R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default o,donnell ss or something else-please help

i have heard some good things about this engine,but i have been an rb man ever since i can remember.the price is good(229.00) also.should i stay with what i know or move on? does anyone have other ideas in this price range or any thoughts.
thanks
bigguyrc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I currently have two of the OD ss.21 engines and love them both. I have been able to keep up with and pass just about any other engine out there, but this mostly comes down to driving. you might want to take a look at the werks B5 I have heard great things about that engine as well. I went with the OD cause I have a OD z01b and just thought i would keep with the same company. Also check out the powerhouse modded novarossi engine i think its the bf.21 or something like that, that engine is great too. It seems that most of the engines coming out now in this price range have really great performance, not much of a need to spend $500 on an engine anymore unless you are competing at a really high level. hope this helps, feel free to ask questions.
fievel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would definately give the ss a look if I was you. I just like trying different stuff and picked one up a couple months back and it was superb until last weekend and I got hit head on by someone coming into my lane and I'm chalking it up to loosing a piece of glow plug element into the combustion chamber. I will still run it for a practice motor but I will be buying another one. 4 gals and not the first hiccup before this happen. I just thought I would take it apart to inspect it after 4 gal and I found it had lost the element from the plug that was still installed in it. Still has great pinch and runs awesome but I wouldn't trust it for a big race. Just because peace of mind. And for the record I have ran everything on the market besides rb engines and this one is just as good as any of them.
Jonathan Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
Tech Elite

The SS is just as good as any other engine on the market ,use top quality fuel and a proper pipe and header combo and this engine is good for 9 galons before rebuild .replace conrod after 7 litres and you have a top engine that will outperform any engine on the track .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote