installed all the lighten drive train and techno light weight chassis and 112 mm rear shock tower but i havent had a chance to run with the chassis yet becouse of the weather and i havent had much of a drive shaft issue i just keep them greased with boots around them of course when they first come out they are going to have issues just like losi, associated and any other manufacturer will it takes a while to get all the bugs work out i swicthed from the losi 2.0 and i havent looked back i really like the D8 and after i but all the lighten drive train parts on the car it accelerates like crazy now the way i see it what ever car you get if you put time in it you will be good with it but to me its hard to beat the D8 i have drove ever car just about made except the hyper 9 all have good points and bad points.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote